I've Had a Funny Feeling About You

Announcements and Not-Dates

“Viv, come on, we're going to be late for the meeting!” Trina shouts to me from the living room.
“Two minutes!” I shout back, slipping on my headband and ignoring the fact that she and Ali are the reasons that we are going to be late.
I have been living with Trina and Ali, and have been a part of Team Starkid, for a little over a month now and this is the first mandatory meeting that the Langs have called for us all. I mean, they've brought us over to the mansion for parties and fun group time and what not, but they seemed serious when they called each of us on the phone. The only people not worried seemed to be Darren and A.J., who refused to tell me or Ali what was going on.
“It's a surprise, Vivi,” they kept saying whenever we asked. This usually results in us throwing the nearest object at them with as much love as possible.
Over this past month, Darren and I had become closest, along with Brosenthal, Moses, and I. Before them, I don't understand how I knew what true friendship was other than Ali.
Finally ready, I put on my sandals and join Trina and Ali in the living room. We rush to the car and then speed to the mansion. Thankfully, because of Trina's Grand Theft Auto style driving, we make it there with two minutes to spare. Ali jumps out of the car with Trina and I right behind her. We run into the mansion and I sit next to Moses quickly. As of right now, the Langs are no where in sight. Moses examines me, amused.
“Thought you were going to be late?” he asks, leaning back on the couch.
I nod. “Apparently Ali and Trina's version of a quick shower is half an hour each. I had to move fast to actually make sure we made it here on time and I'm exhausted.”
He laughs and pats his shoulder. Not needing another indication, I grin and rest my head. It doesn't last long, though because soon Nick and Matt are entering. They sit in the two center chairs and everyone's focus is instantly drawn to them.
“Hey guys. Thanks for coming today. We've got a lot to discuss,” Nick says. “Lately, Matt, Darren, and I have been trying to put the final touches on our next big project, with a lot of help from Holden and A.J., of course. Most of you guys have probably heard us talking about it at some point or another or maybe have even requested it.”
Lauren's head pops up excitedly. “Wait a minute...You aren't talking about --”
“A Very Potter Sequel,” says Matt with a grin. “The script's done, the music is fantastic, and we've been working with Britney and Denise on getting choreography done for it. We just need the okay from all of you.”
“So what do you guys say?” asks Nick, hopeful.
“Yes, yes, yes!” Jaime agrees quickly. Lauren and Bonnie are quick to get on board.
“You already know my answer to it, Nick,” Darren grins. “There's no AVPS without Harry freakin' Potter.”
Dylan Saunders nods approvingly. “And Dumbledore has to make his reprise, you know.”
Soon, everybody is buzzing with excitement about picking up new roles and bringing back their old characters. I feel really out of place, but don't admit it because of how happy everyone else seems.
“Great!” Nick exclaims. “Matt's got the scripts. Let's get started in looking this over today!”
Matt passes out scripts to everyone and we are instructed to partner up. I am immediately grabbed by Moses, Brosenthal, and Darren but in the end it is Ali that wins me.
“Back away savages! She's mine!” she shouts at them. We both giggle and run into the kitchen to rehearse and possibly scrounge up food for ourselves. But this only ends up with sad results seeing as the Starkids still hadn't quite learned how to stock up their cupboards and fridge. We finally settle on top of the counter and flip through the script. Ali eyes me over the top of hers.
“What part do you want, Vivi?” she asks.
I shrug. “I don't even think I'll get a part. Aren't they basically all dealt out already because of the first one?”
Ali laughs. “Yeah, right. There are so many characters in Harry Potter that it's not even physically possible for you not to at least have one small role.”
“I suppose...”
She hits my leg gently. “Come on, Negative Nancy. Read in Mrs. Weasley to me. I'll practice everyone else.”
“Aren't you going to get yourself a serious part?”
“No, I have too much college work.” I notice a slight frown form on her face. “But it's whatever. I'll still see the show and be at rehearsals with you all and stuff.”
“Okay,” I nod, even though I am honestly quite upset about her not performing with us. But I suppose an Ali in the audience is better than no Ali at all, so I keep my mouth shut about that while I read Mrs. Weasley's lines.
By the end of the rehearsal I have read in Mrs. Weasley's lines, Seamus Finnigan's, and Rita Skeeter's, and Ali and I are laughing too hard to even read the script anymore.
“This is going to be the best musical ever!” Ali says with glee in between laughs.
“Well, that's the goal,” says Matt, walking into the kitchen and grinning. “You both enjoyed the script?”
“I could hardly stand reading in. All I want to do is laugh. It's such a great script,” I tell him. If possible, he grinned wider.
“Great! Well, our first rehearsal is on Sunday at noon. We'll cast everyone and start to go over our first group dance. Thanks for coming, guys.” He gives both of us hugs, collects our temporary scripts, and leaves the kitchen. We head into the living room and meet up with Trina, who is goofing off with Joey. As I roll my eyes, Ali and I are both lifted from behind by two pairs of hands. We squeal as we are thrown onto the sofa and held down. I look up at our captors, Darren, Brosenthal, Moses, and A.J., and burst out laughing.
“You guys are idiots,” I say. Darren, who is holding me down at this point, grins.
“This is what you get for abandoning me with these guys,” he tells me.
“Yeah, I actually had to work with Moses,”A.J. agrees, holding down Ali. Moses pushes him and they laugh.
“Oh deal with it. We needed best friend time! Plus you didn't tell me about the musical, you jerk!” Ali objects, sticking her tongue out at him. A.J. rolls his eyes and lets her up.
“Tell you what, I'll forgive you for ditching me on one condition,” he says, holding her arm so that she can't run away. She smiles and holds onto his other hand tightly.
“And what's that?”
“Come on a date with me.” He holds out his pinky and she takes it with her own.
“Of course.” They kiss quickly and walk away from the rest of us hand in hand. Darren lets me up after and glares at me.
“You still abandoned me,” he pouts.
“Aw, poor baby,” I say, sticking my bottom lip out and ruffling his curly hair like I would a child.
He glares again. “Do you want to be trapped on the couch again?”
I laugh as Trina comes rushing over to me. “Hey!” she exclaims. “Do you think you could find a ride back to the apartment?”
“I'm not sure. I mean, Ali is going on a date with A.J. and I don't even have a key there yet. Why can't you take me back?”
She blushes slightly. “I kind of have a date, too.”
My eyes go wide. “With who?!” She discreetly looks toward Joey and I fight back a scream. “You're kidding!”
She shakes her head. “Nope!” Her face falls slightly. “But if you don't have a way home, I shouldn't go.”
“No no no! Go on the date and have a great time! I'll find something to do.”
“Are you sure?” Though she was just trying to check, I could feel her become twenty times happier.
“If this puts you more at ease, Trina, I'll steal Vivi for the afternoon,” Darren says, throwing his arm around my shoulders.
“That'd be great of you, Darren! Thank you both so, so much!” Trina hugs both of us at once and I push her away gently.
“Now, go get your man,” I tease. She laughs and walks over to Joey, who takes her hand and leads her out of the manor.
I squeal as soon as they're out of sight. Darren gives me a strange look and I grin.
“They're just too ding-dangin' cute!” I tell him. He bursts out laughing.
“Ding-dangin'?” he teases. “I thought you lived in New York, not Texas.”
I glare playfully and push him gently away from me. “Shut it.”
He holds his hands up in defense. “Just sayin'.”
I laugh, “So you have me for Lord knows how long. What are we going to do?”
“What time is it?”
“Five.”
He smiles coyly. “I have an idea. Come on.” He leads me out to his two-door Chevrolet Cobalt and we get in without much spoken between us.
It was fairly strange being alone with Darren. Sure, we'd been alone before at the Starkid parties and we slept next to each other at nearly every sleepover, but we'd never actually been alone alone. I was far from complaining, though, especially when Darren begins to play a CD filled with a lot of his favorite music (and coincidentally, mine as well). By the time “Teenage Dream” by Katy Perry comes on, I am singing along with every lyric.
“'You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream, the way you turn me on. I can't sleep. Let's run away and don't ever look back! Don't ever look back!'”
Darren looks at my from the driver's seat, his smile sneaking back onto his face. I tilt my head to the side and ask, “What?”
“Nothing, nothing. Don't worry about it,” he responds, returning his eyes to the road, but still keeping his smirk.
“Darren I-Do-Not-Know-Your-Middle-Name Criss, please tell me.” I make my green eyes into a sad imitation of puppy-dog eyes and I hear him laugh.
“Well, 1) my middle name is Everett. Don't laugh at it.” I do anyway. “And 2) I was only admiring your voice. You've got a set of lungs on you.”
I make a face. “My voice isn't even that good.”
“We'll agree to disagree on that one, young Vivi.”
I allow myself a small smile and bump his elbow with mine. “So where are we going?”
“It's a secret.”
“Secrets, secrets are no fun unless they're shared with everyone,” I recite. He laughs.
“You're one of those people that hate surprises, aren't you?” I nod. “Then this will be fun.”
I whine, “But Dar-ren!”
“No buts,” he retorted. “Now, put that great singing voice of yours to work so that my ears have a break from the whining.”
I pout a bit more before finally giving into him and singing along with the CD. After a few more minutes, he pulls into the parking lot to what looks like a large carnival. I raise an eyebrow and look at Darren.
He simply grins and says, “Vivian Anderson, welcome to our not-date!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Vivian's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=50792638

Thanks for reading everyone! Please, please, please leave comments and let me know what you think (: Love you guys!