Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Twenty Three

Laurence and I had arrived at school much earlier than I would have liked, so for about a half an hour I bothered him as he sat in his classroom and graded a few papers. After a while, I realized that soon, students would be flooding the halls, so I wandered over to my locker.

I lost myself in my own little world, plugging my earbuds in and sketching into a notebook as I sat down against my locker. I had almost finished my sketch of an angel when, all of a sudden, I found myself sprawled across the floor with a familiar body on top of me.

I hastily pulled my earbuds out of my ears, and glared at Missy who was smiling contently on top of me.

"Missy! What the hell is wrong with you? Get off of me!" I grumbled at her, struggling to push her off.

"There is absolutely nothing wrong me, thank you very much! And I actually enjoy sitting on top of you, you're pretty comfortable." She smiled, then wiggled back and forth, still sitting on my back.

"Oh my gosh..." I mumbled to myself, knocking Missy off and standing up to fix my shirt that had ridden up.

"Ver, that hurt..." Missy pouted at me as she picked herself up off of the ground.

"Girls," A reprimanding tone directed to us. "No horseing around. I don't want any of my English students getting broken bones." I rolled my eyes at Laurence as he stood with his hands on his hips and a smirk on his face.

"Well, if Missy wouldn't have tackled me, then this wouldn't have happened." I pointedly glared at Missy before pulling up my (or Laurence's) jeans.

Missy sighed and muttered a quiet "whatever" under her breath before leaning up against my locker, looking at Laurence with a judging glare.

"I'd appreciate it if this didn't happen again, okay?" Laurence raised an eyebrow at both of us, and I nodded, sighing.

He started walking but right before he turned the corner, he glanced back at me, sweeping his eyes over me.
"By the way, nice shirt today, Ver." He winked before disappearing around the corner.

I rolled my eyes, smiling as I turned around to face Missy. She raked her eyes over me, then gave me a confused look.

"What are you wearing anyways? I've never seen you wear that shirt before. It looks like you're wearing men's clo-" She stopped speaking, realization coming to her face as her mouth hung open.

I waited a moment as she looked from me to the direction that Laurence had gone, over and over again. Then her mouth moved as if she wanted to speak, but nothing was coming out as she pointed at me and moved her hands in different gestures, making no sense to me.

Before she wore herself out, I just shook my head at her and grabbed my things from my locker.

"I'm wearing Laurie's clothes. I'll tell you the rest at lunch." I said over my shoulder, laughing as I made my way down the hallway to my first class, leaving Missy standing dumbfounded in the middle of the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ver! I don't want to have lunch with some weird witch boy! He might hex me or something!" Missy shrieked at me as we waited in line for lunch.

I sighed, rolling my eyes at her.

"He's not going to put a hex on you! We don't even know if he's been trained yet! He could not even know how to use magic at all, okay? Just be nice. He's a nice guy. You don't need to be mean to him." I tried convincing her.

"Fine," She sighed. "But if he starts flirting with you, I won't hesitate to kick him where the sun doesn't shine. He is not moving in on you when you have a godly-looking psychic falling at your feet. There is no way that some 18 year old boy is going to step in and take you away from that hunk of a man." She spoke with an intensity that scared me slightly.

"Missy, how many times am I going to have to remind you that Laurie can hear you even from across the room?" I spoke to her as I sent a quick wave and a smile to our English teacher who was pretending to read the newspaper like usual.

"Ugh... That's so dumb." She mumbled, and Laurence looked up to give her a pointed look. "I mean, that's so awesome that he can hear me talking right now..." She quickly tried to cover for herself and Laurence just chuckled, looking back down at the paper.

I laughed at Missy as she repeatedly smacked herself on the forehead, muttering "stupid, stupid, stupid" over and over again. As she was doing this, Finn noticed us and I waved him over. He reached us, looking at Missy as if she was crazy. I giggled and she looked up, turning red as she noticed Finn with an amused look on his face.

"Missy, this is Finn. And Finn, this is my crazy best friend, Missy." I introduced them.

"Nice to meet you, Missy." Finn spoke politely, reaching his hand out to shake Missy's.

"Yeah... Nice to meet you too." Missy mumbled as she stared at him, slapping his hand in the form of a high-five instead of shaking it. Finn just shrugged and laughed a bit, letting his hand drop to his side.

We waited in line for about a minute more before we got our lunch and sat down in our normal spot. I sat down preparing myself for the queasy feeling that I would get once Finn sat next to me. But, to my surprise, Missy sat across from me as usual and Finn sat comfortably next to her. I smiled a bit, relieved that I wouldn't have to deal with that feeling.

I started eating, looking up at Missy and Finn every couple bites to see that they were just staring at each other. After a while, I became uncomfortable and coughed, trying to get them to stop staring, but neither of them even blinked. I sighed, before waving my hand between their faces and they snapped out of it.

"Sorry, Ver." Missy mumbled, glancing out of the corner of her eye at Finn who was looking at her.

"What's up with you guys? I think you just had a staring contest for five minutes straight." I chuckled, trying to figure out what was going on.

"I... don't know..." Missy breathed out, looking over at Finn again. Finn sighed before facing me, still glancing at Missy every now and then.

"I, uh, I guess I should probably tell you both something, before... things start happening" Finn sighed, looking conflicted.

"Oh, we already know that you're a warlock, if that's what you're talking about." Missy blurted out, smiling at him.

"Missy!" I shrieked at her. "Really? You should've let him tell us! Well, I guess I'll have to explain to you why I know now." I sighed.

"It's okay... But I think it would be nice to know how you know that I'm a warlock. It's not something that I go around telling people." He looked confused.

For the rest of lunch, I proceeded to tell Finn about Laurence and his gift, as well as mine, and all of the things that have happened to me this year, including the weird feelings that I get when he touches me.

"Wow... I can't imagine how weird your life must seem now. I've known that I was a warlock since I can remember. I don't know what it would be like to just be dropped into this 'new world', I guess." Finn expressed to me after I had finished speaking.

"And I'm really sorry for making you feel that way. I had no idea. If I would've known, I would have made sure that I didn't touch you." He sounded guilty, shaking his head.

"No, it's totally fine. You had no idea, and I had no idea what was happening either. It's something that neither of us can control, so don't feel bad about it." I smiled softly at him, assuring him that I was fine.

"Umm, so... Uhh..." Missy struggled to get her words out, looking nervous.

"It's okay, Missy. Just talk." Finn put his arm around Missy's shoulders and she blushed.

"So, why were we staring at each other earlier? I didn't even notice that we were. I was just thinking about how blue your eyes were." Missy sighed out.

"I, uh," Finn sighed, smiling at Missy. "I guess I found you."

"Found me?" Missy questioned.

"Yeah." He grabbed Missy's hands in his own.

"I think I found my mate." He looked at me and winked, then looked back at Missy.

"I can't be your mate, I don't have any gifts." Missy blushed intensely, shaking her head and looking down.

"But you have to be my mate. Don't you feel it?" Finn asked, leaning closer to Missy.

"I feel... something, but I don't know what it is." Missy swallowed, and looked up at me.

"Describe it for me. What are you feeling?" I smiled at her, encouraging her to speak.

"I feel like... umm... I feel warm. I feel safe, like the feeling you get when you come in from a cold winter's day and you wrap up in a freshly cleaned, warm blanket. I feel like I just got dumped and I just ate a container of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. It's like an adrenaline rush... Like the feeling I get when I get an A on a really tough test that we took. I just feel... happy? I guess? I feel comfortable, like I've known Finn forever." She smiled up at Finn as she spoke the last sentence.

I laughed before smiling brightly at my best friend.

"Well, you've confirmed it. Missy and Finn, you've found your mate. Now, we just have to find Missy's gift."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm guessing you weren't expecting that? Hmm?
What do you think Missy's gift is?
Do you think that Missy and Finn will get along well?
Will Laurence trust Finn more now?
What do you predict for Missy and Finn's relationship?
Will Laurence know anything about Missy's gift?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! :D
I'M AMAZED AT ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TAKEN INTEREST IN THIS STORY! IT'S CRAZY!