Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Twenty One

As soon as Finn had parked his scooter in the parking lot, I jumped off and handed him the helmet. Before he could even register what was happening, I found myself running across the parking lot while yelling a loud "Thank you for the ride! I had a lot of fun!"

I reached Laurence's classroom to find it empty. My eyes strayed to the clock on the wall seeing that it was almost five o' clock. I sighed and seated myself in his chair, knowing that he would be back in a couple of minutes.

Finn... There's something weird about that guy. I just don't know what it is... Maybe it's the fact that I feel really nervous and... weird when he touches me. It's not the same feelings that I get from Laurence though. I feel comfortable with Laurence. With Finn, I felt like I was going to throw up, almost as if I wasn't supposed to be with him. It just didn't feel right. I'll have to talk to Laurence about it later, and about the dream I had...

I spun around a few times before stopping to face his desk. His lesson plan book sat in the middle of it, the front of it was a boring white cover. No scribbles, no drawings, no fun, just his extremely neat handwriting in the upper right corner, showing "Mr. Reed. Lesson Plan."

My hand was soon clutched around a black pen, swooping across the page as words spilled from my mind to the page. After a few minutes, the white page now held swirls and lines in the form of calligraphy. Somehow my mind had taken over and I had absent mindedly written "Together, we'll be safe forever."

A smile made it's way on my face as I thought about Laurence, and the day I had fainted, and he had said "You'll always be safe with me."

It's the truth. Whenever he's near me, I feel extremely safe. I just feel... It's almost indescribable. I guess, I feel like I just got off of a crazy rollercoaster. It's almost like an extreme adrenaline rush just goes through my body and then I feel extremely relaxed and happy. Just overall happy. I get always get excited when I see him. I just want to be near him and talk to him. He just makes me want to smile all the time. And when he holds me in his arms... He makes me feel loved. But not the type of love my aunt and uncle have for me. It's different. But it's... perfect.

I shook my head slightly before glancing back down at my creation, realizing that I had made a heart above the "i" in "with."

Oh god... I'm turning into one of those stupid lovesick teenagers in those stupid romance movies that are obsessed with their boyfriend.

I even drew on his lesson plan! His fricken lesson plan!
Who the hell does that?!


"I think it's cute. I'll be sure to show it off during class." I jumped as Laurence's voice came from behind me. I turned to see that he was leaning over the top of his chair to examine my drawing.
"And I don't think of you as a lovesick teen." He smirked at me, letting me know that he had been reading my mind.
"I think of you as mine, and I'm happy because you're lovesick over me." He smiled brightly at me and I returned it, before he leaned down and kissed me on the top of my head.

"How long were you standing there?" I hesitantly asked, not sure if I really wanted to know.

"About the time you finished drawing that." He pointed at his lesson plan and smiled at me.

"So... You heard everything I was thinking?" I cringed lightly, realizing he had heard all of my ramblings about how he makes me feel.

"I heard everything." He spun the chair around, so I was facing him and he grabbed both of my hands, crouching down to look into my eyes.

I bit my lip nervously, wondering what he would say.

"Ver, there's no need to be nervous." He smiled lightly at me, taking his hand away from mine to rest it on the side of my face.

I laughed slightly. "I'm always nervous." He smiled at my response.

"I feel the same way that you do. I feel complete when we're together. I feel like I can do anything. I feel like I'm the happiest man that's ever existed. I feel like I could protect you from anything. I feel amazing. You make me feel that way." His sincerity made my heart melt, and I could feel my eyes moisten with unshed tears of happiness.

"Verena Lee, I love you, forever and always." His smile seemed to reach from ear to ear, and I found myself smiling back, feeling a few tears escape from my eyes.

"Laurence Reed, I love you the same, forever and always." Happy tears were now falling freely from my eyes and I tried to wipe a few away but his thumbs sweeped across my cheeks to rid them of tears.

He took my face in his hands and we leaned in towards each other, my hands finding the back of his neck as our lips melded together. Sparks flew and a content feeling came over me. I could feel his lips form into a smile against mine and I giggled before I pulled away.

He smiled at me before grabbing my hand and pulling me out of his chair. "Let's go home."

"So does this mean that you're officially my boyfriend?" I smirked at him as he put a few papers and books into his messenger bag.

He laughed and put his arm around my shoulders, starting to lead me out of the room.
"Secret boyfriend." He winked at me, and messed up my hair, making me quickly try to fix it before leaving his classroom.

As we walked down the hallway, we stayed a good distance away from each other to not leave any evidence of our relationship on the security cameras and to avoid suspiscion from any other teachers that might have been wandering around the school. But if I could have it my way, I would've been right beside him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laurence pulled into his garage, cut off the engine, and began to get out of the car. He glanced at me with a confused look on his face.

"Are you going to sit in here for the rest of the day?" He chuckled slightly.

I slowly unbuckled and grabbed my bag, very slowly getting out of his car.
"I thought that you were going to bring me home... but I guess not." Laurence laughed at me and shook his head, then we made our way into his home.

I looked around, seeing that nothing had changed since the last time I had been there. Instead of seating myself at the dining room table, I wandered into the living room in search of a comfortable place. I swiftly dropped my school bag and carelessly fell onto the couch, putting my arms behind my head and closing my eyes. I sighed happily at being able to relax for a moment.

Soon, Laurence walked into the room. I heard him chuckle, making me glance out of the corner of my eye at him.
"What? It's comfy." I grumbled.

"Do you want anything to drink? Are you hungry? I have some leftover spaghetti in the fridge from last night, if you want some." He chuckled as my stomach growled exactly after he had finished speaking.

"I guess that answers my question." He laughed.

I blushed, following Laurence out of the living room. I had a seat at the dining room table while he fixed us both plates of spaghetti. He set the plates down and we began eating.

I sighed and took a bite of spaghetti, knowing that I had to talk to Laurence about the dream I had... and Finn.

I really don't want to talk about that...

"Ver, you can tell me anything, you know that. I also know that you really want to tell me something. So, what's on your mind?" He read my mind (again) and I sighed before telling him about the dream I had about James.

"So... Do you think James purposely put that into my mind? Or was it really just a nightmare?" I hesitantly asked, putting my elbow on the table to lean my head on my hand.

"James could very well be interfering with your dreams. But, with what happened, and what James told you, your subconscious could have just conjured up that dream also. If you keep having dreams like that, then tell me. I'll find a way to help. I don't want you being haunted by him forever. He's not worth it." He spoke calmly, but in a serious tone. I nodded my head, hoping that I wouldn't be plagued with nightmares forever.

"There's something else that I want to talk to you about. I'm kind of... confused by it, I guess." I spoke, unsure of myself.

"Okay, what is it?" He asked.

"Well, after you left your classroom, a boy came over to me and we started talking. He seemed really friendly and nice, and we-" I was interrupted.

"A boy? What boy?" His eyebrows came together, and his voice held a twinge of jealousy.

"His name is Finley Oakley, but everyone calls him Finn. He's in our last hour class. He's tall, black hair, blue eyes, lip piercings?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Hmm... He's a pretty good kid. He tends to not pay attention during class, and he has a habit of talking too much. But, is that all you wanted to tell me? You talked to a boy?" He gave me a weird look.

"No, we went to the park and walked on the trails... and... he showed me this boulder that has a whole bunch of names carved in it and I was talking about how sweet it would be to be able to do that with someone. Then he touched my hand and I just got this weird feeling run through me. It wasn't normal." I looked down at the table, remembering how my stomach had fluttered around him.

"What do you mean?" Laurence leaned forward slightly, sounding intrigued.

"Well, you know that feeling you get when you're scared, and your stomach is full of butterflies and you get all shakey and nervous?" He nodded his head.

"That's how it felt. My stomach just wouldn't stop, and I felt extremely nervous around him. I kept feeling like something bad was going to happen. At first, I thought that I had a crush on him or I was feeling something like I have with you." His eyes flashed with sadness for a moment as I said this.

"But it wasn't at all like that. I didn't feel safe. I didn't feel comfortable. I didn't feel warm and happy, like I feel with you. I didn't feel... love, like you give me. I felt like I was going to be sick. I felt cold and... It just didn't feel right." By now, I felt extremely nervous, and my leg was bouncing slightly beneath me.

Laurence must've sensed my feelings, because he got up from his seat across from me to sit beside me. He placed his hand on my leg and I instantly felt better.

"I think I might know why you felt that way around Finn. I'll have to do some research and learn a little bit more about Finn and his family just to make sure, but I have a feeling that I know what it is." He took a deep breath, and looked down for a moment before looking back up at me.

"I think that Finn may be a warlock."
♠ ♠ ♠
Man... I always feel bad when it takes me a while to update...
This chapter took me a while though... Haha.
What did you think?
Do you think that the nightmare was actually a nightmare?
Will Ver keep having dreams about James?
If so, will Laurence be able to stop them?
Do you think Laurence is right about Finn?
If not, then what do you think is up with Finn?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!!
I LOVE MY SUBSCRIBERS AND MY COMMENTORS!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! :D