Control

Secrets

Control

Chapter 4: Secrets

Annie's P.O.V

It had been little over a couple of days since Hal and Sophie had become permanent…well until the day they decided to leave…members of the household. Tom was not exactly best pleased with this, he after all hated vampires in general, but he had taken a dislike to Hal quite quickly, but I'm sure over time they would eventually get along. Sophie was quite the sweetie around the house, she helped me out constantly with cleaning or simple tasks to with Eve, however even if she and Hal were members of this household Eve was the child that would eventual kill all their species and countless vampires had tried to kill her…so as of yet I did not trust them with her alone. This was reinforced with what Tom had said that Hal was going to kill her when he went slightly off the hook when Leo died, he would have a lot of making up to do. The house dynamics were close to what they had been before…well before everything was turned upside down; werewolves, vampires and ghosts living under one roof, though it wasn't the werewolf who had someone to love, it was the vampires who were together and by the sounds of it they had been together for nearly half a millennium…that's the weird thing whenever either Hal or Sophie reminisce about the older days they stop themselves from giving explicit details…what do they think will happen if they tell us about their whole life? It's not like I haven't heard all about what Mitchell did and of course all the vampires we had known or still know have their own gory paths, so why didn't this pair tell us their story? And something told me they had a big secret they were keeping from Tom and I.

Sophie's P.O.V

"Did you open it?" I asked sitting on the edge of the bed as Hal began doing his daily push-ups, he always looked great throughout the years we had been together, especially when he had no shirt on.

"Open what?" he replied mumbling numbers under his breath, I looked over at the table to the right of the bed, he'd moved it…I wonder why? Maybe he knew exactly what it was and didn't want me finding out, or maybe it simply hurt him too much to open the last thing Leo ever gave him.

"You know what I mean, the package Leo gave you." I replied he wavered slightly as I spoke his name before recovering and accelerating his pace, trying to keep control of all his emotions. I shook my head sometimes he could be too stubborn with his routine. I got up from the bed to investigate further to where he had hidden the thing, however as soon as I walked towards the dresser by the far wall Hal immediately jumped up and grabbed me around the waist stopping my attempts at getting near the darn thing.

"What are you doing?" he asked in a low voice the tone he had used countless times before that always managed to send shivers down my spine. A voice he also used to scare the living daylights out of his 'snack'. He pulled me closer resting his chin on my shoulder his nose brushed the side of my neck, images from days gone by flashed through my head, all the times we'd been like this, what had happened when he was like this…

"Why are you so interested in that thing?" he asked as he grip began to loosen until he eventually stepped away grabbing his towel that had been neatly placed on the end of the metal frame of the bed. It was then I realised that my breathing had increased; if I had been alive my heart would be pounding rapidly against my ribcage so much so I'm sure it would break them.

"I don't know…maybe it's that it was his last gift to you." I replied sitting back down on the bed as he searched for a clean shirt. Finding one he walked towards the door, more than likely going to get a shower, before he left he turned his head back towards me.

"Exactly, it was his last gift to me. No promise me you'll leave it." He stated as he walked out into the corridor. He was definitely hiding something, and it was only a matter of time until I found out. If it was something that could potentially turn him bad once more, it was better to tell me than hide it, after all we were in this together.

Hal's P.O.V

I entered the bathroom locking the door, no one was going to interrupt me anyway, but it was better to lock the door, Tom had a habit of walking in whenever anyone was in the bathroom. I placed my towel and clothes down neatly on top of the laundry basket breathing deeply, I ran a hand through my hair realising that I was actually shaking. I looked over at the mirror of course I hadn't seen my reflection in over 500 years however it was a habit I never lost. I dug a hand into my pocket grasping the crinkly paper between my fingers; I pulled it out and unravelled the piece of string I had used to keep the content a secret from Sophie's prying eyes. Leo had left me the last thing that I had ever given Sophie before we went dry, she must have entrusted it to him, a way of showing that she indeed had changed. It was a locket that held an old photograph from the 40's of the last person we sired, before he was sired of course. She couldn't find out what it was, it could make her lose it and drain the whole of Wales.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! Hope you enjoyed kind of a filler chapter really this is ^_^ Soon it will continue on with the 3rd episode! Can't wait for Sunday's episode, more Cutler and more Hal what more could you want? Cutler is really starting to grow on me, he's quite the epic character and not to mention not bad on the old eyes XD but Hal is still my favourite vampire of the series! ^_^ I think that's all I wanted to say…Oh thank you very much for all the support it means a lot! ^_^ Ciao!