Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Two

Homeroom was actually pleasant, to my surprise. It was a lot better than the usual craziness that goes on, but it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for either.

Mr. Reed decided that he wanted to get to know us better, considering that he was going to be our advisor for the next year.

So, he made us move all the desks in the room into a circle, then each of us had to say our name, place(s) that we live(d), hobbies, and one thing that basically no one knows about us (which defeats the purpose because then all the people in the room will know what it is afterwards so I can never use that fact again.)

Let's get this over with.

I basically zoned out for the whole time, hearing only bits and pieces of what the morons were saying.

I heard a lot of "video games", "Star Wars", "Star Trek", "hanging out with chicks" (that one made me chuckle a little), and "programming my computer." As you can tell, my homeroom is filled with super nerds.

Why am I stuck here you ask? I really have no idea...

My attention was brought back to the classroom when a large hand was being waved in my face. I jumped slightly, looking up to see Mr. Reed looking at me with one eyebrow raised questioningly. I felt the blood rush to my face as I mumbled a "sorry."

"It's okay. Now that you're done daydreaming, would you like to tell us about yourself?" He smirked at me, then went to the other side of the circle, leaning on a desk.

"Well... My name's Ver Lee, as most of you know already. I've lived here my whole life, as far as I can really remember I've lived in the same house with my aunt and uncle. Uh... Some of my hobbies are... uhh... listening to music, singing.. uh.. reading, writing, drawing,... um... biking, swimming... people have mentioned to me that I have a habit of not taking anyone's shhh... uh.." Mr. Reed glared at me, making me realize that he was going to be one of those teachers. "uh... crrr..." He gave me another sharp look. "I don't take anyone's CRITICISM. Okay! I said criticisim!" I shrieked lightly at him, making all the nerds laugh.

"Please, just go on. Without any colorful language please?" He said, quieting down the idiots.

"Fine... Umm... I'm supposed to say something that no one else knows?" He nodded, urging me to go on.

"Umm... I don't think I really have anything." I said after thinking for a little while.

"Really? Are you sure? You don't have any secrets?" He asked curiously, leaning forward slightly. At that moment, I found myself staring into his eyes, which I found to be a gorgeous type of chocolatey brown that looked to have bits of gold flecks in them.

A tingling sensation crawled up my spine and up the back of my neck, making the hair stand up straight until it went into my head, clearing my brain except for the thought of his eyes and how gorgeous they were.

For a split second, the vision of him with his arms across his chest, leaning up against his desk flowed through my mind. I then found myself in front of him, biting my lip as I cowered up at his tall frame. As my heart was beating out of my chest, his eyes raked over my body without shame before he took a step to stand way too close to me.

All of a sudden, the vision was gone.

I blinked a few times, and then realized that I had been staring at Mr. Reed this whole time.

I quickly looked down, staring at my lap.

My eyebrows came together as I thought, trying to get rid of that strange vision and think of a secret I haven't told anyone.

I don't really have any juicy secrets... At least I have ones I don't want to share. Considering that one of those has to do with him... I mean how well would that go?

I think you're hot as fuck even though you're my teacher and I know nothing about you.

No. That would be worst possible thing for me to say. And he'd probably send me to the school's counselor or something. I've been there before... not fun. At all.

What else could I say?

My best friend has been gay for her whole life practically, but won't come out of the closet because she doesn't know what her parents are going to say.

No way. Missy would kill me.

"Umm... I think I'm going to have to get back to you on that one, Mr. Reed." I answered hesitantly, feeling a little nervous.

"Don't worry, I'll hold you to your word, Ver." He smirked at me lightly before the bell rang.

Saved by the bell. Phew!

I quickly grabbed all my books, and dashed out of the room as fast as I could, making sure I didn't have to get caught in an awkward moment with Mr. Reed.

For the next 2 hours of the day, I didn't see Missy at all, getting me into one of my pissy moods for some reason.

I finally got to see her 4th hour during Government.

Luckily our teacher, Mr. Cook, let us sit whereever we wanted to, which meant that Missy and I passed notes all hour while we were watching a boring movie.

Once the bell rang, we headed off to the cafeteria for lunch.

Once we had gotten through the insanely long lunch line, we took our spot at our usual table nearest the window.

As soon as I sat down, Missy started grilling me practically.

"Ver, what's up? You're not yourself today. Is something wrong? I mean, I didn't get to see you almost all day, but you just seem kinda off today. Did something happen? Oh my gosh, did James bother you again? What'd he do this time?" Missy blurted out so fast that I could barely follow what she was saying.

"What? No! Missy, just calm down. I haven't even seen James today, which I am totally grateful for. It's just... Did you hear about Mr. Ward?" She calmed down as soon as I mentioned not seeing James.

"What do you mean? What happened to him?" She leaned on the table, munching on her sandwich as she spoke, spitting everywhere.

I shook my head at her, laughing slightly, then gave her my napkin before I answered.
"Mr. Ward took a job somewhere else, so we have a new English teacher, and I have a new advisor. And I have a feeling he's going to be one of those teachers that gets way too into my business, unlike Mr. Ward who barely gave a shit about me." I rolled my eyes, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Ver! Language!" She scolded me, to which I laughed. She glared at me before continuing. "So... a new English teacher... What's he like? Is he scary looking? Is he one of those stupid strict teachers who gives you a detention if you cough while he's talking?"
I opened my mouth to speak, but was cut off by Missy's questions.

"Oh! Is he like Mr. Ward? Does he stare at his computer all the time or is he one of those really nerdy English teachers who reads all the time? Does he quote stuff a lot? I hate it when they do that... I mean who does that? It's so annoying. Did you like him? Because if you didn't like him, then I probably won't like him... Wait... We do still have the same English class don't we? Uggh... Because if we don't then I'm gonna..."

"Missy! Just stop with the rambling for a second so I can at least answer one of your questions!" I yelled at her, just at that exact moment the whole cafeteria seemed to go quiet.

I slowly glanced around, noticing everyone staring at me, before I slid down into my seat, hoping I would disappear. A few moments of silence continued before laughter erupted and new conversations began once again.

Missy was staring at me expectantly as I sat up as I was sitting before.
"Well, he's nothing at all like Mr. Ward. My god... He's so... different. He's really uh... graceful? I guess? I mean... everything he does is so perfect, and he doesn't ever hesitate or stutter or anything. It's weird... And he made us do this stupid thing this morning so he could get to know us better. It was horrible. Just. Plain. Horrible." I groaned as I hit my head on the table with every word, creating emphasis.

"Woah... I can't wait until I see him for myself... Maybe I'll be able to tell you what's up with him. You know that I have a knack for that." Missy reasoned with me.

Missy has always been the best judge of guys, whether they're someone's dad, your boss, your brother, your cousin, or a potential boyfriend, she can read them like the back of her hand.

Maybe it's because she has the same insight as guys, considering that she likes girls too.
But did I forget to mention that she's not just gay? She's actually bisexual.

But she prefers women for some reason. But that doesn't mean she won't tell me when she thinks a guy is sexy as hell.

Well... She won't ever use those words exactly, but you get my point.

I will never ever get why she's attracted to women, but I don't hold it against her.

To me, love is love, no matter what. Love comes first. That's my motto.

I just can't wait to see her reaction when she meets Mr. Reed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update!
What do you think?
Any ideas about what Missy's going to say about Mr. Reed?
Do you think Missy talks too much?
Just tell me what you think. I appreciate comments sooooo much. :)
COMMENTS = UPDATES
THANK YOU FOR READING!!!