Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Twenty Two

"A warlock? Like a witch? So he can do magic or something?" I asked, albeit a bit sceptical of the subject.

"Yes, a male witch. He has the ability to use magic, but in contrast to common belief, most witches or warlocks are only able to use magic if they've been trained. It's not something that they can automatically do, such as my gift or yours. They have to memorize thousands of spells and learn the whole mentality behind using the power within them." He explained to me.

"So, does that mean that anyone can learn how to use magic? Like you or me?" My curiosity blossomed and the words flowed out of my mouth subconsciously.

"Technically, you can learn a few spells, but they're usually just small tricks for fun. Anyone that isn't a witch or a warlock can't use most spells because they weren't gifted with the amount of power and ability that witches and warlocks have. If you would try to use one of the more powerful spells, nothing would happen. That's just how it is." He shrugged his shoulders, sending me a look of sympathy.

"Oh, I see." I paused for a moment, before speaking again.

"So, is Finn really a warlock?"

He sighed before scratching the back of his head.

"I can't be totally sure until I have a chance to check his family's records. And, maybe ask him a few questions." He nonchalantly answered.

"Be nice." I spoke sternly, narrowing my eyes at him.

"I will! I'm not going to hurt him... yet." He mumbled the last word under his breath, but I still heard it.

My hand rose quickly, slapping him on the shoulder. He jumped slightly, yelling "hey!" before rubbing it.

"That hurt..." He grumbled.

"Well, you deserved it! Why would you hurt him? He hasn't done anything." I spoke in disbelief.

"For one, he was moving in on my girlfriend. And for two, he shouldn't even be anywhere near you! It's been that way for years!" He exclaimed, sounding exasperated.

"For years? What? I don't understand what you're talking about." I spoke, extremely confused.

"Many, many years ago, a witch and a clairvoyant fell in love. Their parents didn't approve, so they kept their relationship secret. Then, the witch became pregnant, and passed away during childbirth. The parents of the witch were so enraged that they casted a spell that affected all clairvoyants from then on. It basically causes an uneasy feeling to both of the people when there is skin-to-skin contact. Through the years, both groups have basically had a silent agreement to stay away from each other, with a few exceptions..." He looked down at the table, avoiding eye contact.

"A few exceptions?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He sighed before speaking again.

"There's a couple of stories of clairvoyants and witches or warlocks falling in love, but it seems that every relationship ends in a rather tragic way. It's almost like 'Romeo and Juliet' taken to a new level."

"That's crazy... Wow." I mumbled to myself.

"But, can I at least be friends with Finn? It's not against the law for me to be around a warlock, is it?" I raised an eyebrow, questioning Laurence.

"It's not against the law... You can be friends with him, but I want you to be careful around him, okay?" He sounded worried, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll be super careful. I won't let him hurt me. I'll keep my guard up around him in case he tries anything, okay?" I smiled slightly at him.

"That's not what I meant by 'careful', Ver." He reached over, resting his hand on the side of my face.

"I'm not worried that he's going to hurt you, I'm worried that he's going to take you away from me. I'm afraid that you'll end up falling in love with him." His voice was barely a whisper, and I could hear it crack as he finished speaking.

"I would never let that happen." I shook my head at him.

"I'm not going to fall in love with some guy that I just met. I can't fall in love with someone, when I'm already in love with someone else." I smiled at him, then leaned forward and pecked him on the lips. He smiled back and wrapped me in his arms.

My head rested up against his chest as we looked at each other.

"You know what?" I smiled slightly at him.

"What?" He asked hesitantly.

"You're really cute when you're jealous." I smirked at him.

"I'm not cute." He grumbled out with a pout on his face.

"Yes you are! Just look at your face!" I argued.

"I. Am. Not. Cute. Ver." He spoke through gritted teeth.

"Aww, you're even cuter when you're angry!" I giggled and pinched his cheeks, while he slapped at my hands.

"Have I ever told you that you're annoying sometimes?" He muttered, holding my hands away from his face.

"No, I don't think so, but I'm sure you'll say it more than just once!" I replied, smiling cheekily at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instead of bringing me home that night, like I had expected, Laurence decided that I should just stay with him. I claimed that I couldn't stay because I wouldn't have clothes to wear for school the next day. He said something along the lines of "I'll figure something out."

With my suggestion, we decided to have a movie night. Luckily, Laurence had multiple movies to choose from. Being the nerd that I am, I picked out 'Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire', my favorite Harry Potter movie. I quoted almost the whole movie as Laurence and I sat together, cuddling on the couch. Before the movie had ended though, I had drifted off to sleep with my head in Laurence's lap.

I woke up to an alarm clock the next morning, but instead of getting up, I nestled my head back down onto my pillow. The pillow seemed harder than my pillow at home, but I continued to lay on it, not wanting to be awake. Suddenly, my pillow seemed to be vibrating and I sleepily raised my head up to see that it wasn't a pillow. I realized that I had been sleeping on his chest, and I could feel my face redden in embarrassment. Laurence chuckled softly, and I quickly moved my head away from his chest. I looked around the see that we were in his bedroom. My eyebrows came together as I looked back at him.

"You fell asleep on the couch last night, so I brought you up here. It's a lot more comfortable than that old couch downstairs." He winked at me.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before sighing heavily and getting out of bed. Quickly, Laurence rushed into his bathroom and grabbed some towels before hustling me over to the other bathroom across the hall.

"You can take a shower here, and I'll set some clothes outside the door for you. If you get done before me, then just go downstairs and find some breakfast in the kitchen. I'll be in my bathroom or my bedroom if you need me. Okay?" He quickly spoke to me, and I nodded before I grabbed the towels and stepped into the bathroom.

I stripped down and started the shower, stepping in as soon as the water's temperature became hot enough. My mind began to wander, and soon enough, I was singing whatever popped into my head. After I had finished washing my hair and the rest of my body, I turned off the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. My feet carried me over to the door, and I quickly reached out, grabbing the clothes near the door.

I looked through the pile of clothing, realizing that I probably wouldn't have any clean underwear for the day, but surprisingly, I pulled out a pair of black lacey panties.

Why does he have lacey panties lying around his house?

Then again, maybe I don't want to know...


After I had found the matching bra in the pile also, I quickly put the undergarments on, happily surprised that they fit perfectly.

That's a bit creepy...

The next thing I pulled on was a pair of jeans. The length was extremely long, so I improvised and rolled them up to fit perfectly. The waist was also a bit large, but a belt was already tucked in the belt loops. I tightened the belt before grabbing the shirt and putting over my head. I looked in the mirror to see that I was wearing a band tee of The Smiths, one of the many bands that I like. I smiled, knowing that Laurence liked them too. I quickly blow dryed my hair, taking one last look in the mirror, before heading downstairs.

As soon as my feet had left the stairs, a wolf whistle met my ears. I looked up to see Laurence standing in the kitchen, looking me up and down. I walked towards him and laughed.

"I didn't know that anyone could look better than me in my own clothes." He smirked and I playfully hit him on the chest before grabbing a poptart that was lying on a plate on the counter.

"Hey! That's my poptart! I was going to make you eggs!" Laurence yelled at me as I took a bite of the poptart.

"Oh well, I like poptarts better anyways." I smiled at him with a mouthful, and he just smiled and shook his head. He turned around, opened a bag and pulled out another poptart, and began eating.

"So, Laurie, why do you have women's underwear?" I questioned him.

"Laurie? Is that your nickname for me?" He smirked at me, taking another bite of his poptart.

"Don't change the subject, and yes, that's my nickname for you." I said, unimpressed.

"I went out and bought some after the last time you were here, just in case it happened again and you wanted to change." He sighed.

"Oh, good." I laughed slightly. "I thought that you might've had some weird obsession with women's underwear or something."

"Yes, Ver, that's exactly it. I'm an underwear hoarder. I go to Victoria's Secret all the time and shoplift as many lacey undergarments as I can." He spoke seriously, but five seconds afterwards, we were both laughing uncontrollably.

After we had eaten and gathered all our things for school, Laurence and I were in his car. A little bit later, we were parked in the empty parking lot.

"Ready for school?" Laurence asked enthusiastically, teasing me.

"Yes, I'm ready." I grumbled, glaring at him.

"Oh, come on, it's not that bad." He said.

"I guess... But only because I get to see my best friend. Oh, and because I get to see my gorgeous English teacher everyday." I smirked at him.

"Gorgeous huh? How can you concentrate during class?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Sometimes, I really don't know. But English is my favorite, so I usually end up concentrating. If I didn't understand something though, I'm sure he would help me. Don't you think?" I smirked, batting my eyelashes at him, but trying not to laugh.

"I'm sure that he wouldn't hesitate to help a beautiful girl like you." He smiled brightly at me before leaning down and kissing me passionately for a few seconds. I whined as he pulled away, and he laughed.

"I would absolutely love to sit in my car and kiss you all day, but we both have things to attend to." He chuckled as he grabbed his bag from the back seat and got out of the car.

"I hate school." I said as I slowly followed Laurence up to the building. He opened the door for me, and I could hear his chuckle echo through the hallway as I made my way to my locker.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for flirting! Haha.
This chapter was a lot of fun to write.
I'm really liking the nickname Laurie for Laurence.
I'll probably end up using that a lot more than Laurence, from now on.
I'm hoping that I can update ASAP! :)
What did you think?
Do you think Finn can use magic yet?
Will Laurence ever talk to Finn?
Will Laurence ever hurt Finn?
What do you think of the whole "Clairvoyant and Witch/Warlock Feud"?
Do you think Ver would be able to handle being friends with Finn?
Will Finn try to take Ver away from Laurence?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!!
I LOVE EVERYONE WHO HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS STORY!!! COMMENTORS, SUBSCRIBERS, READERS!!! I LOVE THIS STORY TO PIECES AND I LOVE THAT OTHER PEOPLE LOVE IT TOO!