The Rivals

So Sorry

~Quinn~
It was my turn to make Phil sit out on the workout not that he complained to much as he enjoyed watching me.
“Hey Quinn if you wanna watch that interview of Anita’s you’ll have to stop and shower now.” I climbed off the rowing machine and took the towel that Phil offered dabbing at my neck and body.
“Yeah come on, I wanna see how everyone’s taking her slow, but certain face turn.”
I came out of the shower 15 minutes later and plonked myself on the bed next to Phil, curling up into his side as he turned on the TV. Anita was sat there looking a little uncomfortable which I found laughable. I mean come on she’s on TV almost every week to millions around the world, yet she’s nervous over some guy in a local TV show?
“Today we are lucky to have the beautiful WWE Diva and New Orleans’s favourite daughter, Bobbie!” The studio audience roared as she gave a small wave, I could see she was starting to get comfortable and loved the cheers. But when the talk turned from her wrestling career to personal life I could tell she felt uncomfortable. Phil to took an interest and focused on what was being said. “So, Bobbie, how does it feel to be back home?” Matt the show’s host asked.
“It’s great Matt. You never know how much you miss a beautiful city like New Orleans until you get to come back and remember why you loved it in the first place.”
“Well, it hasn’t been as beautiful since Katrina. A lot of the city is still being rebuilt to its former glory. Is that why you left?”
“Actually Matt, after Katrina I took a three year break from my then budding wrestling career to help rebuild the city that’s given me so much.” The audience whooped and hollered again.
“But this city has also taken a lot of things from you, isn’t it true you lost your parents and little brother when Katrina hit?”
I didn’t know this and I felt a little pang in my heart as she composed herself. “Yes, but I was one of the many who lost loved ones to Katrina.”
“I’ve been told that you actually tried to go back to find your family before the storm hit New Orleans, is that true?” She nodded.
“I was driving down there, the storm was right on my heels since I was coming from Florida, to try to get to my family and evacuate them. But… a car crashed into me, sending me into another lane where I was hit by a truck and was knocked unconscious. I woke up three weeks later in the hospital.” My hand raised to my mouth I couldn’t believe I didn’t know this. I felt so guilty for my treatment of her.
“And your family was missing?” Matt asked.
“Yes, so I went down there and tore through the rubble and debris until I found the storm cellar, where I was sure they’d be. But when I opened the door…” She began to cry and apologised. “I’m sorry.” Matt handed her a tissue and she dabbed at her eyes. “A piece of wood had locked the storm cellar door shut, and it had flooded, so they drowned.” That man should feel ashamed of himself. I know I was, I was a cruel little bitch and Anita deserved none of it. “After that I couldn’t leave my beautiful city in rubble, so I called FCW, where I was wrestling at the time, and told them that I had to help. They said they understood, so I took a three year break and came back into wrestling in 2008. And I’ve been donating money and time whenever I can until New Orleans is the beautiful city that we all know and love again.” An awkward silence had ascended, but someone started to clap and it was picked up by the rest of the audience.
“Bobbie, thank you for sharing that with us.” She nodded at him.
“That’s the first time I think I’ve ever told anyone that.” She admitted.
“Well, I’m glad it was with us, ladies and gentleman, Bobbie!”
“Quinn you couldn’t have known. It’s not your fault.” Phil said rubbing my arm as my eyes pricked with tears.
“I am such a horrible person. How could I treat anyone the way I have. She’s gone through so much Phil and not one of us bothered to get to know her. To see if she was the bitch she was on screen.” Phil tightened his hold on me and kissed the top of my head.
“No Quinn you are a good person. The fact that you’re upset and hate the way you’ve been with her proves it.”
“Maybe I should go to Smackdown tonight. Really apologise for how I’ve treated her.” He smiled at me, knowing full well he wouldn’t be able to change my mind. I changed quickly and kissed Phil. “I’ll be back soon as babe.” He swatted my butt and waved me off.
As I got to the arena I saw the match card and there it was. I was gob smacked. Bobbie vs. Beth and Anita would win! I heard Beth’s music and knew I was too late to congratulate her, but I could do it afterwards. I headed to catering and saw Paul.
“Hi Paul.” I said, I wasn’t sure how to act around him. Anita and I had been at each-other’s throats for a long time.
“Hey Quinn, you seen? Anita’s going to be the new champ!”
“I have. I came to apologise for everything. I saw the interview and I you have no idea how much I hate myself for the way I’ve treated her. He nodded understandingly and gestured for me to sit down with him and watch Anita’s match. She was amazing she kicked out of two of Beth’s Glamslam’s. She laid Beth out with an Enzuigiri and climbed the ropes to hit a 450 splash. I saw Paul’s intake of breath and smiled. I knew Phil was just the same with me. As she went to cover Cody jumped the barricade.
“What is he doing he shouldn’t be there!” Paul shouted getting up and running to get down to the ring. I caught him before he got there though.
“No Paul. Let me, I need to do this. Please.” He looked at for what seemed the longest time, but before he could reply I ran out and down the ramp. Cody’s back was to me and he turned into a round house kick as the fans began to shout and cheer. I knew I had laid him out real good as I had hit Anita the exact same way. She stalked over to the ropes and glared at me. I wasn’t sure if she was serious or not. I wasn’t trying to steal her lime light just help her out. I backed up and kicked Cody. She turned back to Beth and hit a standing Moonsault and covered her for the win.
“Your winner and new Divas Champion Bobbie!” Lillian announced. Bobbie climbed the ropes holding the title high. She pointed at me and then the Wrestlemania sign. I smirked pointing at her belt and the sign mouthing that the belt would be mine. Then I walked backwards up the ramp never taking my eyes from hers.
“Thanks Quinn.” Paul smiled as I came through the curtain. I went to reply, but Anita came through. Paul scooped her into his arms and kissed her passionately. I looked away feeling I was intruding on a moment.
“What were you doing her Quinn?” She asked taking Pauls hand in hers and draping her title over her shoulder. I suddenly felt awkward and unsure. Something I’m not used to feeling. I took a step towards her and did what felt right. I wrapped her in a hug. I pulled away from her a look of pure confusion on her face.
“Anita I am so sorry for everything I have ever said and done. For anything and everything that may have hurt and upset you. No one deserves to be treated the way I and so many of our colleagues have treated you. Especially with all you’ve gone through. I don’t mean to sound like I’m pitying you because I’m not. I’m commending you. For being so brave, so strong and if there is anything I can do to prove how sorry I am, then just say it.” She stood looking at me for the longest time. People walked past us and I began to feel that maybe I had said something wrong.
“You wanna prove how sorry you are? Then fine at Wrestlemania, bring everything you’ve got. Because we’re going to have ourselves a Last Woman Standing Match.” Her eyes lit up and it wasn’t evil or twisted, but again that respect that we both new we’d go all out to give the best match of our careers. I smiled.
“You’re on Anita.”
“Wait, wait, wait! That is way too dangerous! There’s no rules no disqualifications anything goes.” She quietened Paul with finger on his lips.
“We know what we’re doing Paul. But Quinn?” I smiled at the two of them, they were great together and I was starting to see what Paul saw in Anita.
“Yeah?”
“Don’t use duct tape.” I laughed at her reference to Cena’s match the other year against Batista.
“I’m shocked you would think I would pull a Cena! But you got it you, me Last man Standing match at Wrestlemania, bringing everything I got to that ring. And let the best wrestler win.” I smiled widely and felt a connection with her. Why I ever disliked her so much I wasn’t sure.
“You no good dirty little bitch!” Cody shouted coming through the curtain. We all turned to him me not feeling in as good a mood as I was moments ago.
“I hope you ain’t referring to me you snot nosed little idiot.” He gaped at me and then growled.
“You think you’re so damn clever Quinn. “ His face twisted into that little smirk of his. “You vs. me Monday night on Raw!” He laughed, I think, he thought I wasn’t going to accept. Phil could shout at me later.
“Bring it little boy. I’ll beat your ass all over that ring!”
“Well I’m glad you accept Quinn you two shall kick off the show on Monday.” Ace said coming towards us. I glared at him, I really disliked this man.
“Great I’m thrilled, really I am!” I said walking away from the man in front of me. “Later Anita, Paul!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So what’s going to happen in Quinn and Cody’s match?
Does Ace have something up his sleeve?
What will Phil think to Quinn’s match?
And are Anita and Quinn finally working out their differences?
TMG holds the answers! :D
SEG
Quinn Workout
Quinn
Quinn Smackdown