Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Sixteen

"Okay, now that you made me endure the first half of the day, and the whole wait through the lunch line, will you please tell me why you were at... uh... What name did we come up for 'you-know-who' again?" Missy asked in an exasperated tone as we sat down in the cafeteria.

"Umm... I think it was Calvin... Ya, it was Calvin." I answered her as I tapped my temple with my index finger in an overly dramatized action of thinking.

"That sounds right. So exactly why were you at Calvin's house? And what happened while you were there?" She raised an eyebrow at me suspisciously.

"You know how I got detention on Friday, right?" She nodded in understanding.
"Well, Mr.- uh... I mean Calvin... decided that instead of giving me extra homework or something like that, I got stuck organizing all the books in his supply room. Alphabetically, mind you." I pointed at her as she made a face of disgust.

"That must've sucked." She mumbled.

"Yeah, especially considering the fact that there are some high shelves in there, and I'm obviously not that tall." She snickered at that comment, but I just rolled my eyes and continued.

"At one point, I was trying to put a book on the top shelf, but it was pretty much impossible, so I decided to pout. Then, Calvin decided to come in at that exact moment and easily put the book on the shelf. I pouted and acted like a five year old yet another time, but Calvin didn't want to have it. I complained to him that he was basically five feet taller than I was, and that it wasn't fair that I'm so short. He told me how he thought it was attractive that I was short and that I shouldn't want to change myself... because I'm beautiful the way I am." I found myself smiling slightly as I relived the memory of his kind words and his gentle touch.

"He really said that?" Missy questioned, and I nodded, still smiling contently.
"Oh my gosh, that's so sweet... I want a guy to tell me I'm beautiful the way I am..." She sighed, placing her face in her hand and leaning on her elbow.

"It gets a little... weird now." I spoke, wondering how she would react to the next bit of information. Missy quickly straightened up and stared at me in a way that said 'continue.'

"He held my face... and his thumb kept tracing my lips... and then I started staring at his lips, and he said my name. Then I realized that I was about to kiss my teacher... and I said his name... but he didn't back away. And then I started getting that weird feeling that I was going to have a vision, and then I blacked out. But before I blacked out, Calvin picked me up bridal style and he kissed my forehead and said 'Don't worry, you'll always be safe with me."

Missy stared at me for a few seconds with her mouth gaping open in shock. I was about to wave my hand in front of her face before she blinked, looked at me, then looked behind me, then back at me again.

She reacted in a way that I hadn't thought of.

"Why didn't you kiss him?!" She shrieked, making the small groups of students around us stop talking and look at us like we were crazy. It seemed that about half of the cafeteria had went into silence, and they were staring in our direction.

"Why don't you mind your own business? Don't fuckin' stare at me like that. Eat your lunch and continue your own fuckin' conversation." I spat at a freshman boy who was sitting a couple seats down from me.

He went right back to eating, and soon enough, everyone was talking and Missy was staring at me once again.

"He's my teacher, Missy. What if someone walked in? How would we explain that? 'There was something on my face and he was just trying to get it off... with his lips.' Yeah, that would totally work, Missy." I said, sarcasm prevailing in my voice.

"Ver, no one would've walked in. You're just coming up with excuses. I know you have feelings for him. Don't try and hide it. It's extremely obvious. You should've seen your face when you told me he called you beautiful. You were practically glowing with happiness." She shook her head lightly at me, then poked me in the shoulder.

"Don't lie to me. I've told you how many times that you can't lie to me. Tell me how you feel about him. You have to, it's like... best friend code." She looked at me with a face of sincerity and hopefulness.

"Okay... I know this probably sounds stupid, but I have feelings for him that I can't explain. I mean, I feel extremely safe and comfortable when I'm with him. Usually when I like a guy, I get really nervous and I can't get comfortable. But this is so different. I don't get butterflies, my hands don't sweat, but my heart sounds like a hummingbird's with how fast it pounds. And I always get this strange feeling that I can do or say anything and it won't matter. It's almost like I don't have to worry about what he's going to think of me. I can just be me. Uggh... Man, I feel so stupid saying this." I covered my face in my hands as I stared down at my lap.

"I knew it!" Missy shrieked and jumped a little bit.
"You love him! You totally love him!" She exclaimed, but quieter than before.

"I don't love him... I just..." I trailed off, not really sure what word I could use to describe my feelings towards Mr. Reed.

"You love him. You can't even think of a way to tell me how you feel about him. So it's love. It is. Trust me." She placed a hand over her heart in a dramatic manner, and I sighed.

"Maybe I do love him...." I mumbled slightly, but Missy still heard, which caused her to laugh.

"I told you so! I totally knew it! You love him... You love him... You love him." She kept whispering "You love him" over and over again.

"So why didn't you kiss him? Other than your stupid excuse of someone walking in?"

"I don't know... Maybe I just freaked out because I want my first kiss to be perfect..." I shook my head at my own answer, feeling stupid for being such a romantic.

"If that hunk of man is an inch away from your face, and he's leaning towards you, you kiss him for pete's sake!" She scolded me.

"Sorry..." I raised my hands up in defeat. "I got nervous. I can't help but think about kissing him everytime I see his pouty lips." I sighed, daydreaming a little bit.

"I guess he can't stop thinking about you either..." She whispered out of the side of her mouth.

"Why? What are you talking about?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Mr. Pouty Lips has been staring at us this whole time." She smirked at me before motioning for me to look behind me.

I turned to my right and looked around the room for a few seconds before I could practically feel someone's intense stare radiate into my head. I looked straight behind me, across the room, to see Mr. Reed casually reading the newspaper and leaning against the wall. I looked back at Missy.

"He's not staring at us." I shrugged at her.

"Look again." She pointed behind me.

I rolled my eyes before turning back around. My gaze quickly locked onto a pair of brown eyes, clearly staring at me. The owner of the eyes smirked before winking and then went back to "reading" the paper.

I really hope he didn't hear all of that conversation.

Missy chuckled lightly.
"Are you okay, Ver? You're as pale as a ghost."

"Well... There's a couple more things I should probably tell you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what you're telling me is that Calvin can read minds and James isn't just a psychotic person?"

"Pretty much." I had broken Mr. Reed's promise by telling Missy about his powers, but Missy is my best friend and no would believe her if she told anyone anyways. I also had to relay my vision to her, which was much easier to talk about than before, and I told her that James Reglara basically wants me to be his wife or whatever the hell it is.

"Is it just me, or does your life get more and more complicated everyday?"

"It's definitely not you." I sighed and dropped my head onto the table in front of me.

At that moment, the bell rang and Missy and I continued with the rest of our day in a normal fashion, until 6th hour ended, which meant an hour of enduring Mr. Reed was upon us.

I placed my books from 6th hour into my locker before I grabbed my English books and swiftly slammed my locker shut. But, to my surprise, I came face to face to a very unwelcome person to which I glared at before I swiftly side stepped them, and rushed to Missy's locker.

I practically dragged Missy down the hallway with me, and but she stopped halfway, glaring at me.
"James is following me." I quickly took a glance down the hallway but there was no sign of him.

"Okay, then let's get going." Missy and I quickly picked up pace and we were about twenty feet away from Mr. Reed's classroom door, when James suddenly stopped both of us in our tracks.

"Hello Ver. How are you today? Going to English, I see? How do you like Mr. Reed as a teacher? I find him a little harsh sometimes." He spoke with his usual tone of arrogance, and placed an arm around my shoulders, which I shrugged off immediately. Missy rushed into the classroom, leaving me to endure James alone.

"Oh, come on. Don't act like that. Talk to me. I know you still love me. I heard you talking about it at lunch." My jaw dropped at this statement, and I took a glance at his attire before trying to remember if I had seen him today.

James had always been one of the most muscular guys in our school, but it seemed like he became more and more ripped every year.

Today, he was wearing a tight white v-neck, which showed off the couple tattoos he had gotten last summer. Around his neck was a strange necklace that he always wears. The necklace was a string of leather with a strange pendant. The pendant looked to be made out of some type of stone with a carving of a beetle in it. He had a pair of black gauges in his ears, which I had always thought were attractive. But now everything about him just repulsed me in a way that I couldn't describe. His hair was cut fairly close to his head, but the light brown color glistened with an array of gold-colored highlights. He was wearing a pair of dark-wash jeans and a pair of light-colored sneakers.

He tries way too hard. Why the hell did I think he was so amazing?

I racked my brain over and over again, but I had no recollection of ever noticing him at lunch. But then again, the only thing I was really focusing on was my thoughts of Mr. Reed.

My eyes averted to see his face had moved to an uncomfortable distance from my face.
"I just saw you checking me out, don't deny it. You think I look hot. I know you do. Wanna skip class and hang out for a while?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Ver, Is everything all right here?" I let out a sigh of relief as James moved out of the way to reveal my savior.

"Yeah, yeah. Everything's fine. Ver and I were just talking about getting back together again. Right, Ver?" James' voice held a hard and threatening tone as his eyes narrowed menacingly at me, willing me to agree.

I swallowed heavily and looked up at Mr. Reed, then looked down at my feet.
"No. We weren't talking about that, Mr. Reed. James was trying to get me to skip school with him." My voice was void of any emotion, and I looked up at him as Mr. Reed spoke.

"Well, Mr. Reglara, why don't you take a trip to the office? I'll escort you." James let out a growl as Mr. Reed gripped his shoulder and began walking him down the hallway.

He has no idea how grateful I am for him.

I shook my head lightly, then looked down the hallway to see Mr. Reed glance back at me.

Our eyes locked for a moment and I could hear his voice in the back of my head:
I think I have an idea of how grateful you are.

He winked and continued walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long update!
I was going to end this earlier... but I decided to add a little more.
Finally, James is actually introduced into the story.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Do you think Ver should have told Missy about Mr. Reed's secret?
What did you think of Missy's reaction about Ver and Mr. Reed in the supply room?
Do you think Mr. Reed heard all of their conversation?
Did Mr. Reed purposely eavesdrop? Or was it just coincidence that he was in the lunch room?
Do you think Ver actually loves Mr. Reed? Or is it just a crush?
What do you think of James? Does he seem like someone Ver would like?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!!
THANK YOU FOR READING! I LOVE YOU GUYS!
COMMENTERS ARE AMAZING!!! :D