Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Fourteen

After we had gotten through the other relatively quiet half of our breakfast, Mr. Reed insisted that we move ourselves to the living room to continue our discussion.

I made myself comfortable on my side of the couch by sitting cross-legged facing Mr. Reed, who was seated on the opposite side of the couch in a rather uncomfortable looking position.

"Ya know, you can relax around me. We aren't at school, so you don't have to worry about someone seeing how you act or anything..." I spoke quietly, motioning to his position.

He chuckled nervously and smiled lightly before sitting cross-legged like me.
"Thank you, I'm not really used to seeing students outside of the classroom, so I'm not exactly sure how to act sometimes." His voice came out in a nervous tone, making me smile a little.

"It's okay." I nodded and smiled gently to comfort him a little more.
"So... uh... Did I tell you about the last vision I had? When I passed out after school?" He shook his head, silently urging me to go on.

"Well... It was a lot different than my other visions." I found myself speaking quieter than normal and rubbing my arm in a nervous action. My eyes involuntarily looked up in a desperate attempt to remember everything, as I tried to search for the right words to use.

"I was in a city that I had never seen before, and I was running, but I was running incredibly fast... and I'm not a fast runner. The street I was running down was completely bare, and then I realized that someone was chasing me. I turned down so many streets and took so many turns to get away, but they always knew where I went. But as I was nearing the end of yet another street, I was pulled into an alley. The man who had been chasing me ran by and I turned around to see that... you helped me. I got so emotional that I started shaking and crying... and I was so scared... But you just took me in your arms and shushed me. Then... something strange happened... I heard..." I found myself getting slightly choked up as I relived the vision over again in my head. But Mr. Reed reached over and grabbed my hand, soothingly rubbing his thumb in little circles on my palm.

"It's okay... You don't need to finish. I know what happened, Ver." Then, his eyes flashed with recognition, with which confusion washed over my face quickly.

"What do you mean? Are you reading my mind again?" I asked, hoping that he wasn't invading my thoughts.

"No... I'm not reading your mind. I..." He sighed heavily, then took both of my hands in his.

"I should have told you this before, when you first told me about your visions, but... I didn't want to give you more things to worry about." He shook his head, then looked at me sympathetically.

"I knew that you were having visions as soon as the first day of school. I've been experiencing your visions with you. The only difference is that I've had so much more time to work on my mind's capabilities that I can stay conscious, and I can also act as if nothing is going on."

"You mean that you knew about this when I was thinking that I was mental? You knew! And you didn't even fucking tell me!! What the hell?!?!" I yelled loudly and stood up off of the couch, and he only followed my actions.

"I know that it seems unfair, but I needed you to figure out some things on your own. And I barely knew you then! You probably would have thought I was a stalker or something! I was getting extremely inappropriate thoughts about my student! I couldn't just tell you about it... I could have lost my job if someone overheard. I'm your teacher for pete's sake!" He seemed to calm down a little after this.

"I didn't exactly know what was going on either... I still don't really know what's going on. I don't know why we're both getting visions. I've tried talking to people with similar gifts to mine, but they just tell me to let fate run its course and something about my heart not having questions. Everyone is so vague about it. It's frustrating!" He yelled, then sat back down on the couch with his face in his hands.

At that moment, my anger decreased almost into nothing, and I slowly sat back down, letting everything soak in. I glanced at Mr. Reed who seemed to be mumbling to himself in angry tones.

"When your heart no longer holds any questions... When your heart no longer holds any questions... When your heart no longer holds any questions..." Over and over again, that eery sentence flowed out of my mouth until I became aware that Mr. Reed was staring at me with a look of awe. I quickly stopped.

"Where did you hear that?" His interest must have peaked because he was now leaning towards me with wide eyes.

"When I asked my uncle about our family he said that he couldn't tell me much, but that I would know everything when my heart no longer holds any questions... I just don't understand though... Am I supposed to fall in love?" I began mumbling near the end of my sentences... barely whispering the last question to myself. I found myself staring blankly at the wall behind Mr. Reed.

"Ver?" My eyes snapped over to look into Mr. Reed's eyes as he looked to be staring at me intently.

"Huh?" My words seemed to be caught in my throat as our gaze continued to remain unbroken.

"Do you believe in soulmates?" His voice became a lot lower and softer than normal, creating goosebumps on my skin.

"I... I think so." I spoke sincerely.

"I've always believed in soulmates... I'm not sure if that's what we are... But I feel like I'm meant to protect you." His eyes held so much emotion as he slowly ran the back of his hand down my cheek.

"I feel the safest when I'm with you. I don't think I've ever really felt safe around any guys. But with you, it's different." I whispered, then remembered something about my vision that had been bothering me ever since.

"In my last vision, when you were holding me, did you hear a man's voice?" I took his large hand and placed my small hand in it. He shook his head and his attention was completely set on me.

"I think the man who was chasing me was somehow communicating with me. He said that he always knows where I am, and that he will find me. He also mentioned something about his heir... That I was really important to his heir... The heir to the Regla clan? Yeah... He said something about the Regla clan..." I struggled to remember exactly what he had said, but it all came back to me after thinking for a moment or two.

"Regla? That sounds so familiar... But I can't place it." He began rubbing his temples in a circular motion, then closed his eyes. He also started humming, which reminded me of someone meditating. After about a minute, his eyes suddenly opened in a flash.

"Regla comes from the last name Reglara. When I was younger, there was a man named Alexander Reglara that always visited my parents... I never had the chance to see him, but my parents always told me that I had to stay in my room when he came... But I know I've heard the name Reglara recently. Do you know anyone by the name of Reglara?" He seemed slightly flustered.

I sighed then nodded my head.

"James Reglara. I've been the object of his affection for the last two years. I think I finally understand why he won't give up on me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Lots of info... Haha.
If you're confused about anything then just ask...
Do you think Mr. Reed should have told Ver about the visions earlier?
What do you think about Ver and Mr. Reed being soulmates?
Do you think that Mr. Reed is just there to protect Ver? Or something more?
Is Ver meant to be with James? What exactly is the Regla Clan?
Do you remember Ver talking about James early in the story? It was a really small part, so I don't expect you to remember it. James has been trying to get into Ver's pants for 2 years.
I believe that you will be formally meeting James in the next chapter. ;)
THANKS FOR READING!! I LOVE MY COMMENTERS!!!