Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Twenty

"Why can't it be the weekend already?" I groaned as I took a seat across from Missy at the lunch table.

"Because it's Wednesday. You only have two and half more days until the weekend." Missy shook her head at me, then smiled mischieviously.

I took a bite of my sandwich, then glanced up to see the look on her face.

"What?" I grumbled out.

"Why do you want the school week to be over so fast? Huh? Is it because you're meeting a special someone?" Missy smirked at me, obviously glancing across the room at our curly-haired English teacher.

"Will you shut up?" I turned, noticing that he was talking to Mr. Jackson, the over-energetic gym teacher.

"You know that he can hear you, right?" I raised an eyebrow at my best friend.

"Yeah, of course. That's why I said it." She shot me a smug smile before digging into the salad in front of her.

"Sometimes I'm not so sure why I'm even friends with you." I shook my head at her and took a few more bites from my sandwich.

"Hey!" She shrieked at me, causing me to look up at her with a blank expression, still chewing.

"I take offense to that. But I don't care, because I know you love me. Even if you're mean."

I just rolled my eyes at her comment.

"Oh, and for your information, I'm not meeting with Laurence. Well, at least, we haven't talked about meeting at all... yet." I glared at her when she smiled at the end of my sentence.

"I wish it was the weekend because I'm still worried about what happened yesterday. I mean, I know that Laurence will protect me from James at school and he threatened him and everything, but I just don't know... James has never been the type of guy to just give up. And I'm also a little freaked out because I had a dream last night." Missy immediately told me to "spit it out!"

I was sitting on the desktop of one of the desks in Mr. Reed's classroom. I knew that I was waiting for him, but I had no idea where he was. I looked around the room, my gaze stopping at the windows in the wall to my right. All of the windows were fully open, allowing a gust of wind to travel into the room. Instead of the sun shining, like I had thought it would be, dark and gloomy clouds covered the sky. An immediate feeling of uneasiness came over me. Then, the door to the room opened and Laurence stepped in. He automatically noticed me and began walking in my direction. I remained on the desk, unable to move or speak as he finally reached me. He rested his hands on either side of me on the desk and leaned down slightly so his head was at the same height as mine. Slowly he leaned down and kissed me softly, and I hesitantly kissed back. After a moment, he leaned back, and whispered to me. "I told you that I'd have you sooner or later." As I stared at him, his eyes changed from chocolate brown to a menacing dark green. His hair seemed to shrink back into his head and change colors to a light brown. His height diminished quickly and his face morphed into one that made me want to kick and scream. James stared into my eyes and lifted his hand to hold my chin in place. His eyes seemed to darken and his voice sounded serious and sultry in my ears. "You are mine, not his."

After I had relayed the whole dream to Missy, she stared at me for about a minute straight with a horrified look on her face. I snapped my fingers in front of her face and she seemed to regain focus.

"Do you think it was just a nightmare? Or was it a vision?" She inquired.

"I have no idea... I really hope it was just a nightmare. But... James could have sent me that vision. I know that his father has done it before..." I spoke my thoughts to Missy as I thought about James.

"Maybe you should tell Laurence about this. I mean, you said that James can make himself look like other people, right?" I nodded.

"Well, that dream could be a vision of the future. James could very well come into the school, shapeshift into Laurence, and catch you off guard. It's not that far-fetched, Ver. You and Laurence need to have a safe word. You know? Like something you can say when you meet so you know it's actually him?" Missy suggested.

"When did you become the therapist in this relationship? Usually I'm the one who's helping you with all of your problems." I mumbled and she laughed.

"I guess it happened when you decided to have a relationship with our supernatural English teacher, and you found out that you have supernatural powers, along with a crazy stalker supernatural ex-boyfriend. Hmm... Basically when the word 'supernatural' decided to become a major part in your life." She listed everything off on her fingers, and it made me think of how weird this might have sounded to anyone outside of the conversation. We both laughed after she was done, and thanks to proper timing, the bell rang, allowing us to continue to our next class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In English class, Mr. Reed had us write whatever we wanted for the whole period and hand it in at the end. I ended up writing some really strange poem based off of the different things I saw in the classroom, considering that I had a lot of other things on my mind that I didn't really want to write about. It turned out fine, but I wasn't all that happy with it, considering that writing was one of my passions.

When the bell rang, Missy winked at me and wished me luck before leaving. I remained in my seat, messing with my books and papers on my desk to look busy to any other students who were taking their time leaving the classroom. A boy that I recognized as a year older than me seemed to be taking a rather long time, glancing at me every couple seconds.

Instead of staying seated in his desk chair, Laurence was ushering students out the door. He glanced at me, and his voice projected clearly into my mind.

There's a meeting for all of the teachers in the seminar room. I'll probably be back in an hour and half or two. Are you going to meet me after?

I nodded and he left as soon as the last student stepped out the door. I sighed before looking to my right and seeing the same boy still gathering his things. He seemed to be having trouble fitting some papers into a brown messenger bag, but after several failed attempts, he just shoved them in, crumpling the pages.

Looks like something I would do...

He turned towards me and his face seemed to brighten up a bit. He began walking towards me and I realized that his face looked familiar, but I couldn't place it.

He was tall, probably 6 feet. He walked with an almost carefree air, letting his lanky arms swing about. The hair on his head was black and his bangs fell across his face to cover one of his eyes partially. His skin was clear and not tan, but ivory. His face was boyish, and below his light pink lips were snakebite stud piercings. His eyes were a startling light blue color that popped even more with the eyeliner smudged around them. Just by him looking at me made me feel as if his eyes were piercing into my soul. He was wearing a plain gray fitted t-shirt, a checkered pyramid belt around his waist, neon pink skinny jeans, and a pair of worn-out black converse.

I stood up as he reached my desk, not wanting to feel even smaller next to him. I gathered my books in my right arm, and popped my hip out, putting all my weight on my left side. I smiled slightly at the boy in front of me.

"Hey, you're Ver, right?" He leaned a little towards me, his eyebrows coming together in uncertainty.

"Yep, that's me. Have we met before?" I raised an eyebrow at him, wondering why he was talking to me.

"No, we haven't met, but we have English and Choir together. I guess we really haven't crossed paths because I stand in the last row in Choir and you stand in the front, and I didn't realize we had this class together until today. Our roles are kind of reversed in this class because you sit in the back and I sit in the front." His voice held an unbelievable amount of enthusiasm and energy, and we both chuckled once he was done speaking.

"Oh, yeah! That's where I've seen you before!" I tapped my finger to my chin a few times as though I were thinking.

"You're Finn Oakley! Didn't you sing at the last choir concert?" He nodded.

"You sang an acoustic of 'Jasey Rae' by All Time Low! I love that song!" I just about jumped up and down as I remembered him shakily setting up the microphone on stage before belting out one of my favorite songs.

He laughed slightly and smiled at me.

"Yep, I'm Finn, short for Finley. I love that song too. All Time Low is an awesome band." He paused and thought about something before speaking again.

"So, I actually came over here to see if you'd wanna eat lunch with me or something tomorrow?" He asked with a smirk, raising an eyebrow at me.

I found myself chewing on my lip at his proposition, unsure of what to do.

"Uhh... Well, I usually sit with my friend..." I trailed off.

"How about I come sit with you two then? I can meet you in line and then you can lead the way from there." He smiled, with a look as if to say "Come on, just say yes."

"Okay, that sounds good. Don't be surprised if Missy doesn't like you right away, okay? She's usually a little stand-offish around new people, especially guys." I warned him, feeling happy that I might've just made a new friend.

He laughed and insisted that he'd make her like him.

"Did I make you miss your bus? I mean, I can give you a ride home, it's not a problem. Or are you staying after school anyways?" He rambled on.

"No, I'm fine. I can drive and," I checked the time to see that only about ten minutes had passed, "I was going to stay after, but I'll probably go home for a little while or do something for another hour or two."

"Oh, do you want to go for a walk or go to the park or something and hang out for a little bit?" He offered.

I nodded and the both of us went to our lockers to drop our stuff off before we met once again and wandered out to the school's parking lot.

I stood at the front of the lot, looking over at the few vehicles that were left.

"What do you drive?" I questioned, looking at Finn who was standing slightly behind me.

"I'll show you." He spoke as he placed his left hand on the small of my back, gently leading me into the parking lot. A slight chill ran down my spine, but I chose to ignore it.

A moment or two passed and Finn had covered my eyes, saying that "it was a surprise" but I just scoffed.

"Surprise, my ass." Sarcasm once again leaked through my lips and he chuckled, counting down from 3 until he removed his hands from my eyes.

Instead of a junky old pick-up truck or something along the lines of a Dodge Neon like I had expected, my eyes settled on a blue scooter. I laughed and ran towards it, quickly sitting down.

Finn was laughing at me as he walked up, handing me a helmet.

"This is so cool!" I shrieked as Finn laughed and told me to scoot back. He sat down in front of me, grabbing my hands and wrapping them around his waist.

"Hold on!" He said dramatically before we sped out of the parking lot and through town to the only decent park, which consisted of a lot of trails, trees, and a playground.

After we had arrived at the park, Finn insisted that we play on the playground. We ran around, playing tag and hiding from each other in various tubes and slides. A while later, we were both tuckered out and decided to cool down and wander around on the trails.

We started to walk down "Steven's Trail" under Finn's direction, saying that he wanted to show me something. I just laughed and followed him as he skipped down the trail. I marveled at all of the beautiful flowers and trees along the path as I walked. Pretty soon, I could see that Finn had stopped and was staring intently at a large boulder. I finally caught up to him, and stood next to him before I walked towards it. The boulder must have been there forever, because carved in it were many names, most of them resembling something like "Joe + Jill" with a heart around it.

"I wonder how many people's names are on this rock..." I spoke quietly, running my hand over the carvings.

"I tried counting once when I was younger, but there was just way too many." Finn stepped over to stand next to me.

"I like to think that all of the names in hearts are people that are still together today." He smiled sadly down at me, and I felt my stomach clench.

No stomach! Don't do that!

"It's so sweet that all of these people did this." I spoke while running my finger over a heart that had "L + R" within it.

"I hope that I can do that with someone someday, maybe not on this boulder, but somewhere, just for fun... and because it's romantic." I smiled lightly, chuckling at my own idea of romance.

"Yeah... romantic..." Finn mumbled as his hand brushed over mine for a moment. A strange feeling traveled up my arm at his touch.

What the hell?

I looked up at him as his hand stayed there, but as soon as our eyes locked, he pulled his hand away.

Why am I missing that strange feeling now?

"We should probably get going." He spoke, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me to his side. I could feel butterflies going absolutely insane inside my stomach at his action.

What the fuck?! Why is my body acting so weird?! It's not supposed to happen! Finn is just a friend! You love Laurence! You LOVE him!
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah... I haven't update in a while...
This long chapter should make up for it though? Haha.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Do you think James made Ver have that dream?
Will James ever change his appearance to trick Ver?
What do you think of Finn?
Does Finn like Ver more than a friend?
Is Ver getting a crush on Finn?
What will Laurence think of Finn?
Finn will be in Characters Section after I submit this update!!
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!!
I LOVE MY READERS, SUBSCRIBERS, AND COMMENTORS!!!