Bittersweet

No Turning Back

Georgie felt the butterflies in her stomach start to flutter crazily as she knocked on the door that belonged to Jesse. He promised that it would be just him and her, but deep down she had a feeling that this was just a set up so she can reconcile with Adam.

She knew what type of guy Jesse was and he hated conflict or lingering conflict. Georgie found it slightly annoying that he had to butt into their battle when obviously she was doing just fine without the obnoxious singer in her life. He was too busy burying himself into hundreds of women instead keeping in touch with her. Georgie didn’t hold a grudge, how could she when she knew what kind of guy he was?

Did any sense the sarcasm?

Her bitter thoughts were interrupted when Jesse finally opened the door with a sparkling smile. “Georgie! Glad to see that you finally made it in peace. Come in!”

Her dark eyes darted around the room watching if Adam was going to pop randomly by her side like he usually did. Even though they had tension between them she knew that he would try to pass it off as if nothing has happened. That was one thing that irritated her about Adam and she loathed it.

She heard Jesse chuckle, “If you’re looking for Adam he isn’t here. Have a look around if you don’t believe me.”

“Do you think I do after all the shit you pulled over at throughout the years?” Georgie raised a brow at the snickering man.

“Nah. I don’t blame you.” Jesse grinned from ear to ear.

The young woman rolled her eyes as she roamed through his home to find that he was correct. Adam was nowhere in sight. Georgie sat on the longue chair outside as she watched Jesse place the ribs on the grill. She found it odd that she was the only one here and the amount of food that he prepared or bought was only enough for two.

“Isn’t anyone else coming over?”

Jesse turned his head through the cloud of smoke with a smirk, “Didn’t I tell you that I wanted to have you all to myself?”

“That you did.” She mumbled.

Her nails clawed at the glass that she was holding, slowly dragging it across the body before looking up at the beautiful backyard. She wanted to feel comfortable around Jesse, but now knowing that he truly did want her all to himself it somehow made it weird. Shifting in her seat, she took another sip of her drink before setting it down again.

“So how have you been? You look like hell by the way.” Jesse sliced the silence with his teasing, the glimmer in his eyes made her feel slightly better as it disrupted the thoughts in her head.

“Thanks asshole. You know how my work is, cases flying up my ass and no route to get back down without falling on my ass. It’s exhausting.” Georgie couldn’t complain too much. She loved her job even though it made her want to spilt her head most of the time with the idiotic people that denied the accusations that were pressed upon them.

Jesse could see the thoughts swirling in her head as he flipped the meat; it sizzled with a low hiss. He stepped back from the smoke that twisted in the air. “I’m guessing you piled up more cases to avoid your own problems. To avoid thinking about a certain person?”

He needed to get out of her head. Georgie frowned as she dabbled with her drink. “I don’t want to talk about it, Jess.” She really didn’t want Jesse to corner her and ram her with thoughts and doubts of her being unrealistic and to grow up. Georgie didn’t want to grow up. She wanted to stay mad at Adam even though it hurt to be away from him for this long.

His absence has put a huge damper on her life. The woman knew it wasn’t just him, but the way things were handled from the start. There was no doubt in her mind she could live without him, but the anger bubbling inside of her will eat her alive within a couple of years.

“Georgie.” He mumbled; he placed a hand on her shoulder as she glanced up at him with some kind of hope. Some kind of wonder that Jesse wanted to fix things between them; she could easily start depending on Jesse in being her best friend. Other than Adam, Jesse had the longest friendship with her out of all the boys.

“You really need to…think things through. Can you really push Adam out of your life like that?”

“Yes.” Georgie responded without thinking. Jesse gave her a disapproving looking. She rolled her eyes as she lolled her head back against the headrest. “I can if I put my mind to it.”

“That’s the thing George. You have to put your mind to it. If you didn’t want him in your life, it would be effortless to toss your friendship away, but it’s not. You care about him, G. He’s not like him.” Jesse knelt in front of her, his large hands cupped her flushed cheeks as his eyes bored into hers with strong reassurance. “He’s nothing like him. I’m nothing like him or the rest of the boys.”

Georgie closed her eyes for a moment before a slow seething hiss left her lips, “I know Adam is nothing like him. Hell will have to freeze over before Adam turns into him.

The soft wind whistled in Georgie’s ears as she felt Jesse take the seat beside her and pulled her closer to him. Pressing her nose into his chest, she felt a sense of comfort as he rubbed her back in a soothing motion. She was grateful that she had Jesse in her life, but there was a small part of her that wished Adam was holding her instead.

That son of a bitch’s fingers were magic on her skin. His rough finger tips grazing over her soft flesh had a soothing effect over all. Georgie once again closed her eyes as she imagined Adam giving her that soft touch that she craved for so long. In the longest time she was aware that she was looking for someone to give her that sense of security, comfort, and love.

Georgie has affiliated herself with a lot of assholes during her time on this planet, but this time it was different. She didn’t want to take her frustrations out on her best friend. She didn’t want to feel the anger, guilt and shame every time she woke up in the morning. Georgie wanted that security that every woman wanted and maybe that was that small part of her that lunged forward that fogged her sense of judgment.

She didn’t know what she was doing, but once her lips touched Jesse’s her mind couldn’t think straight. It refused to think straight. Her mind wanted to live in that high to cloud her judgment for a little bit longer. She smirked when he kissed back and before she knew it, her back was pressed against the kitchen wall and clothes slowly started to peel off.

There was no turning back now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Where's Adam. He will come soon I promise. Like the next or so 'kind of soon.' So don't worry. Things are heating up, yeah? Or just a little bit. Thanks for hanging in there you guys, I know it's been rough since I come and go with this story, but I am really trying to update whenever possible and when I feel up to it. Thanks for you patience.