Status: Comments = Updates

Glee: Hollywood meets Lima

First Day Here and I Want to Leave.

McKinley High School at Lima, Ohio

Yeah, you heard correctly I am in Lima, Ohio for the first time and I’m stuck here until I graduate, I sighed, I didn’t want to be here, but my brothers wanted to live in a place where it was small and save, I scoffed, you get mugged once and you move halfway across the damn country. Today is my first day of school and I’m driving there so at least I won’t get lost, I patted my Jeep’s dashboard, “We’re almost there, the beginning of our torturous hell” I finally found the school, which really wasn’t that hard to find, it was just the directions given to me by my mother.

I grabbed my ray bans and placed them over my eyes, and grabbed my bag and placed it over my shoulder. I sighed; I locked my car and made my way towards the school. I looked around to see every clique; you would see in a teen movie, I chuckled, ‘Weird’. Before going up the steps to the school, I see a couple of jocks about to throw some kid into the dumpster, a teacher stops them, but not enough where they let him go. Minutes later, the teacher leaves and the kid yells out, “This is the new Mark Jacobs” One of the jocks stops them, and the kid takes off his sweater and hands it to him, and then he is thrown into the dumpster. I felt bad, but this is a new school I wanted to go through it as invisible as I could.

I walked around the halls looking for the counselor’s office, until I bumped into someone, or I least I think I did since I didn’t see anybody, I furrowed my eyebrows, “Down here” I looked down to see a student in a wheelchair. “Oh sorry” I said, he shrugged, “It’s okay, you must be new” he must have seen the look on my face because he said; “You look lost” I nod and blushed. “Counselor’s office?” he asked, I nodded, “Yeah, if you wouldn’t mind” he smiled; he waved his hand for me to follow. As I walked behind him and students cleared the way for him to pass through, we introduced to each other. We were in front of a clear office, where a woman was rearranging the pamphlets, and figured she was the counselor. I thanked Artie, which I found out was his name when we were walking.

I knocked on the door, since I didn’t want to interrupt her OCD moment, she smiles when she looks over and says, “Come in, you must be our new student” I nod my head, “Yeah, I was told to come here to get my schedule” she pointed at me, “Yes, I am Ms. Pillsbury and here is your schedule” she said, and handed me the paper. I had all AP Classes since I wanted to finish High School as quickly as possible, and without any confrontation or bullying. I thanked her and left her room, to find my first class.

Well, since I am pretty sure you don’t want to hear how my classes went I’ll introduce myself, my name is Persephone, I am 15 years old and I have three older brothers, and two younger brothers. My younger brothers go to Elementary school and two of my brothers are in college, while the first born is my guardian, since my parents were in an accident and were one of many victims of death. Being the only girl has its disadvantages, my brothers have a tendency to be slightly overprotected, and will scare any potential friend or guy friend for that matter, so I was teased a lot because of that. I’m very shy, when to meeting new people, but once you got to know me I am somewhat more confident although by not very much.

It was lunch now, so I decided to eat somewhere else, because I didn’t want to be looked at like some lab experiment. My brother made me some lunch so I walked around until I stumbled upon the auditorium, there on the stage were some instruments, I smiled when I saw the piano, I placed my lunch and bag to the side of the piano and sat on the bench. I placed my hands on the keys and played a note, it was tuned and I was ecstatic.

Narrator’s POV

Mr. Schue was walking through the halls to get back to his classroom after talking to Emma about taking over the show choir. As he passed the auditorium, he heard the piano and a soft voice with it, he became curious and snuck so he wouldn’t frighten the student singing.
Ever since I was a baby girl I had a dream
Cinderella theme, crazy as it seems
Always knew that deep inside that there would come a day
When I would have to way, make so many mistakes

I couldn't comprehend as I watched it unfold
This classic story told I left it in the cold
Walking through an open door that led me back to you
Each one unlocking more of the truth

I finally stopped tripping on my youth
I finally got lost inside of you
I finally know that I needed to grow
And finally my maze has been solved

Finally
Now my destiny can begin
Though it will have a different set
Something strange and new is happening

Finally
Now my life doesn't seem so bad
It's the best that I've ever had
Give my love to him finally

I remember the beginning you already knew
I acted like a fool, just trying to be cool
Fronting like it didn't matter, I just ran away
On another face, was lost in my own space

Found what it's like to hurt selfishly
Scared to give of me, afraid to just believe
I was in a jealous, insecure, pathetic place
Stumbled through the nets that I had made

Finally got out of my own way
I've finally started living for today
I finally know, I needed to grow
And finally know that it must be so

Finally
Now my destiny can begin
Though we will have a different set
Something strange and new is happening

Finally
Now my life doesn't seem so bad
It's the best that I've ever had
Gave my love to him finally

Finally, finally

Finally
Now my destiny can begin
Though it will have a different set
Something beautiful is happening, is happening

Finally
Now my life doesn't seem so bad
It's the best that I've ever had
Give my love to him finally

Oh, finally, finally, finally


As Mr. Schue heard her sing and play he couldn’t help but smile, after hearing her sing he knew that taking over glee was the best idea. He saw her take her lunch and eat beside the piano, so he decided to make himself known. “That was beautiful” he said, the young girl jumped at the sudden voice, “You scared me” she said narrowing her eyes at him. He chuckled, “I’m sorry, but I heard you sing from outside the auditorium and I wanted to see who it was, I’m Mr. Schue I teach Spanish” he said, the young girl eyed him, and responded, “I’m Persephone, I’m new here” he nodded figuring that out at first sight, “So, I’m taking over a show choir after school, and you were amazing, so I was wondering if you’d like to join”

She thought about it, “Look, Mr. Schue I don’t think I can, I have all AP classes and I’m going to be overwhelmed with homework, so I don’t think I will have the time to join your club, sorry” after apologizing she left the auditorium once the bell rang leaving Mr. Schue alone and desperate for members. After school was over, she headed out the door, being the last student out since she had more textbooks than any other student, as she was walking out she could hear one of her favorite songs, from the auditorium, Journey’s “Don’t stop Believing” she sighed and decided to peek, there on the stage were a couple of students singing and having fun. She left the auditorium and walked out of the school, “Get through school, as quick and painless” she said to herself.

I arrived home half an hour later, I dropped my bag by the side of the door, and walked into the kitchen to see my brother and guardian cooking, I stood next to him, and kissed his cheek, “Something smells relatively good” I teased, “Ha Ha” he laughed sarcastically. “So how was your first day of school?” he asked, “It was fine, lots of staring, lots of pointing” I said, “The usual” I looked at my brother and he had a serious face on, “Not funny” he said I giggled, “What time are we picking up Will and Mike” I asked, “Uh, Actually Erik is bringing them” he said. I froze, “I wasn’t aware he was coming” I said trying to sound as uncaring as possible.

You see before our parent’s death my brother Erik and I were the closest siblings nothing could bring us apart, but it was all about to change. When hearing of their death he took it the hardest, I tried everything to bring him out of his depression, from doing everything we used to do, but all it did was push him further away. It was during our Friday night horror movie night when he finally burst, and I was his target, he started screaming at me saying that I didn’t care that our parents died, and that I was a spoiled brat that should have been the one who died.
There was more, but those were the two things that hit the hardest, and I sat there taking everything he said, after he was done and stood there staring at me I stood up and turned and left towards my room.

I became a zombie, I had routine every day, my brothers tried to snap me out of it, not knowing that it was Erik who made me this way. It got the point where I wanted to scream, so when I arrived one day at home, nobody’s home, the things my brother said started to resurface. It was a memory that I never wanted to go back to, because I don’t think I can ever forget the look on my brothers faces when they saw me half unconscious, upstairs in my room. It was one of the scariest moments of my life that I was left with scars to remind of that moment for the rest of my life.

“I’m going upstairs to do my homework” I told my brother, “Call me when dinner is done” I said leaving him.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter.

Tell Me What You Think. Comments are Appreciated.