Control

The Devil

Control

Chapter 24: The Devil

Hal's P.O.V

Summoning the Devil could end all the pointless wars between the vampires and werewolves, without the grasp on our lives we could be free to do what we wanted, live in total freedom. The only problem was that if we were not able to destroy it could mean the complete destruction of the world around us.

"Do you really think this is a good idea? Summoning the devil?" Sophie asked she had been questioning the plan all day and night, she was both angry at my dealings with Lady Catherine the night before and the danger involved in the plan. However her doubt was grinding on my last nerve, not in all the years we had been together had she questioned me this much on something I would go through with.

"I will hear no more doubt do you understand? Why question everything I do now? You haven't for the past 400 years." I replied this plan was going to work and I was going to go through with it. A way to end this bloody war and maybe end the werewolves on the side as well, this night would be marked in history.

"Is this going to work?" she asked her back turned to me, maybe now she knew either she disagreed with me and spent the rest of her immortal life alone, or she agreed to an extent and stayed by my side.

"Of course it is, its fool proof."

Sophie's P.O.V

"Lady Catherine, head of the werewolves. Emil Parsons, dead wizard." Hal introduced as he lay idly on a bench, Emil was an imbecile…when would Hal learn this hopefully before he went through with this absurd plan to summon the devil and end the wars between werewolves and vampires. It was pure madness and Hal would wind up getting everyone killed…well in the case of Emil he would simply be caught by the men with sticks and ropes and dragged down to hell.

"Necromancer. I was master of the black arts. Sorcerer supreme. Gatekeeper to the forbidden world." Emil corrected I rolled my eyes as Hal scoffed, if Hal used him in the past to help forward his stature and introduced Emil as a wizard he would always talk himself up as some extremely powerful being when all he really did was gather information and chant a few spells.

"How did you die?" Catherine asked and this was the tale that the imbecile wizard would always twist to make it sound like he was extremely important when in actual fact he was simply a pervert.

"I had to be silenced. I knew too much." He replied once again Hal scoffed and got up off of the bench he had lay down on. Well seeing too much of your sister-in-law could be classed as knowing too much…about your sister-in-law.

"He fell out of a tree trying to see into his sister-in-law's bathroom." Hal corrected raising Lady Catherine's eyebrows as Emil disappeared from one side of the room to the other.

"I cannot believe you are using him of all people." I hissed at Hal as I dragged him out of earshot of both Lady Catherine and Emil, "He's the most useless man I have ever met."

"He's the only wizard we know, unless you know someone who understands the Dark Arts and is trustworthy." Hal replied irritation visible behind his cool demeanour.

"Trustworthy? He tried to see his own sister-in-law naked; I don't think the man is extremely trustworthy." I whispered looking back at the two of them who were looking at some incredibly old book. "And speaking of people who are trustworthy…"

"Lady Catherine can be trusted." He whispered taking my hand acting as if we were sharing something private rather than discussing those who were in the room. To make sure Lady Catherine did not think that we were double crossing her.

"She tried to kill you, several times I may add." I whispered his hand found its way to my wrist where his grip tightened painfully so.

"That's in the past." He murmured glancing over at the others who were still looking at the book and talking quietly, more than likely going over the ritual to summon the damn Devil.

"She tried to the previous evening." I replied the events of the previous night of the fight between the pair waking me up in the dead of night, swords and stakes and Hal nearly dust and yet he was about to forget that and the times before and trust her in a plan that could kill us all and every living thing left on this planet.

"And that is in the past." He simply answered as if it were a mere rough and tumble with an old friend with no possibility of death of either party.

"She's only concerned about those bloody wolves." I countered why would she agree to go along with this plan other than to further the advancement of the werewolves and to gain the upper hand in the battle against us, and then where would be at the mercy of some dogs? And if that happened who would be blamed? Hal and I and then surely we would be executed and wind up as dust in the wind.

"And you don't think we're here for us, if we do this think of the amount of power we will hold over other vampires. The ones who defeated the Devil himself." He hissed anger bubbling up more than it had in a while, sure if we pulled the plan off then we would be heralded as some of the most important vampires, if not the important vampires of the entire world. But that would be only if this didn't go terribly.

"And what will they say when they hear a werewolf helped?" I questioned, Mr Snow would certainly not approve of Lady Catherine being part of the plan unless the plan all along was to eradicate the werewolves, then the plan would be ingenious and Mr Snow would be so proud of his favourite.

"They'll never find out. Now is this all? As I've said this plan is fool proof." He responded, and how did he know what would happen if the plan succeeded at all? Was he simply going to kill Lady Catherine and hand Emil over to the men with sticks and ropes afterwards? Use them and dispose of them so that no one would find out a werewolf helped a vampire do what a vampire simply could not do on his own. This would of course disgrace Hal so much he would become a laughing stock of the entire world's population of vampires.

"Fine, it may be fool proof but only a fool would think it would work."

"You think of me as a fool?" he questioned brows knitting together in anger his voice nearly audible to the rest of the room, but his control did not waver enough for it to echo around the room and startle the others.

"Not you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! Extremely sorry that I have been so slow in updating been dealing with University stuff which took so much time out of writing this. Thank you so much for all the support it means a lot. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I promise I'll update more frequently!