The Art of Molnija

2

Moroi lay dead on the ground beside Dhampirs after the battle was over. You could tell where they importance lay. They come first. The motto that had been ingrained into my brain since I was a child. Without the Moroi we couldn’t have kids but did that really mean we had to be their slaves?

Whatever the case was I was back in Colorado and trying to put that night behind me. I'd returned to my apartment in downtown Denver a little over two days ago. I was hoping to blend back in with mainstream society. That wasn’t going to happen though. Not with a furry little problem being tossed my way.

“Kayo I don’t have time to take care of a pet.” I said eyeing the chocolate furred cat as it darted around my living room. It was cute I’ll give it that. But there was no way it was staying. Kayo sat on my couch staring up at me with a pleading look. Why was I stupid enough to let him find out where I live?

“Please Nidia its Kristopher’s and until we get him back . . . what was that look?” I folded my arms and leaned against the door frame. I hadn’t told anyone that Kristopher had willingly been turned into a Strigoi and didn’t plan to. Kristopher had escaped or been kidnapped as everyone thought.

Dead, immortal and evil where the only words to describe Kristopher now. The cute Moroi I had known was gone and had been replaced by a creature I'd been trained to kill. He’d always seemed the perfect image of a Moroi but obliviously that was a front. Strigoi where demons and deserved to rot in hell. Kristopher had jumped into that and I wasn’t going to do anything about it. Just mourn his loss because once you go Strigoi you weren’t the same person. Just a human guise that thrived on death and destruction.

“It was nothing Kayo. Can you please leave now?.” My eyes went back to the cat as it attacked a piece of cotton that was falling from the ripped pillow on the couch.

“Take the cat with you.” Kayo stood and I hated the fact he had an inch on me. He brushed my bangs from my face and I ignored the tingles it caused. He leaned down so the full effects of those of his eyes could pull me in. It was a trick he learned when we were in school together. He was like Puss in Boots.

“Please Nidia? Pretty please?” I stared at him before groaning and pushing him away. I went to the cat and picked him up.

‘Fine but you’re buying the shit he needs.” Kayo grinned and wrapped his arms around me from behind. He pecked my cheek.

“Thanks so much Nidia.”

“Yeah yeah kiss my ass.”I said letting the cat jump from my arms. Kayo scooped up his jacket and headed for the door.

“I’ll go grab the essentials and bring them over tomorrow.”

‘I have work-“ Kayo stopped by the door and winked.

“Then I’ll just let myself in.” He left with a click of the door and I let out a huff.

I glanced down once the cat started to rub against my legs and purr.

‘How about we head to bed . . . he didn’t tell me your name.” I said. The cat meowed and I shrugged before picking him up again.
“I don’t speak meow little boy. I’ll just ask Kayo tomorrow.”

I turn the lights off and headed to my room. I shut the door behind me then sat the cat down on the bed. I undid the button on my skirt and the cat’s head whipped in my direction.

“Gods you’re a pervert too.” I said turning away from him as I pulled my skirt off followed by my leggings. The shirt followed and I was about to unhook my bra when I glanced up in the mirrored closet door.

Gone was the adorable cat, it was replaced by a man who had to be about 21 staring intently at me. He was naked as they day he as born. I screamed and he jumped. I immediately darted toward him and yanked him off the bed by his chocolate locks.

“Who the fuck are you?!” I yelled. He hissed and grabbed my hand.

“Let me go it hurts!”

“Who are you you twisted little fuck?”

“My names Adrian! Now please you’re hurting my ear!” I realized that along with his hair I’d grabbed onto one ear sticking out against the silky strands. His lips quivered as I checked him over. His eyes where a bright yellow as he gazed up at me terrified. His lips parted a little showing off small sharpened teeth. That’s when I realized what he was.

I let him go and he hit the ground with a disgruntled meow as I grabbed my cell phone. Adrian curled into a ball his tail wrapped around him as the phone rang. There was a click and Kayo picked up.

“Hello Nidia? Is everything okay I haven’t even left the street yet-“

“You asshole! How dare you leave me with a Neko!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah this was written so many times in a million different ways.