The Moment Takes You

Katy Perry's On Replay, She's On Replay

I sighed to myself as I stepped into the elevator, wrapping my pink cardigan around myself as I pushed the button to take me up to the penthouse. I smoothed out my skirt and fixed my Bradford while I waited. As soon as the doors opened, I realized I wouldn't need it and shrugged it off. I looked around, taking everything in. The floor was done up in such a fashion-from the décor inside, to the bar on the balcony-that was totally Dana. 'Woah,' I mumbled to myself as the scent of lavender hit me

I stepped out, into the crowd of people, spotting Liam right away. He was taking jackets and keys from people, being the typical Daddy Direction that he was, when he noticed me. He waved and walked over.

"Oriana!" He smiled, wrapping me I a hug, "So glad you could make it."

"Sorry I'm late, I had a field hockey game earlier that ran over the time it was supposed to take and I was in a time crunch," I apologized, hugging back.

"Oh, it's no problem." He shrugged, pulling away.

"So, where's Dana and everyone?" I asked, looking around again.

"Good question; I was actually just about to go look for her..." He trailed off, "I believe I saw Lou and Nora taking to some people over there, Harry and Ria over at the bar, and Niall dancing with Nathalie, but I haven't seen Zayn lately."

"Ria's back? I think I'll go say hi. Can I help you first?" I asked, taking some keys from him and purposely ignoring his comment about Zayn.

"Thanks, love." He said, smiling and waking over to a closet. He hung up the jackets, including mine, and took a bowl from the top shelf where I placed all the keys in. "Yours, too." He scolded, earning a roll of the eyes from me as I searched my bad for them and plopped them in.

"I haven't heard about that picnic yesterday, yet." He glared.

Liam was the one to set us up initially, it was more of an accident, but he acted as though he was the mastermind behind it.

"I'll see you later, Liam. Have fun." I smiled cheesily and waved, walking into the crowd.

"You, too.  Just not too much fun!" He called out, before disappearing.

I shook my head, moving through the crowd, saying a couple hellos here and there to faces I'd seen before but could not put a name to, before making it to the balcony.

I purposely walked between their stools to order a drink from the bartender, "Oh, sorry...Am I interrupting something?"

Hardy glared at me, as per usual, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"OJ?" Ria asked, hugging me tightly.

"In the flesh." I nodded, hugging back.

"Why are you extra annoying tonight?" Harry questioned, cocking his head to one side and earning a light smack from Ria.

"I scored the winning goal in the biggest game of the season...from defense. Excuse me if I'm in the mood to celebrate." I shrugged smugly.

"Congrats!" Ria grinned, clinking her beer to my glass.

"Thanks." I beamed, "It's great that you're back, really, but I'll catch up with you guys later."

"Going to look for Zayn?" Harry smirked evilly.

"No, I just figured I'd to check out the rest of the party," I gave Ria another hug and downed my drink, "Have fun."

I turned around and readjusted the strap of my bag on my shoulder before going back to the dance floor. I wandered around the edge, like a loser, for a few moments just scoping it out. I sighed again l, realizing I had no real point in being at this party. I had a feeling that our group would all be spending the night in pairs rather than a group. Which, for me, wasn't working out so well. I didn't know anyone else at the party, or at least I hadn't seen anyone else that I knew, and I wasn't one of those people who could just walk onto the dance floor and dance or talk to some random person. I could barely dance with another person, so why go make a fool of myself by doing the Sprinkler in the middle if the floor, I would rather sit on the couch with the rest of the unskilled, friendless/shy party-goers and pretend I had better people to talk to, thank you very much.

"And what are you doing over here?"

I shrugged, looking up, "Hi, Louis, hey, Nora."

"Come dance with us!" Nora said, eyes pleading.

I sighed and stood up., putting my phone away, "I can't be responsible for the amount of stares we will get. My dancing is just that bad."

Louis rolled his eyes, "Be quiet and walk."

"Yes, Sir Sasslinson." I saluted him and followed behind him and a giggling Nora.

Louis was always the one to go to when we needed cheering up, and sometimes, if you were lucky, he'd just appear out of nowhere without being asked. He really was like Superman.

But, boy did all those screaming fans affect his hearing. He lead Nora and I over to one of the biggest and loudest speakers, busting out with his famous Pat the Dog, Screw the Light Bulb dance. Before we knew it, Nora and I joined along, laughing. A few songs had gone by and I was more comfortable, to the point where I was even dancing with the nameless people around us. A remix of one of Rihanna's songs was playing, and although I didn't care much for her music, I was popping my booty to it and somehow managing to attract attention from a few guys. I politely declined, thinking of a certain tattoo obsessed, quiff wearing, NSYNC loving boy that I could dance with. When I thought of him, I couldn't help but smile and remember the picnic we had just the day before that lasted from about noon until way past sunset.

Louis, Nora, and I were doing The Towel (hands balled up in fists at your aides, shimmying yourself from side to side as if you were drying yourself with a towel in a cheesy, but dancy fashion) to 'Shake It' by Metro Station when Nora spotted Zayn. I said goodbye to both of them, winking secretly at her. I turned and headed to grab something from the bar before walking back in the general direction we had spotted him.

I opened my mouth to say hello, but noticed that a girl had practically thrown herself at him and started shaking her ass on him. He smiled at her, whispering something in her ear, his face dropping when he noticed me just a few feet away from him. He looked back at her and started to say something, removing his hands from her hips, but I had spun around and started forcing myself through the crowd again. Moments later, I had accidentally bumped into a guy who was also working his way out of the sweaty mass of bodies.

"I'm so sorry!" I yelled, trying to fight the speakers.

He turned around and smiled instantly, "Oriana, right? It's no big deal. Shit happens."

I searched over his waves of curly, blond hair and over his cocoa colored brown eyes, trying to come up with his name without making it seem like I didn't know if we had talked at this party or a previous one.

He caught on and smiled even wider, extending his hand, "Ian."

"I knew that. I was just testing you." I laughed, rolling my eyes playfully, and shaking his hand.

"Of course you did." He winked, "Care to dance, love? I know you said 'no' before, but-"

He was rambling, but I figured "Two can play at this game." and said, "I would love to."

He grinned again and took my hand, moving us to the music. We fist pumped through Enrique Iglesias' 'I Like It' and a few of the big radio hits of the year before I heard the first few notes of 'Burnin' Up' by the Jonas Brothers and went all out. I couldn't contain myself from Towel-ing, Sprinkler-ing, and even Mashed Potato-ing. Ian and u were laughing and doing a bunch of different moves, and before I knew it, a circle hD formed around us and we were dancing against other people.

Even though the night had taken so many unexpected turns on me, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oriana's Outfit

Hope you're all enjoying it so far! Sorry for taking so long to get this up (that's what he said xD). We'd love to read your comments! <3