Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Ten

"Huh?" My eyebrows came together as I stared at him in confusion.
"Didn't you ask me that before?"

He stared at me for a moment, then, with a small smile on his face answered me.
"I didn't ask that, Ver. But I'm guessing you probably had a vision just a moment ago. Your eyes glazed over slightly for a moment or two."

"Oh..." I breathed out quietly, my face becoming red as I bit my bottom lip in embarassment.
"I-I'm sorry."

"It's fine. You don't need to apologize. It's not your fault that you keep getting these visions. Have you told your parents about this? I've heard of visions being somewhat hereditary in certain... families."

"Umm... Well... I can't really speak to my parents. I live with my aunt and uncle, but they're always gone a lot for work. Both of my parents passed away a little after I was born, so I never actually knew them." I spoke quietly, showing some respect for the family I never knew.

"Oh..." He was quiet for a few moments before speaking again.

"I'm very sorry, Ver. I didn't mean to bring up such a sensitive subject." He spoke in a very sincere voice, making me feel pity for him, rather than myself.

"No, it's fine. I've never really wondered about how they acted or what they did anyways. They've always been a mystery that I just left unsolved for some reason." I shrugged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a few minutes, Mr. Reed and I remained in silence until his cell phone rang, causing him to tell me that I could go.

Once I got home, I settled myself in my room, finished my homework, and then set out to find either my aunt or my uncle.

As I came down the steps from my bedroom, the whole house seemed to be quiet, so I quickly made my way to my uncle's office.

I opened the door quietly, then peeked my head in to see my uncle, Don, sitting in his chair and reading a book.

"Hey Short Stuff, what's up?" He asked as he motioned to the chair nearest his.

I quickly sat in the chair, making myself comfortable before speaking my mind.

"Can you tell me about my parents?"

The reaction I received was a lot less surprised than I expected. He simply smiled at me, then chuckled to himself, before he closed the book and fully turned himself towards me.

"I had a feeling you would ask that someday. But, what exactly do you want to know?" He questioned.

"Well... I know that this may sound weird... but lately, there's been some strange stuff going on with me, and I just have a feeling that it might have to do with my birth parents."

"Really now?" He chuckled slightly. "You're like your mother, aren't you? Do you see different things in your head when you're around certain people?" He asked, causing me to stare at him with my mouth wide open.

"I only get them around... uh... this guy. And they're always about him." I spoke in awe at my uncle.

He laughed heartily this time, shaking his head.
"Oh, Ver. I wish I could tell you everything, but this is usually very different for everyone. Our family is definitely not normal, if you haven't figured that out. The only thing that I can tell you right now, is just let things run their course. Don't worry about the things you see in your head, they'll make sense in due time."

"Due time? But why can't you tell me now?" I questioned, getting impatient.

"You'll know when you're ready. The answers you're looking for will come to you at the right time."

"But when is 'the right time'?" I asked, feeling cheated in a way.

He simply answered with:
"When your heart no longer holds any questions."

Man, I hate riddles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter update...
Sorry, but next chapter should be longer and have some more good stuff. :)
What do you think is so "different" about Ver's family?
Does it have anything to do with Mr. Reed?
Any guesses on how long it will take Ver to know everything?
LET ME KNOW IN A COMMENT!!
THANKS A LOT FOR READING!!
I LOVE YOU COMMENTERS!!! ONCE AGAIN, YOU ROCK MY SOCKS! :D