Bittersweet

Jesorgie

Georgie had the urge to kick off her heels and call it a day when noon rolled around; still she had to continue working and push off her hunger just a little while longer. The day felt long and dreary as she left her phone in her office because of the constant text and calls from her former best friend Adam.

Adam.

Just thinking of his name brought a bitter taste in her mouth. Georgie pushed that stupid man’s face out of her mind as she stomped down the hall without a second glance at who was walking towards her. Blindly charging towards her office, a firm grip lay on her arm and swerved her around to meet the face of the red haired bearded man.

“Jesse?” Georgie was shocked that he was actually here. She didn’t even know he actually knew where she worked; this was her place of business and no one and she meant no one from her friends in the music industry ever visited her here. “What are you doing here?”

The look on Jesse’s face said it all, but he looked around to see people slowing down to see the interaction between the two. No one in the office has seen her interact with someone outside of the office other than clients. “I think we should talk in your office.” He muttered. Georgie understood and quickly led him to her small office, once she closed the door she turned around asking what he wanted from her.

As much as she loved having him here, Jesse would never come unannounced unless it was something important. Instantly her mind started to reel thinking of the worst. Was something hurt? Did something happen to the band? Oh God, did someone die?

Jesse can see the emotions passing through her face with each other, he cleared it up by saying, “Everyone is fine…almost everyone.”

Georgie felt relief until he added that last part, “What do you mean almost everyone? What is it? What happened? Is it Mickey? Matt? James? PJ?”

Adam was right. She is pissed.

Pursing his lips, he shoved his hands into his pockets thinking of what he should say to her that wouldn’t get her too upset that she kicked him out of her office. “You missed a person.” What the hell, he had to be blunt with Georgie. It was the only way of getting through to that thick skull of hers.

Georgie blankly said that she didn’t, but Jesse wouldn’t let it go like she predicted. She hinted that she didn’t want to talk about it; sadly her older and wiser friend didn’t take her advice. “I want to know why you are so mad at him. I understand that being missing from your life for a year is devastating, but the whole band didn’t contact you and you look happy to see me. What’s the difference there, G? You should all be shunning us if you are singling Adam out like that.”

She was pushed into a corner by Jesse in a blinded moment. There wasn’t a lot of things she can do other than point out the truth. “Adam is my overall best friend; you all know that and he was always there for me for everything and for him to just abandon me like that is unforgivable.”

Taking in what she said, Jesse scratched his chin in thought. Other than Adam, Jesse was the only one that knew about her dark past. He knew Adam’s importance in her life, but he knew a few things that Adam didn’t know. Sitting on the arm rest, he softly asked. “Did the nightmares come back?”

Georgie harshly bit her lip, glaring at the corner as if thinking of the memories of her past haunting her again. It angered her more than anything. “Yeah…they did.”

“Been taking your meds?”

“They don’t work…Adam used to work like a charm.” Georgie murmured the last part.

Frustrated hit her as she rubbed her forehead. Jesse felt sympathetic towards his best friend as he saw her battling with that she should do, but there were a few more things that he wanted to say before he left. “Go see Adam.” The glare he received was more than chilling. “It will put him at ease if you did.”

“He knows I’m alive; that is what matters right?” she snapped.

“Adam wants to see you, but you won’t let him.”

Her lips creased into a firm line, “He didn’t have a problem breaking into my house beforehand; why can’t he do it again?” Georgie was going to make no effort to see him. There was no point in having someone as unreliable as Adam in her life. He was useless. Extra baggage that she honestly did not need, she already has her own shit to deal with.

“I hope this doesn’t ruin our friendship, Jess. I still love you and hope to see you more often.”

Jesse looked at Georgie to see if she would at least change her mind in the slightest way; no such luck. “I would like that.” A smile placed on his lips as he suggested, “Say. Why don’t you come over my house on Saturday and we’ll have a barbeque like the good ol’ days?”

“Wouldn’t Adam be there?”

“Nope, just you and me. I want you all to myself.” Jesse grinned. “Hope that is alright with you?”

Georgie didn’t look too convinced as she narrowed her eyes at the suspicious tone in his voice, “Why don’t I believe you?”

He laughed at her gesture. “I promise that Adam won’t be there. He’s in Spain right now so there is no way he can be here on Saturday.” It took Jesse a few minutes to actually convince Georgie that it wasn’t a plan to get the two in a room together to figure things out. He really expressed that he wanted to be one on one without Adam since the singer always was attached to her by the hip.

“I swear I thought you two would be dating by how attached you were.”
Georgie made a sour face. “Me and Adam? Dating? What a horrific image.”

“You’re right. Horrible pairing, but you and me?” Jesse wrapped an arm around her shoulder, “Now you and me. We can rule the world together. Jesorgie style.”

“Jesorgie? Is that the best you can come up with?” A giggle left her lips at the odd mix of their names.

“Fine, if you want to be selfish then we can be Geosse.”

Georgie mumbled the name under her breath as if thinking it through. “Geosse, I kind of like it.” Jesse rolled his eyes knowing she would since her name was first. “That’s not it at all. With my name behind yours, it sounds like some kind of orgasm.”

“Now that you pointed it out…kind of does. So if I ever rocked your world I can say that you have been Jesorgied?” Jesse said in a teasing tone. Georgie laughed at the term as she loosened up and had Adam in the back of her mind.

“That is if you ever rocked my world.” Georgie smirked.

Was she flirting?

She didn’t know what she was doing, but whatever she was doing she found it natural as she continued to joke around with Jesse. He has been a dear friend to her almost as long as Adam so she should feel at ease with him regardless, right? The sex jokes always circulated around their group and the boys would always tease her about being the orgy in the group.

Georgie never minded, but she found herself smiling more than usual as she heard herself asking, “Why to head out to lunch with me?”

It was random and out of the blue, Jesse quickly agreed as he opened the door for her. “After you.” Stepping out of the office, she thanked him, walking side by side with him as the rest of her coworkers wondered who this man was. Georgie was strangely happy after the visit with the man instead of her cold exterior that she displayed around work.

A smile on Georgie’s face was rare and that was usually was when she was on the phone or with a client trying to be friendly. This was completely different because Georgie never went out to lunch, she always packed her lunch and brought it to work with her. Even today, her lunch was neatly sitting in the fridge, forgotten as Georgie caught up with her friend that she hasn’t seen all year and for the first time in a long time she felt happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but thought I should focus on this part. I never expected Jesse to be a huge impact on this chapter, but it just wrote on it's own in a way haha What are ya'll thinking? Thanks for the comments:

JustThinking

missann10

foreversmiling2198

Synful Shadows

Momo_92

Mpa123

ninaclare