Status: Active. Update when free time and creativity collide.

Contagious Chemistry

It's A Small, Small World

"Hurry up Stella!" Andy whined as he banged against the bathroom door.  I simply rolled my eyes, taking my sweet time just to piss him off.

Eventually I opened the door and Andy screamed (literally, screamed) 'finally' as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me out the door.  

"Someones excited." I chuckled as Andy ran down the stairs while I slid down the hand rail.  "Aren't you?" Andy questioned, stopping momentarily.

"I'm just excited for you to meet Darren I guess." he mumbled as he continues his gallop down. 

"You know," I said, linking our arms as we walked out onto the street.  "It's kinda like I'm your parents, meeting the guy you're crushing on and I have to approve.  It's adorable really." I smiled.

"Well, the best friend must always approve of the potential boyfriend right?"

"I guess, but even if I didn't you'd still date him.  Wouldn't you?" I asked, slightly raising an eyebrow.

"Of course.  Just so I could be all 'fuck you Stella'." he teased.  Our conversation went like this as we continued our, walk, train, walk to the venue.

We ended up at the familiar Brixton Academy.  Possibly one of the best venues I've ever been to.

"So who exactly is this band?" I questioned as Andy stood on tip-toes trying to spot Darren amongst the crowd of teenage girls.

"No idea.  But their name has the word six in it." he answered, still distracted in his mission to find Darren.

"You're a wealth of knowledge then aren't you?" I teased.  "There he is!" Andy cheered and he started to push throw the crowd, pulling me with him.

In a word, Darren was gorgeous.  His extremely messy blonde hair, angular features and olive green eyes hit me like a ton of bricks when I first saw him.  His lanky, awkward stance only made him that much more adorable and I had to refrain from yelling 'you two are perfect for each other'.

That wouldn't have been a brilliant first impression.

Andy engulfed him in a hug and they did their whole 'oh my God it's so good to see you in person and not via webcam again' thing, before Andy pulled me forward to introduce me. 

"Darren, Stella.  Stella, Darren.  She's a barmaid, he's a web designer." Andy continued to reel off somewhat pointless information and Darren and myself caught each others eyes and tried not to laugh at how fast Andy was talking.

When he eventually finished and sucked in a deep breath, Darren and I shook hands before he suggested we make our way inside.

The building was full of teenagers, and a few older people, with t-shirts that had various things plastered across them, but the one thing that constantly repeated on each shirt, we're the four words;

YOU ME AT SIX

I assumed it was the band name, and raised an eyebrow at the choice of name.  Andy distracted me from my thoughts by waving a hand in front of my face.

"What?" I replied, still slightly caught up in my thoughts.  "Mosh.  Yay or nay?" he asked, a hit of mischief in his eyes.  "Yay." I immediately agreed.  Even though I didn't know the band, I still wanted to get amongst the energy that I assumed would be bouncing off walls and people.

We barged our way through, elbows up and ended up dead centre in the middle of the floor.

"Awesome positioning." I commented as me and Andy high-fived.  The first two bands came and went, leaving an impression that would eventually fade on the crowd.  But when the sound of a piano began, the Academy was filled with screams and I assumed this was what everyone had turned up for.

The excitement grew in the room, and I immediately became immersed in the energy and excitement which I could feel growing.  The beat of a drum became apart of the music playing a yells grew louder, if that was even possible.

Then it stopped and five figures were illuminated on the stage, holding boards, each displaying four numbers.  As quick as they appeared they were gone and the crowd began to chant 'Da da da da da' over and over.  Andy and myself looked at each other, smiling, feeling like teenagers again as we got involved.  Finally the chant was at its peak and music began from behind the curtain, screams started again as the curtain dropped and revealed five men.  Straight away I was being knocked back and forth and loving every minute of it.

The feeling of being in a crowd at a concert, the almost euphoric feeling, is to me, always going to be the best feeling in the world.

I let myself get lost in the music and there was a huge smile constantly plastered across my face.  

"Why the fuck, haven't we heard of this band before?!" Andy yelled into my eat as he leaned over to me.  "I could ask you the same question." I said as we continued to jump.

The night passed in a blur, we came out covered in sweat and it was more than worth it.  "Okay, note to self, go on iTunes and buy that bands music." I stated as the three of us walked out.  "They're not bad are they?" Darren said with a smile.  Andy and I both nodded as we continued to walk down the street.

When we got to the station, Andy and Darren said their goodbyes before I was pulled into a spontaneous hug by Darren.  "It was lovely to meet you Stella."

"You to Darren." I said pulling away.  We walked away waving and I waited for the inevitable question from Andy.

"So what did you think?" he asked once we were on the train.  "You two are so perfect for each other." I gushed and he beamed.  "I'm glad you like him."

I let my head fall back and I closed my eyes.  

A few minutes later the automatic voice declared our stop was next and we stood up, Andy swinging from bar to bar.  I pushed him out the door with a chuckled and he pouted. 

"You're so mean." 

"I'm sorry baby." I said placing an exaggerated kiss on his cheek.  "Ewww." he said wiping it away.

As soon as we got back to the apartment I pulled out my laptop and Googled 'You Me At Six'.

"There's a tea here Stella." Andy called from the kitchen.  I jumped up, taking the laptop with me without looking at the screen.  "Thanks." I said taking the cup from Andy as I set the laptop down.

I took a sip from the tea, but immediately spat it back out once I saw the computer screen.

"Holy shit!" I cursed and I could see the look of amusement on Andy's face.  "C'mon Stel.  My tea making skills aren't that bad." I shook my head and rapidly pointed to the screen.

"What?  Yeah, that's the band we saw right?"

"You know the guy I was telling you about.  The one that comes in with his mates." Andy nodded slowly, not catching on.  "That's him!" I declared pointing at the blonde.  "And those are his mates!" I yelled gesturing at the rest of the group.

"What the fuck Stella!" I became shocked at Andy's sudden outburst.  "What?!" I screamed in defense.  "How have you not jumped his bones yet?" he asked, much calmer.

"Bloody hell Andy." I said throwing a balled up sock at his head that had been sitting on the counter.

"It's a small world after all.  It's a small, small world." Andy sang and I tossed the second sock at his mouth.

"Shut up."
♠ ♠ ♠
T/C: It's a small world (after all) - Sherman Brother

So yep, revelations.

Bit of a dodgy chapter but I have a six hour training course Saturday so I thought I'd get it out early and then edit if I feel the need.

Also, EIGHT SUBSCRIBERS? When did that happen? Big Internet hugs to you guys.

Comment would be appreciated. Tell me what you do or don't like about this story, let me know how I can improve.

I think that's all I have to say for now.

Love&Rockets
Jordan