Bittersweet

Try

“No”

That was the first word that came out of her mouth as she looked at her best friend who had pleading eyes. She was firm with her decision as the hazel eyes were boring into her own, “Why not?” the question of the day just kept probing his mind.

Georgie huffed as she crossed her arms, “Because I just don’t want to”

She was being difficult about this as she sat on the opposite side of the table with glaring eyes. Adam frowned seeing that his friend wasn’t going to budge on her answer, fidgeting on his seat he then tried to compromise “Just for a few hours. Anne really wants to hang out with you and I told her I would run it by you”

“And I told you that I don’t give a damn. Why is she so hell bent on hanging out with me? I’m no fun”

The tall man rolled his eyes, “You aren’t because you are acting like a bitch most of the time. Give her a chance, G”

Why is he so hell bent on getting me to hang out with her? He never did this with any girl before. That thought bugged her that Anne was someone different, she was changing him after all this time Georgie knew her best friend. Adam was still the kind man that she always knew but he was now more persistent with his decisions.

He wouldn’t push this much about having his girlfriend hanging out with her. Adam would be too focused on hanging out with his girlfriend to even want Georgie to hang out with her. Georgie contemplated on what was so different about her and when she got a few ideas in her head she fired away.

“Is she holding out on you?”

“What?” Adam wasn’t expecting this assumption as his hazel eyes held curiosity.

“Is she withholding sex so she can get what she wants? What’s her game?” Georgie knew that every single woman had their incentive of doing things like this. Usually the girlfriends would try to find some type of soft spot in their boyfriend and use it against them

For Adam, it was Georgie.

It was a smart move on the tall blond’s part; none of Adam’s exes actually thought of going after her to win over Adam. When Georgie expressed how she felt, the short woman thought he was going to explode or give her some lecture about being pessimistic was going to get her nowhere in life. Instead he just laughed at her.

“This isn’t funny” she grumbled.

Adam continued on laughing as she growled as her brows drew close in frustration, the man got up from his seat and walked around the table towards his stubborn friend. Sitting next to her he wrapped a hand around her, “I just think it’s so funny how you are trying so hard to find some sort of evilness in Anne. She is honestly just a very nice girl. She’s different, G.”

“Everyone has some sort of evilness in them. Just haven’t found hers yet”

He shook his head, “I understand you want to protect me but you can only do so much since you can only protect me up to my hips squirt”

Georgie glared at him as she smacked him for making fun of her stature again, muttering he was an asshole he leaned in and pressed his thin lips on the crown of her head. “Anne is just a good girl” he was trying to make her see that not every single woman is after his money, fame, or just using him for their good entertainment. There are some women out there that genuinely love or like Adam and showing that to Georgie is going to be difficult.

“G”

The young woman pursed her lips as she came up with a pathetic excuse, “I can’t leave Kiwi unattended. She’s afraid of being alone”

“Are you really standing on that excuse? I will stay here with Kiwi” he offered. Georgie knew it was useless to fight with Adam about something like this. One way or another his beautiful smile and wonderful eyes were going to get to her like they usually do. Two things that Georgie envied about Adam were his eyes and smile.

No matter how much he changed on the outside, his smile and eyes always stayed the same. It was some sort of comfort to see those traits staying the same. Adam wiggled his brows, “So?” she bit her lip knowing she was going to regret her decision.

Fine

Adam was content as he pecked her cheek as he took out his phone and told his girlfriend the good news. As he did that she looked at the natural smile that played on his lips as he conversed with his girlfriend. It has been a long time since she has ever seen him this happy. Nothing was forced. Adam actually just looked content with himself.

He deserves the best and only the best.

Clasping her hands together she leaned on her wooden chair taking it all in that in a matter of days or maybe minutes she would be walking out that door meeting up with that blond hair, green eyed beauty that made her feel less than average. Georgie hated feeling self-conscious and comparing herself with the model was more than unfair.

They were two different people. There was nothing to compare.

Georgie lay on her bed as she breathed in the scent of clean sheets, she just loved how it smelled and it somehow relaxed her. The warmth filled her body as the smile curled on her lips she rolled over letting her back have some of the warmth that touched her body.

“Are you sniffing your sheets again?” his words interrupted her thought process making her frown as she closed her eyes.

“Leave me alone” there was only the patter of his footsteps coming close to her before there was weight being shifted on one side of the bed. His entire weight plunge the corner she was on which made her body gravitate towards him. Rolling towards him until she bumped into his side she opened her brown eyes with an annoyed expression.

“You are one weird woman”

“Says the one that tired on one of my bras and stuffing the cups with Kleenex prancing around like the idiot you are”

Adam chuckled as he brushed back some of her hair from her face, “I only did that make you smile and you know I looked good in your bra” Georgie rolled her eyes as a smirk crept on her lips. That day did make her smile, she was having a bad day and Adam somehow turned everything around for her.

He always knew how to make her feel better and that’s what she loved about Adam; he could be a good distraction when he wanted to. “So when am I meeting with Barbie?”

The hazel eyed man gave her a look as Georgie just played with the hem of his shirt waiting for him to tell her when she was going to walk the plank. “Tomorrow afternoon. Anne has a photo-shoot that is lasting all morning. I gave her your number so you can sort out the details”

Georgie immediately perked up, sitting up with wide eyes her face told him everything as it settled with a heated look. “Don’t Georgie” Adam warned her. They both knew she was pissed about him giving her, her cell information. It was completely out of line giving Anne her number because if she was as nice as she was to her the other night then she knew that Anne would not hesitate to text her whenever like they were best friends.

“Great” she grumbled.

Plopping down on her bed she sighed blocking her eyes from the light above her with her arms; this wasn’t how she wanted her day to end. Georgie was now going to expect a friendly text from the blond sometime soon asking what she wanted to do or if they meet up at her shoot or something. She knew the routine.

When the girlfriend had to spend time with Georgie they tried to make her drive to them so she would not expect any less from Anne. There was a murmur above her that she didn’t quite her and when she asked him to repeat himself she was offended when he said, “You are acting like your mother right now”

“I act nothing like my mother” she spat.

“Really?” Adam challenged “The way you are pouting and grumbling being dramatic and acting like it’s the end of the world when you don’t get your way? Yeah, you don’t act anything like your mother”

The more she thought about it the more he was right. Georgie cursed at her genes knowing that she was throwing a fit just like her mother would when she was forced to do something. Despite Elle being dramatic in the most annoying way most of the time at least she didn’t guilt trip the person into doing things. She wasn’t that evil.

The Reed blood surely ran through her and it certainly ran through Tess. Georgie was jealous that Emerson the oldest got all of her Cortez personality from her father, she didn’t pout or was melodramatic about anything. She just took everything by stride and was the great person their father was.

Georgie wished she was more like her father. Trying to overpower the Reed side with the Cortez bloodline she breathed in and out before stretching her arms out. “Alright. I’ll be nice” Adam smiled knowing that he got to her, she hated being compared to her mother and it was mean for him to do that but it was the only way to get through her.

“Thank you G.” he climbed on top of her making her groan at the sudden weight that was on her.

“Get off! You aren’t as light as you think you are, fat ass” attempting to push him off of her. Adam sat where he was as he thought over what she just said before shaking his head, “No”

“Why not?”

Adam smirked as he triumphantly mimicked her, “Because I don’t want to

“Asshole” she mumbled before she screeched feeling his hands tickle her sides. Her laughter echo all around the house as the frown faded from her lips and only joy filled her heart and soul. This was what she loved about Adam and hopefully none of these changes any time soon. Georgie wasn’t looking forward to meeting up with the blond tomorrow, she was dreading it but she wasn’t going to tell Adam that.

No way in hell.

Just fake it
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you SynZacky6661 for the comment, I hope you like this one with a little more Georgie and Adam time. I know most of you are thinking that Georgie has feelings for Adam and I am here to tell you that she doesn't feel that way about him, not yet anyways. This is just how she is with Adam because of is past and she only wants the best for him. Just wanted to clear the air since a lot of you asked me the same question or commented how Georgie was so blind about her feelings for Adam.

It would be great to hear from all of you again :)