Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Nineteen

My savior had picked up James by the back of his shirt and threw him out of the closet before I could even blink. For a moment or two, it seemed as though I had been left alone until the familiar sillhouette was yet again standing in the doorway.

"Oh, Ver." Laurence breathed out as he leaned down to remove the duct tape from both my wrists and ankles. As soon as I was free from the restraints, I wrapped my arms around his neck in an attempt to relieve my previous fear. My breathing sounded extremely loud and shaky in my ears, and my heart slowly began beating at a normal pace as he held me tightly against him. His fingers ran through my hair over and over in a form of comfort, which allowed a small smile to creep onto my face.

After a few minutes, I had calmed down enough to actually speak clearly and Laurence swiftly rushed us to his classroom. As soon as the door was shut and locked, and I had been seated in his desk chair with him crouched in front of me, I relayed everything that James had said and done while we were in that horrid closet.

His face seemed to hold an incredible amount of anger after I had told him, and a growl came from deep within his throat.

"Stay here, I'll be back soon." He spoke in a serious tone before he quickly rose and stormed out of the room.

I stared out the door for a few seconds, until I realized that he wasn't going to come back as soon as I wanted him to. After five minutes had passed, my curiosity got the better of me and I ventured out of the room. I walked down the hallway, looking left and right in search of my confusing English teacher before I heard a low groan coming from the stairs that lead down to the locker rooms.

I quickly looked around me before quickly, yet quietly, making my way down the stairs until a muffled voice sounded from the boy's locker room. My nose involuntarily scrunched up at the thought of wandering in there, but I mustered up some courage and cautiously walked in.

As I neared the showers, I heard a familiar sounding groan, which made me step even further into that area. After I had taken a few steps, the last shower stall came into view, as well as a rather disoriented-looking James and a menacing Mr. Reed.

The groaning I had heard had been from James, as he groaned once more as Laurence kicked him in the side. At that action, James struggled to stand up, glaring up at Laurence as he did so.

"You can't do this to me. I'm going to tell my father and then you'll lose your job! You can't punish me like this!" James yelled in a rage.

"I can punish you however I want to! When you tie up a student and practically molest her, then you deserve to rot in hell for all I care!" As he spoke, his fist came into contact with James' lower jaw. A loud "crack!" resounded throughout the locker room, making me cringe, as James fell to the floor.

"If you ever touch or even talk to Ver again, I will find you. And if you tell anyone about this, I guarantee you will never walk again. I'm sure your jaw will heal in a few hours with your shapeshifter blood anyways." Laurence spoke in a calm, yet menacing tone as James layed on the ground, holding his jaw that looked to be misplaced and possibly broken.

I gulped audibly as my teacher turned around, but I somehow moved fast enough that he did not notice me, waltzing out of the room as if he didn't just punch one of his students in the face. After waiting a few seconds, I swiftly made my way up the stairs, seeing that he was about halfway to his own classroom.

At that moment, I realized that I did not want to deal with any questioning as to why I was not in the classroom when he got there, so I soon found myself running as fast as I could down a seperate hallway. The door to his classroom was about 15 feet away from me as I stood at the end of the hallway, quickly looking to my left to see Laurence stop at a drinking fountain. I took that moment as my only chance, running into the classroom and nearly leaping into his desk chair, making it spin in circles as I took in a few deep breaths, calming my heart rate.

As soon as my head leaned back against the chair and my eyes had closed, I heard the door shut and the distinct sound of the lock resounded in my ears. Fearing that my eyes would give away what I had just seen, I kept my eyes closed as I could hear his footsteps getting closer and closer to me.

"Hello again." I greeted him, still spinning in the chair, not aware of where exactly he was.

My spinning soon came to an end as I felt his hands grip the armrests at my sides.

"It took you long enough to come back." The sarcasm was evident in my voice, and he chuckled softly at me. I opened my eyes to see his smirking face about two inches away from me.

"What were you doing this whole time?" I spoke as though I was oblivious to his actions, acting as if I really had no idea what had happened while he was gone.

"Nothing to worry about." He spoke in a low tone, leaning in towards me until our lips touched, igniting sparks within me. My hand found its way to the back of his neck, playing with the small curls there. His hand rested on my cheek, bringing me closer as his tongue ran over my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I denied and bit his bottom lip instead, making him moan, which caused me to back away slightly and giggle.

"You're such a little sneak." He whispered to me, placing a sweet kiss on my lips.

"Too bad you're not that great of a spy." He spoke again and I pulled back, raising one eyebrow at him questioningly.

"Ver, I can sense you, and I can hear your thoughts. I know that you saw me with James in the locker room." Instead of a frown on his face like I expected, he smiled teasingly at me and then laughed.

I glared at him and pouted slightly.
"Shut up! I'm still getting used to the fact that you can read my thoughts whenever you want." I grumbled.

He smirked at me before lifting me up and out of his chair.
"Don't worry sweetheart. I'll try not to, from now on." I smiled at him.

"Good." I smiled at him and stood on my tiptoes to give him a quick peck on the lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed as I took my seat in English. I was extremely ready for the day to be over so I could go home and relax, and not have to worry about anything.

During lunch, I had told Missy what happened this morning and she had insisted on bugging me about it for the rest of the day.

"Ver. Ver. Ver. Veeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr. Ver!" Missy continued to call my name until I turned my head to face her.

"What?" I asked blandly.

"So... Can you like talk to me in my head? Like telepathically?" She asked excitedly, looking up at Lau- I mean, Mr. Reed, who was completely absorbed in his computer screen.

"I don't know... I've only talked to Laurence like that. But I'll try." I shrugged as Laur-Mr. Reed, man, I need to remember to call him that during class, rose from his chair to write 'creative writing' on the board. Half the class groaned as they noticed what he had written.

For the first half of the class, Mr. Reed explained to us that for the next week or two that we were going to be writing stories and poems without any particular subjects or rules. We were going to be writing whatever we wanted whether it was a poem or a story or even a song, but it had to be at least one page long.

After he had explained that, he began talking about the importance of writing, and during this talk, I struggled to telepathically reach Missy.

While my eyes followed Mr. Reed in the front of the room, my mind seemed to be connecting to one particular mind a lot easier than anyone else in the room.

I guess that James really was right about the whole mate thing... It's so easy for me to connect to Laurence

Frustration came onto me, but I cleared my mind quickly, only filling it with Missy's face and memories of her. I hesitantly tried to reach out to her, hoping I wasn't reaching into anyone else's mind.

Missy, are you paying attention?

Ver! I can hear you!!! Can you hear me? This is so cool!!!!!

I just about jumped in my seat at how loud her thoughts were. It sounded as if she was screaming inside my head.

Missy! Stop yelling! That hurts. Just think normally and I'll hear it.

Oh, okay, Ver. Sorry about that. This is so boring. This class always drags on forever. I wish school was done... Uggh... There's still half an hour left.

I looked over at Missy to see her look at the clock and then she started looking around the room.

Eww... Landon's sweater is such an ugly color. Why is he wearing that? Is he color blind? Does he have no fashion sense or what? How can Shelby be dating him? He's so weird and not her type. She's so nice and pretty and funny and gorgeous and wonderful and...

Okay, Missy. I'm going to actually listen to our teacher now... Bye!

I shook my head, realizing that Missy's mind wanders way too much during class... and that she has a major crush on Shelby.

Weird...

"...that's why we're working on our writing skills. I know that most of you probably aren't listening right now, or you weren't even listening at all during the whole time I was talking." Mr. Reed glanced over at Missy and then at me as he spoke, which caused me to blush and look down at my desk.

"But if you weren't listening, then I suggest that you just come to class tomorrow with a mind full of creativity and a hand that's ready to write." He clapped his hands and smiled before sitting down in his chair.

"You guys can have the rest of the hour to yourselves."

Everyone quickly moved around the room to talk to their friends, and Missy turned to me.

"Why did you stop talking to me?" She whined.

"I'm guessing you don't realize how much your mind wanders during class, because it just sounded like you were rambling on and on about Shelby and how awesome she is, and Landon's stupid sweater the whole time." I laughed.

She blushed a bright red, which is very rare, considering that she usually doesn't blush at anything.

"You totally have a crush on Shelby. It's really obvious." I smirked at her.

"Yeah, I do. I hate it, but I do. It's just one of those things, ya know? Like, you know that you shouldn't like them, but you do anyways. Do you know what I'm talking about?" She leaned slightly forward, being serious for once.

"Yeah." I glanced over at the front of the room, seeing our English teacher staring at his computer screen with an obvious smirk on his face.

"I know exactly how you feel."
♠ ♠ ♠
So... Mr. Reed saved Ver.
James got his ass handed to him. Haha.
Do you think James will give up now?
Will James tell anyone?
Will Ver ever be able to trick Mr. Reed?
Will Missy ever get used to Ver's telepathy?
Will Ver and Mr. Reed ever be able to stop worrying about James or his parents/the Regla clan?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!!
I LOVE MY COMMENTORS AND READERS!!!
THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!! :D