Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Eighteen

I sighed heavily as I struggled to finish my English worksheet. My focus was nowhere near the content on that piece of paper. It seemed that my mind had decided to not focus on English, but what happened during English class.

I closed my eyes and leaned on my hand, imagining the charming face of Laurence Reed. The soft, black curls that adorned his head gave me the urge to just run my fingers through it. The glistening chocolate brown eyes on his face seemed to stare at me longingly, making me wish I wasn't sitting at my desk in my bedroom, but in his classroom. His usual smirk was teasing, just like I had seen so many times. And those lips. Oh god, those lips. His lips looked extremely luscious and soft, and my mind wandered to the kiss we had shared, making me want to feel that again.

Fuck! I'm daydreaming about him!

I hit my head on my desk a few times for good measure, but it just left me with a red forehead and my mind swimming with my frustrating and confusing feelings for my teacher.

There's no other explanation.

I'm in love with him. I'm in-fucking-love with him.

I'M IN-FUCKING-LOVE WITH MY TEACHER!


I knew that I was in love with him before, but at this moment, my feelings seemed to hit me like an extremely giant fucking wrecking-ball.

As my thoughts of Mr. Reed filled my head, I could feel my eyes drooping slightly and soon enough, sleep overcame me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I got ready the next morning for school, I decided to dress up a little more, considering I now had a sort-of relationship with a special someone. Feeling a little flirty, I slipped on a colorful, fitted skirt with a comfortable tank and a vest, and I donned my favorite cream pumps to add a little height.

All throughout breakfast and my drive to school, I found that I couldn't stop smiling. No matter how hard I tried to keep a straight face, a small smile always found a way to stay there.

I stood at my locker for how long, uselessly sifting through all of my various school supplies over and over again until I felt someone tap my twice on my shoulder. I swiftly turned around to see no one behind me, but I looked left and right to see an empty hallway.

Hmm... Weird.

I turned back around and picked up my English folder, quickly scribbling down some answers on my unfinished worksheet until a hand clamped down onto my shoulder. I jumped relatively high, turning around to see the hallway vacant of anyone other than myself. I shoved my folder back into my locker, only to have several papers fly out from the top shelf and onto the floor. I rolled my eyes and muttered to myself.
"It figures... I'm imagining people touching my shoulders and now my papers are flying around everywhere." I grumbled as I leaned down on my hands and knees to gather the useless papers.

I angrily threw the papers into my backpack, but as I stood back up, two large hands clamped onto my shoulders and pulled me backwards. A half of a shriek made it's way out of my mouth before one of the hands covered my mouth and the other went around my waist.

Then, I was swiftly locked into a janitor's closet, or what I assumed to be a janitor's closet, with someone who was still holding me tight against them. Their buff arms wrapped around my waist, allowing my mouth free of their large hand.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yelled loudly, but soon, I was being pushed up against shelves as the man seemed to be struggling with something above my head. Then, I heard a distinct "rip" noise and duct tape had been placed over my mouth and he began wrapping up my wrists behind my back, and my ankles together.

I was sat up against the shelves while the man got up and pulled on the string above us, lighting up the small closet. My eyes traveled from his beat-up old sneakers, to his expensive-looking jeans and v-neck tee, and up to the irritatingly mocking look on his face and I instantly went from being mad to extremely fucking pissed off.

I tried to get my words out to tell him that he was psychotic.
But it just came out as "Errr you furking fychotic?"

He chuckled at me for a moment, before he kneeled down in front of me, picking at the laces on my heels.

"I never expected you to be so feisty. I'll have to admit, you're pretty fucking sexy when you're mad, Ver." He smirked at me before resting his hands on my legs. I struggled to kick him, but he sat on my feet, rendering me motionless. I growled through the duct tape, but that idiotic smirk remained on his face.

"I'm guessing you already know what I want, but I'll explain it to you anyway in case your aunt and uncle didn't grace you with this important information." He spoke in a tone of boredom, which only made me want to punch him the face even more.

"As you know, I've been trying to get you back ever since you broke up with me, but you keep turning me down. So I'm guessing your aunt and uncle probably didn't tell you anything, otherwise you would have been running into my arms."

I really doubt that, asshole.
I rolled my eyes as he continued talking to me.

"Well, now that you've passed the age of 16 and have now turned 17, your gift should be fully developed by now. My gift came to me when I was very young, but because of that, I had to train intensively to have full control over it."

So that's why he was gone during middle school...

"Now, my parents are part of my father's clan."

The Regla Clan.

"Our clan consists of mostly shapeshifters and some are incubi or succubi. Shapeshifters can do just what their name says, change shape. They can transform themselves into anything they wish at anytime, but most usually just change their body to blend in for camouflage.

An incubus is a male, where as a succubus is a female, and they have the gift of seduction. They're able to lure people with their body or just their appearance. Once they have the person within their grasp, or they have eye contact for a sustained amount of time, they have complete control over the person.

My father is a shapeshifter and my mother is a succubus. Usually when you have two gifted parents, you only receive one gift or none at all, but I recieved both.

But, my abilities are very limited compared to both of my parents. I can only change my appearance to look like another human being, or to gain certain elements from animals, such as claws or wings, if I wish. My incubus powers only allow me to send off signals and hormones to attract certain people and sway their thoughts or opinions in one way or another. I used to only be able to maintain that power for a couple months at most, but now I can use it as long as I wish.

I'm a lot stronger than I was a year ago, Ver. I'm positive that you definitely didn't know that, and by the look on your face, I'm guessing that you have no idea what your own gift is either."

At this moment, I was extremely shocked by his words, but I believed every word of it considering the fact that my teacher had just told me that he was a mind-reader. Just the slight thought of Laurence's gift made me think of my gift even more, and how that was affecting our connection.

Is that why our connection is so strong?

Our gifts are connected?


"You, my dear little vixen, are not only a clairvoyant but also part siren. You have the ability to communicate telepathically and see visions of either your subconscious, the subconscious of others, or very rarely, you can see the future. You can also speak telepathically with other people.

You also have a small amount of siren in your blood, which gives you your beautiful singing voice. Your voice, if you choose, can attract males, and it makes you seem extremely irresistable to anyone who hears it. To females, your voice just sounds gorgeous to them.

Your voice was such a weakness to me when we were together. Now it would be even worse, considering the fact that you're going to be my mate.

I guess I should fill you in on the whole 'mate' situation. If you have gift, and it's a strong gift, then you must have a soulmate that is as strong as you are, and Ver, sweetheart, you're just as strong as I am. When you have a strong gift, you can only be with someone who has that strong of a gift as you. You'll know when you match because you feel an intense sort of spark when you're near them. And baby, these sparks are flying right now."
My eyebrows came together in confusion, wondering what he was talking about.

What kind of fucking sparks is he feeling?

Because I feel absolutely nothing.


Now I just need you to calm down and let me convince you that we're made for each other." He smiled at me before he ran the back of his hand across my cheek, but I jerked away, growling at him in warning.

"Come on, baby. I know you want me just as much as I want you. It's only a matter of time before you give up and let me have you. Every little part of you." His eyes glistened and he growled slightly while running his hands slowly up and down my exposed legs.

I mustered up the worst death glare I could possibly use and sicked it on him, but all I got back was a chuckle and a quick pinch to my thigh. I shrieked through the duct tape as I soon found myself laying on the floor with James straddling my hips. I struggled to get up, but after a few moments of relentless wiggling, I realized that James had no intention of letting me go anytime soon.

Quickly, James removed the tape from my wrists, only to retape them together above my head and he swiftly removed the duct tape from my mouth. A loud groan erupted from my throat from the sudden stinging sensation on my face. Before he could put another piece of duct tape over my mouth, I screamed as loud as I could, hopefully alerting someone walking through the halls.

James hopelessly shushed me by covering my mouth with his hand, which wasn't the smartest idea. I quickly bit down on the flesh of his hand, to which he pulled away, yelling "Fuck!" and leaning away from my face.

"Fuck Off!!!!" I screamed loudly at him, spitting in his face as I moved my hips back and forth in an attempt to knock him off of me. Soon enough, he had clamped my legs down with his own, and his face had turned a scary red color.

His hand raised slightly behind his head in a menacing pose that made me shrink back and wish I hadn't said anything.
"You will never fucking do that again. You little fucking bi-"
Before he could finish that thought, or bring his hand down to slap me, the comforting creak of the closet door sounded and an unrecognizable silhouette created a shadow over us.

"I think this little reunion has come to an end."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god! I haven't updated in FOREVER!
I FEEL SUPER BAD!! I'M SOOO SORRY!!!
I hope this chapter makes up for it...
There's a lot of important info in this chapter!!!
Soooo....
What do you think of Ver's gifts?
What do you think of James' gifts?
Why does James want Ver so bad?
Why does James feel sparks with Ver, but Ver doesn't feel anything?
Is Ver really that strong?
Will James ever give up?
Who found them in the closet?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!
COMMENTORS AND READERS ROCK MY SOCKS!!!
THANK YOU FOR READING!!! :D