The Rivals

I Wouldn't Let This Happen

~Quinn~
I went to Smackdown the next night after I got a text from Brianna. She had heard that Barbie was planning on having a match with Anita. Now I may ache everywhere courtesy of Runnels, but I wasn’t in as worse a shape as Anita. She needed to rest her back before she made it even worse. I sat in the locker room and watched in amusement the interaction between Anita and Barbie. I thought Barbie was going to cry and stomp her feet when Anita asked who she slept with to the get that ‘match voucher’ and I’d bet my hard fought cash that it was that ass Ace’s idea to give her it. Well no worries I had planned for this. I had my ring gear and when Anita walked through that door I would do the match instead of her.
“What are you doing here?” She asked as she started to change.
“I came to make sure Barbie gets taught a lesson, I want to be in the match in your place.” She looked at me and I could see the tears well up in her eyes. What had I sad wrong? I didn’t mean to upset her.
“The board of directors wants to see me fight her. But, thank you Quinn.” I realised the reason she was upset was because no one was friendly enough with her to offer a ride to the hotel let alone take her place in a match. I was hit with guilt again. So many of the divas here were my friend and they knew how nice a person I was. Always offering help and advice, so for me to not like someone like how I well hated Anita they all felt there must be something wrong with her and had never given her a chance. And as I was friends with most of the guys and as Anita took to acting like Bobbie all the time they were none too fond of her either. I needed to make this all right.
“Anita, please. You are in no shape to be in a no disqualification match-“ I started, but she cut me off.
“Neither are you. I’m sorry, but I have to do this myself. Just watch Paul for me. I don’t trust her, she’s plotting something.” I looked at her and thought about if the roles were reversed and then I smiled.
“Okay, but watch yourself out there.”
“I will.” Was her simple reply.
I got to Paul just as Anita walked out.
“Hey Paul.” He turned looking at me a frown in place.
“Quinn. Why aren’t you watching her?” All attitude, but I knew Phil would be just the same.
“Because she asked me to watch you when she turned down my offer to fight in her place.” His demeanour changed.
“Oh right, thanks.” I shrugged my shoulders and offered a small smile, before turning to the monitor. You could see from Anita’s stance she was in a lot of pain I should have made her stay backstage and do this match. When Eve’s music hit instead of Barbie’s my jaw dropped.
“What the fuck?”
“It’s fine Paul I’ll deal with this!” I walked towards the curtain to head out only to be stopped by Cody. “Move it or lose it pretty boy!” I growled out.
“Oh I don’t think so Quinn the fun as just begun.” He shoved me backwards and I heard Paul gasp I knew he was more concerned with what was happening in the ring, but I needed to get to Anita like yesterday and his help in shifting Cody would be greatly appreciated. I let loose with a kick to his nuts and punched him in the face as he doubled over.
“And that is why you should do as I say.” Then Barbie’s voice rung out as I went to run out.
“Hey Bobbie, maybe you should just tap. Justin will never love you anyway, so just give up now.” I turned as she shoved her tongue down Pauls throat. Go dammit I couldn’t even keep an eye on Paul! I lunged forward and yanked Paul from her grip. Unfortunately the camera had stopped rolling so Anita wouldn’t see this.
“Quinn!” Barbie squeaked at me. I backhanded her and pinned her to the wall.
“You listen up and listen real good. I will only say this once. Stay away from Paul and Anita. I see you near them, I hear that you’ve been near them. And face it Barbie the people here talk to me all the time so I will know. You go near them and I will end your miserable excuse of a career.” She whimpered at me and I let her go. Paul looked at me in shock, I had never really known Paul so he didn’t know me either, but I was loyal and I dealt with problems like Barbie exactly like I just had. I turned back to the monitor with Paul and saw the end of what like From New Orleans With Love. Paul did not look happy.
“Paul she needed to do it to end that match.” He nodded his head a fraction and glued his eyes to the monitor. Scott the ref for the match held her arm up in victory, but she collapsed in the ring. I ran with Paul out to the ring. He pulled her into his arms.
“Ani? Ani baby open your eyes.” He pleaded. He started to shake her and I with Scott’s help pulled him off. Shaking her hen her back could be seriously hurt was not the best idea. And I hoped the camera’s hadn’t picked up on the use of her real name.
“Justin back off! You’ll make things worse!” I knelt down beside Anita and took one of her hands in mine. I stroked her hair back as the trainer’s filled the ring up. Paul took a deep breath and crouched opposite me and took her other hand. Her eyes fluttered open. I smiled maybe she’d be ok and it was just exhaustion? Paul was on the verge of tears as the trainer’s lifted her out of the ring. I put an arm round Paul and led him to the back the crowd was silent the whole time.
I stood outside the trainer’s room pacing, Cody came up to me and as I went to rip him to him he held his hands up defensively.
“I just came to see if she’s alright.”
“I don’t know and if she is it’s no thanks to you! If you’d have let me get down there this would never have happened!” He hung his head in shame. I felt bad maybe he actually did care about Anita, but then I could see a stupid smile form on his face.
“Well maybe she’ll realise that Paul just ain’t cutting it. He couldn’t protect her. He’s not good enough for her.” I lashed out and slapped him across the face.
“You are not good enough for her. Paul has been with her through more than any of us can imagine. You are just some snot nosed kid who’s used to getting his own way. Well news flash, I’m not going to let that happen. So you and Barbie and Eve for that matter can plot all you want, but I will be in the damn way and stop whatever you have planned. You just remember how hard I can kick the next time you try anything.” He visibly paled at the threat, no the promise of pain if he tried to split Paul and Anita up. I had one of the stiffest kicks in the WWE. It didn’t seem he had anything else to say so he walked off in one hell of a hurry. I turned back as the door opened to see Anita with Paul just behind her.
“Ani…er Anita are you going to be ok?” I didn’t know whether to hug her or just stand back. So I stood back. But she came and hugged me.
“I heard what you just said to Cody. Thank you. And they say I should be ok. Still a month before I can wrestle. I blacked out due to the pain of getting hit and not giving my body enough time to recuperate after our match.” I sighed in relief.
“Well as for Cody, I’d like to think you’d do the same if Chris tries anything.” She smiled at me.
“You better believe I would. You’re actually a really good person Quinn.” I let out a humourless laugh.
“Not that good I made your life hell.” Paul put a hand on my shoulder.
“Yeah, but you are more than making up for everything now.” He squeezed it gently.
“Thanks, I’ll see you guys next week if not beforehand.” I waved and walked away. I was finally making amends and I didn’t feel as guilty as I had about Anita.
I got back to the hotel to find Phil vegged out on the sofa watching Devil you know the film where people die in a lift cos one of them is possessed by the devil.
“Babe you missed a real good movie here.” He smiled as I lent down for a kiss.
“Oh well, you wanna come for a swim? I don’t fancy staying cooped up here.” He chuckled.
“You do things at the weirdest times.” I stuck my tongue out. “No you go I worked out while you were at the show. Did Barbie try anything?” I sighed.
“Watch Friday and you’ll find out.” I said before getting a bathing suit, some shorts and a towel. AS I walked towards the door in my bathing suit Phil whistled at me making me blush. 7 months of dating and he could still make me blush. I shook my head and walked out.
I had always enjoyed the water. Nothing was more relaxing than to just float in a swimming pool. That feeling of floating and that nothing else mattered except keeping your body a float. I was brought from my peaceful relaxation by obnoxious giggling. I moved myself so I was treading water and looked up to see Barbie and Eve.
“What do you want?” I hissed out.
“You know you’re supposed to swim in the water, not float.” Barbie giggled.
“You know I don’t care? And did you also know I would quite willing drown both your skank asses in this pool?” They blanched, I loved the fact that everyone took my threats seriously. I may want to hurt them at times, but I’d never actually kill anyone, well with the exception of Chris. “Look just get lost I don’t have the patients for you two right now. I’m looking to hurt someone and you two are the top of that list.” They said no more and left. I laughed to myself.
I couldn’t get back to my peaceful state. They had ruined it. I did a couple of laps of the pool and pulled myself up on the ledge.
“Wow I think you look even more beautiful soaking wet then dry.” I looked up to see Chris he was fully clothed and had nothing with him, which led me to think he was here because of two no good hoeski’s.
“Why thanks now get lost.” I stood up and walked off to the showers to rinse off the pool water before going back to my room. I turned the water on and let it cascaded down my body the heat felt good on the parts of me that still ached. I turned it off and felt two arms go around my waist. At first I thought it was Phil, but I turned to see Chris.
“Get your hands off of me.” I shouted, but he pulled me tighter against him. I felt his hands roaming over my back grabbing my ass and I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t let this happen again. He ran a hand up my side as I froze, memories of that other time flooding my mind. He cupped my breast and kissed me. I wouldn’t let this happen, I would never go through it again. I brought my knee up hard and fast. As he let go I ran slipping on the pool side, but quickly getting up and running hard and fast. I imagined I could hear him following me, getting closer. I chanced a glance behind me as I ran down a corridor, but he wasn’t there. I stepped into an alcove and slid down the wall. My tears flowing freely, sobs racking my chest. I felt two hands on mine and almost screamed until I heard their voice.
“Quinn? What’s happened?” It was Anita. How did I explain?
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow Chris took things way to far!
Will Quinn spill to Anita?
Will Quinn be OK?
Find out when TMG returns! :D
Quinn Smackdown
Quinn Bathing Suit