Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Thirteen

"Umm... Good morning..." I mumbled as I chewed on the inside of my cheek and looked around the fairly boring dining room.

"You can take a seat at the table if you'd like, breakfast will be ready in a minute or two." He spoke in a happy tone, making me think that he may be a morning person.

I hate mornings... Especially when I wake up in a strange place, or when I don't wake up in my own bed.

I took a seat at the table and picked at my nails for a minute or so before I gained the courage to speak to him.

"Uhh... What happened? I mean... Why am I in your house?" I asked quietly as he set down a plate of pancakes in front of me, some silverware, and a bottle of maple syrup.

He sat across from me with a plate of his own, already drenched with syrup. He spoke with a slight air of amusement when he answered my question.

"I guess you're probably wondering why I brought you here instead of your own home, or even to the hospital after you.... fainted." He paused, not really knowing what word to use for the time I had been having a vision.

"At first, I thought I would just bring you home and explain what happened to your family, but when I got to your house, I found a note from your aunt and uncle saying that they had to leave suddenly for a business trip that will last around a week or two." He looked a little sheepish as he spoke the next sentence or two.

"So, I couldn't just leave you there by yourself, and I don't think you would have reacted very well if you found me in your living room when you woke up. The only thing that sounded somewhat reasonable to me was to bring you to my home and make sure that you were all right when you woke up," His eyes scanned me quickly. "but you look perfectly fine to me. Do you feel okay? Is there anything wrong? Feeling dizzy?" He questioned me with total sincerity.

Other than finding out that my teacher basically kidnapped me and brought me to his house, and that teacher just so happens to be unbelievably gorgeous and apparently flirtatious...
I'm just peachy. Best day of my life, obviously.

Man, I love sarcasm...


"I'm fine, really. I feel perfectly normal." I said, ignoring what I actually wanted to say.

He chuckled for a moment after I had spoken, making me raise my eyebrows at him. He continued lightly laughing and my suspiscion only grew.

"What's so funny?" My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, wondering what I could have said or done that would have made him laugh so much.

As soon as the question left my mouth, he stopped laughing instantly and he looked at me with a straight face that faultered slightly, revealing a small smile.
"Nothing. Nothing at all." He spoke quickly, still trying to hide his quickly growing smile.

"You're not fooling me, if there wasn't anything funny, then you wouldn't be having trouble not laughing and smiling as much as you are. Now tell me." I spoke sternly, making me feel somewhat strange considering that I was demanding something from a teacher, when usually it's the other way around.

"You... wouldn't understand." He sighed, shaking his head and glancing at me with a look of pity.

"I'm a lot more mature than you probably think I am, I think I'll understand." I said, trying to convince him to tell me.

"Fine..." He sighed, then ran his hands over his face before clasping his hands together and placing them on the table in front of him. His face was erased of all amusement and happiness from before, it was as straight as a statue.

"I have this... thing, I've had it since I was... oh, I don't know, probably 12 or 13." He started out, glancing at me and then staring at his hands that were placed in front of him.

"At first, I thought that I was just going crazy or going through a phase or something. Well... basically... I kept hearing bits and pieces of different voices inside my head, but they weren't loud or even really coherent. It was almost as if a lot of people were whispering gibberish in my ears at different times during the day." My jaw dropped at this statement.

Maybe I'm not as weird as I thought...

"When I was 16 or so, I was used to all of the voices, but I realized that I could focus intently on a certain voice, and it was almost as if they were talking right next to me. That was when I truly accepted my gift. My gift allows me to listen to other people's thoughts."

That sure explains a lot...

"As I got older, it became easier and easier for me to hear thoughts, and sometimes I just automatically hook into another person's mind without thinking about it. That's one of the main reasons I became a teacher, so I don't have to work one on one with someone on a daily basis. I just have a fear that they would find out and think I was psychotic or send me off to some government facility and I would get tested on or some science fiction cliche like that."

For a minute or two, we both sat in compete silence as I tried to force my brain to soak up all the information he had just given to me.

"I really hope that you don't tell anyone about this, because I figured that you, out of all people would understand, considering that you have these visions all of the time." He looked up at me with a pleading look in his eyes, that made it impossible for me to even think about telling anyone about it...

Well... Maybe Missy...

He finished talking and I sat there dumbstruck for a couple minutes, just thinking.

Oh. My. God.

Is this what my uncle was talking about?

"Just let things run their course."

"Our family isn't normal..."

"The answers you're looking for will come to you at the right time."

"When your heart no longer holds any questions."

I have a feeling that this isn't the right time...

My heart still needs an answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Re-updated and edited
So... haha.
What did you think???
Huh??
Did you guess that Mr. Reed had psychic powers before this?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! THANKS FOR READING!!!