Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier. Comments are amazing :D

Unexplainable Thoughts

Chapter Three

The last few hours of the day seemed to drag on forever until it was finally 7th hour.
The last hour of the day, and English Class with Mr. Reed.

I groaned as I slammed my locker door shut, walking over to Missy's locker to see her messing with her hair and applying lip gloss at a rapid pace in her small compact. I shook my head, chuckling lightly at her actions.

As I came up behind her, I smacked her on the back of her head, making her shriek and smear lip gloss across her cheek. I started laughing hysterically at her as she furiously wiped at her face, yelling at me.

"Ver! Why'd you do that?! Now my face is gonna have a pink streak on it for the rest of the day! And it's all sticky! Ew!!" She shrieked and whined at me.

"I'm sorry, come here. I'll fix it." I grabbed a kleenex from the top of her locker and motioned for her to come near me. As soon as she was close enough to me, I licked one end of the kleenex and swiped it across her cheek, swiftly getting rid of the pink line. After I had finished, she slapped me lightly, huffed and grabbed her books, leaving me in the dust.

"Missy! Come on! I didn't mean it!" I laughed as I caught up to her, putting an arm around her shoulders and she slowed down. She shook her head lightly at me before she began laughing also.

"Okay, no more funny business. It's time for Missy's patented Douchebag Detector to turn on." I poked her face, then pointed to Mr. Ward's old classroom as we neared it.

"Okay, I'll keep it on. But it's not a Douchebag Detector, it's just my amazingly awesome insight for males." She smirked at me as she spoke.

"You're so humble." I winked at her. "Now don't get sucked into this guy, he definitely seems like one of those guys who are pretty humble with themselves if you catch my drift." I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Really? He's one of those guys? Uggh... I hate it when guys are like that. Is he as bad as James?" Missy questioned me.

"I really have no idea if he's as bad as James. I really hope not... I don't think I can deal with two of him." I chuckled lightly, shaking my head. "I'm just warning you, don't fall for his looks... or his charm."

"And who would this young man be that you're talking about?" I tensed at that voice, glancing behind me slightly, then cringing and mumbling "Fuck my life" under my breath.

"No one of your concern, Mr. Reed." I practically growled out through my gritted teeth, then gripped Missy's arm and pulled her as fast as I could to his classroom.

I dragged Missy to sit as far away from his desk as possible, evidently we were also now voluntarily far away from the sluts of the school also, considering they had gathered themselves at the front of the room.

"What was that about? Was that Mr. Reed?" Missy whispered to me, not wanting others to get interested in our conversation.

"Yes, that was him. There's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way, and I don't know what the hell it is." I sighed, feeling frustrated.

"Weird..." She mumbled sounding like she was deep thought. "Was he seriously eavesdropping on our conversation?" Her face scrunched up in confusion.

"I guess... He seems like the kind of guy to do that. Uggh..." I groaned quietly as he swiftly walked into the room, to take a seat at his desk. "Time to turn your Douchebag Detector on, Missy." I muttered to her as the bell signaling for class to start rang.

"Hello everyone, I'm sure you've probably heard by now that Mr. Ward will not be returning to Rosaline Carter High School. I am Mr. Reed, and from now on I'm going to be your new English teacher. Some of you already know me, because I'm also an advisor. Now, I've done this with every class I've had today because I want to get to know you guys before we really dive into anything just yet." That stupid smirk was on face ever since he saw me in the back of the room. I swear, throughout his little spiel, he purposely stared at me to make me uncomfortable.

I glanced at Missy, but her eyes were glued to Mr. Reed.

Great... She's sucked in already...

For most of the class hour, we did the same stupid activity that I had to do with him in homeroom. I sat and zoned out, while everyone that I already knew about spoke about their random hobbies and weird secrets they have. Once they came around to me, I listed off my hobbies and my boring life, not bothering to say anything about a secret that I have.

Mr. Reed was, again, leaning up against one of the desks as he was conveniently placed across from me. He raised an eyebrow at me before speaking.

"Ver, we went through this in the morning, you had all day to think of a secret or anything that you haven't told anyone. You should have thought of something by now." He smirked lightly at me, then started tapping his fingers on the desk behind him to a familiar beat.

"I already told you that I'd get back to you on that, Mr. Reed. I tend to procrastinate. So don't expect me to get my shit done right away." I spoke to him without making eye contact, instead deciding that my fingernails were much more interesting.

"Ver, I don't tolerate foul language in my classroom. If you decide to continue using such language in here, then I won't hesitate to give you after school detention." He spoke sternly, trying to show his power over me.

"Okay, okay, I'll try to filter my words before they slip out." I held my hands up in front of me in a form of surrender.

"Good, well, Ver. Everyone has shared something that they haven't told anyone before, except for you. That doesn't seem very fair, now does it class?" He gestured to the other students, to which I shot all of them a death glare, but some still had the balls to mumble a quiet "no" or shake their heads.

I felt my blood beginning to boil as he singled me out. How dare he... It's his first day of being a teacher for pete's sake!!

"Ver, I'd like for you to meet me after class to discuss something." At that statement, my head popped up, my face contorted in shock. His face held a humble expression as he leaned all the way onto one of the desks to sit on the top, leaning back casually as he looked at me, almost daring me to object.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no sound would come out as a sudden feeling of dizziness came over me, my vision going in and out of focus.

Then all of a sudden, my vision cleared, revealing Mr. Reed writing various forms of irony on the dry-erase board in the front of the room. My gaze quickly averted to look around me, seeing that I was the only one in the room, sitting at the desk closest to his. Mr. Reed then began speaking to me, still facing the board, writing diligently.

"Ver, you've been really distracted in my class lately. I've read some of your writing, and it's wonderful, but you keep handing things in about a month after they're due and I can't give you the credit that you deserve. I'd really love to find a way to make sure you hand in your assignments on time. The only thing I can offer you right now would be some type of extra work." As he spoke the last sentence, he turned to face me, then walked around his desk to partially sit on it, leaning back casually.

"Like extra credit?" My voice came out soft and unsure, making me cringe.

"Yes, Ver. Extra Credit." He then walked over to my desk, and leaned over it, his face so close to mine that I could feel his breath on my lips. But before I could say a word his lips ghosted over mine momentarily, then he pulled away with a small smirk, leaving me shocked.

As I blinked multiple times, I found myself staring at Mr. Reed. I glanced around the room, noticing that the other students were looking from myself to Mr. Reed and then back again, waiting for something to happen. (And by "something" I mean for me to flip a nut at him.)

Then my lips formed the words:

"Okay, Mr. Reed. I'll stay after class today."
As I spoke, Mr. Reed's smirk grew, making me really nervous.

What in the fucking hell just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Update!
What did you think?
Mr. Reed's an eavesdropper... Haha.
Ver had a weird vision again...
What do you think of Mr. Reed?
What do you think Mr. Reed and Ver are going to talk about after class? Hmm?
PLEASE COMMENT! IDEAS ARE AMAZING!!!
COMMENTS = UPDATES
THANK YOU LOTS AND LOTS FOR READING! :D