Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Twelve

The only thing I could hear was the sound of my own feet hitting pavement at a surprisingly fast speed, the ridiculously loud pounding of my heart ringing in my ears, and the sound of my harsh attempts at getting the necessary oxygen into my lungs.

My feet carried me swiftly down a dark and abandoned city street as I was now aware that someone was chasing after me. Their heavy footsteps were nearing my own, causing me to use whatever energy my body harnessed to propel myself farther ahead.

At a last minute decision, I decided to take a sharp right to try and shake my unidentified chaser.

I took the chance and glanced back, seeing that it was a rather well built man wearing dark clothing.

My will to get away increased as I began turning in many random directions throughout the many streets, trying to desperately escape this mysterious and frightening man.

As I neared the end of a street, a swift pull on my shirt caused me to fall into the arms of someone who was standing in a conveniently placed alley. One of their arms snaked around my waist and the other over my mouth, shushing quietly in my ear.

After a moment of shock and fright, my body relaxed as I realized that a stranger was not holding me.

The man who had been chasing after me ran past us in a sprint, which resulted in a sigh of relief to escape my lips.

A moment or two passed and I was released, allowing me to turn and face my English teacher. A flood of emotions rushed through me then, causing my eyes to fill with tears along with my body shivering with the shock of the previous events I had just experienced.

I let in a few shaky breaths as my watery eyes looked up at Mr. Reed's somber face.
"I... I thought... I was gonna d... die." I somehow choked out as the tears streamed out of my eyes.

His response was to open up his arms, which I instantly entered. He pulled me into his chest and ran his fingers through my hair, which comforted me quite a deal, but my incessant crying continued for an unknown amount of time until my eyes felt as if they were incapable of producing anymore liquid.

"It's okay now, Ver. He's gone. Try to calm down." He whispered into my ear in a heavenly voice.

My eyes instinctively closed, but a strange voice was lingering in my mind. I tried to ignore it, but the intensity of it grew and grew until I could hear the voice perfectly clear, as if they were right next to me.

"Hiding won't help you, Ver. I always know where you are. No matter how far away, I will find you. I will not let you escape. You are much too important to my heir for you to get away. The Regla clan will carry on. I will not rest until you are resting in the arms of my heir." The voice caused the hair on my arms and the back of my neck to stand up.

My eyes widened as I looked up at Mr. Reed.

"Wh... What? Wha-" My stuttering was interrupted.

"Just relax. Remember what I told you. You'll always be safe with me." I didn't even question his words. His reassurance was enough, because I felt amazingly calm and safe after he had spoken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The smell of clean laundry and intoxicating cologne awoke me from my vision. I sat up quickly, noticing that I was not at school, nor was I at home.

I was seated upon a bed that looked to be a queen size, that was covered in blue sheets and blankets of different shades. Across from the bed was a white dresser, and next to that was a door with a small sign that said "Bathroom" on it.

A nightstand was conveniently placed to the right of the bed, along with a lamp and a book. My curiosity got the better of me, so my hand quickly snatched up the book and opened it to the title page which read The Thread That Runs So True by Jesse Stuart. I smiled slightly, recognizing the book as one of the best books I've ever read.

I set the book back on the nightstand, seeing that the walls of the room were covered in a sort of wallpaper that created stripes of various shades of blue along with a few stripes of chocolate brown, which actually looked quite well together.

One wall of the room was covered with a large bookcase filled with too many books to count, while the other only held a mirror and a door, which I guessed to be the exit.

I sighed before placing my feet on the cold floor, and shuffling across the room to quietly open the door and step out. The sounds of pots and pans, a radio, and a rich, heavenly singing voice floated down the hall as I neared the kitchen.

A dining room was the first thing I saw as I emerged from the hallway. Next to the dining room was an open kitchen, which held Mr. Reed, wearing an apron might I add, and swaying his hips to the music as he focused on something on the stove.

When my bare feet hit the hardwood flooring of the connected dining room, the floor creaked slightly, which alerted Mr. Reed, who looked to be flipping pancakes.

He turned around and smiled, then said a pleasant "Good Morning Sleepyhead" before he turned his attention back to the pancakes on the pan in front of him, leaving me to standing in the middle of his dining room with a confused look on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update!!!
Man.... It's been a while since I've updated...
I was planning on the weekend... but I got busy...
I'm SUPER sorry!!
What did you think?
Who was the person who was chasing Ver?
Did you catch the reason why he was chasing her?
What do you think his "heir" wants with her?
What happened to Ver when she had her vision?
Did Mr. Reed take her to his house for a certain reason?
What do you want to happen? I would love to hear what you guys want to happen in this story. It's always helpful when people give me their ideas or opinions....
So... COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW!!
THANK YOU ALL FOR READING!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!