Bittersweet

Doubts

Adam was bumming around in his house when he heard the front door opening, his hazel orbs glancing back toward the leggy blonde that walked through the door with a few bags clasped in her tiny hands. He automatically got up from his seat and took the bags from her, pecking her lips gently as he asked her, “How was lunch with Georgie…be honest.”

He wanted to know every single detail of whatever rude comment that Georgie probably made to his girlfriend, the short brunette woman always had something bitchy to say and today would be a great day seeing that Anne was open for the kill with no one to save her. As his eyes raked over his girlfriend’s face for any battle scars, Anne smiled at the overprotectiveness of her boyfriend as she cupped his stubble cheek. “Adam,” the smile grew wider as her green eyes stared into his hazel ones, “Everything went perfectly fine.”

Not for one second Adam believe what she just said. There was no way that Georgie was civil towards Anne, it would take more than one warning from him to get her to behave. Narrowing his eyes in an unconvincing manner he questioned, “Did she threatened you to say that to me? Because if she did, then just say the word and I’ll talk to her-” his voice was muffled by Anne’s lips.

The blond knew exactly how to work Adam as she separated her lips from his, “We had a nice simple chat. That was it. No more, no less. Now are you still going to keep trying to talk or help me out of these clothes?”

Adam’s lips turned into a full grin as he picked up his girlfriend and bounded up the stairs without a second thought. Georgie can wait. He just couldn’t deny what his girlfriend was offering at the moment.

~~.~~

Georgie sang loudly as she danced around her house in nothing but a huge shirt that went down to her knees, she felt lighter than air to have the house to herself with no interruptions or run ins with her best friend. She knew that Adam was going to give her a hard time when he did arrive at her house, whenever that was.

He was going to lecture her on being rude to his girlfriend ignoring the fact that he was dating her and she deserved respect. Anne didn’t really get any respect from her except the backbone that she displayed when they were out for lunch. Other than that, she still doesn’t trust the leggy blond, not one bit.

Enough of that though, Georgie was focused on the new Pink song, Blow Me (One Last Kiss). The song title itself made her grin at the irony and spunky title. Hearing Kiwi catching the tune within minutes, she heard the green bird whistling along as she spun around in her kitchen before her hand grabbed the handle to the fridge and opened it up to get her snack.

Taking out a baggie of carrot sticks and sugar snap peas, her other hand grabbed the ranch dressing from the fridge door. Twisting the cap open, she poured some of the contents into the baggie filling it with the white substance to the point where she couldn’t see the vegetables. At the moment, she didn’t give a damn about calories, to be honest, she never did. It was one of her favorite things about her, whatever she ate went right through her.

Putting the bottle of ranch back in the fridge and grabbing a bottle of Lipton Ice Tea, she danced her way to the living room and plopped herself down on the cushioned couch. With a wide grin, she turned off the stereo system that was built all around her house with a single button from the remote control.

Turning on the television, she flipped through the channels before settling on the movie, Alexander. Snuggling in her large white tee, she dipped her hand into the ranch filled baggie and popped a few veggies into her mouth. Whoever invented ranch was a fucking genius! Georgie’s ultimate comfort food was fatty substances and ranch was one of them. Licking her rosy lips, her eyes were fixated at the screen in front of her as she was glued to the couch.

Alexander the Great has always been one of her favorites and it has been a while since she has seen the movie. Even if the movie wasn’t the best work, staring at Colin Farrell’s beautiful face and body compensated for what lacked in general information about the conqueror.

As she continued to watch the movie, she didn’t notice Adam walking through the door as he twirled his own set of keys to her house in on his finger. He glanced at the television before looking at his best friend’s hand dipped in a white substance, probably ranch, as she gawked at Colin’s character. “You still watch this crappy movie?”

Georgie screamed as her baggie flew into the air as she panicked. Her eyes widened before they landed on Adam as relief washed over her, then anger. The scowl on her face appeared as she grumbled, “Don’t you ever fucking knock?”

Adam chuckled as he sat down next to her as she continued to glare at him, “Nah. I rather just spook you; it’s always hilarious to do.”

The brunette woman continued to glare before she found her baggie on the floor with ranch splattered on the carpet underneath the coffee table that was sitting in the middle of her living room. “Son of a bitch.” She mumbled before getting up to grab a napkin to clean the mess. Aggravation boiled inside of her as she stomped into the kitchen to grab a paper towel and coming back to cleaning up the mess with two wipes.

“Are you really mad because I scared you or because I interrupted your masturbation time with Colin?”

Georgie flushed at the suggestion as she muttered, “Fuck off.” What can she say, she was a lonely girl and no man at the moment would rush to tend to her needs. The more she thought about it, she realized she needed to get laid if she had to watch action flicks in order to help get her off. She was more pathetic than she realized.

The chuckle suggestion otherwise as the grin grew on his face, “So I did interrupt.” He wiggled his brows, “That is pretty sexy.”

She scoffed as she scooped up the last bit of ranch as she settled the baggie on the couch, cleaned from the mess she created. “What do you want Adam? I know you aren’t here just to be friendly to me and see how I was doing.”

Adam couldn’t have avoid it long as the grin was replaced with a slight frown on his face, “Anne told me what happened the other day and-”

“You don’t believe her.” Georgie finished for him, “I know you don’t, but I can reassure you that I didn’t bite her head off…too much.” Her brown eyes settled on the unnerving ones of Adam as she sighed, “Anne confessed she was aware of how I felt about her and we share our opinions about one another, clear the air, sort of speak, on my end mostly. She even took me out shopping.”

Which explains the huge relieving smile when Anne walked through the door, Adam thought.

He thought that maybe shopping relieved some of the stress that Georgie pressed upon her when it was the exact opposite. It wasn’t known to him that he was smirking until Georgie flat out told him to stop before he got more wrinkles on his face. Flattening his smirk, Georgie added, “Doesn’t mean I still don’t trust her because I don’t. She needs to work hard on that.”

“That’s fine with me, G.”

Adam was just happy that Georgie was finding some middle ground with Anne and everything will be civil again. He didn’t want to have to deal with an overbearing best friend that wanted to claw his girlfriend’s eyes out for doing nothing. He was never good at choosing the right woman for himself and having Georgie reassured him if he was doing the right thing or not. So to see Georgie being hung up on Anne was giving him a little doubt.

She shouldn’t have. Georgie doesn’t know the relationship between him and Anne. This was completely different from any other relationship he had and for the longest time, it was the healthiest. He didn’t know that being in such a healthy relationship felt so amazing. He surely missed out on a lot dating countless drama queens that only thought about themselves.

Adam finally found himself a good one. He just hoped that he didn’t fuck it up…or Georgie.

Hopefully, Anne was strong enough to brush past the brashness of his best friend as she decided to clash against Anne for the most part. Watching Georgie cross her legs again, she picked up her baggie and continued to munch on her snack as she pressed play to continue the movie. From where it left off, it looked like it was just about to finish so he stuck around a bit longer as his mind wandered off.

Georgie pursed her lips as the end credits rolled slowly on the screen, the soft music played in the background as her eyes flickered over to her friend. “You want something to eat? I can order in?” she offered kindly.

Throughout the remainder of the movie, not once as Adam said a word to her, whenever she tried to watch a movie and become invested in it, Adam would always have some way to chat with her, blocking her view from the television screen or taking her snack away. Whatever it was, it was playful and he would get that glint in his eye. This time, he was quiet and all to himself.

It was a little more than weird as Adam softly nodded before he ruffled her hair lightly, “Don’t worry about it…I’ll call.”

Georgie furrowed her brows if there was some other meaning to what he just said. She silently sat in her seat as she pondered what was really going on with Adam that has made him so conflicted. Whatever it was, she hoped that he open up to her soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter than what I would have usually write, but this will do. Sorry for the long wait and hope you like this one. :) Wanted to update before I go to Vegas on Thursday.

Thanks for the comments

Synful Shadows (Everything will be revealed. I can't say anything or I might give you hints on what does happen within the story. Anne and Eric are major parts of the story, that's all I can say.)

MaryJane_2013 (Georgie is doing what she thinks is best for Adam and acting like a total bitch to Anne is always part of her plan. If the girlfriend can't handle a bit of heat then Georgie will make sure that the girl will never see Adam again. In some cases, Georgie acts like the older one between her and Adam.)

fiction; (Thanks)