The Rivals

Damn It All To Hell!

~Quinn~
Anita left us alone in the locker room and Phil just held me to him.
“I will never let Chris touch you again. But babe you need to realise that I love you. That nothing you can say, nothing you can do, have done or has been done will change that.” He whispered kissing my temple and rocking us. “Come on we’ll head back to the hotel and watch a real good movie and order take out.” He smiled. I smiled back feeling as though a weight had been holding had finally been lifted.
“No Phil it’s ok you had plans with Scott, go on I’ll be fine. Anita is just down the hall and Kofi is in the room next door if I need help or someone. I’ll be fine I promise.” He was reluctant to leave me, but eventually he agreed.
I was sat in the hotel room contemplating dropping by Paul and Anita’s room to see if they wanted to do anything when there was a knock on the door. I got up to find Anita I was kind of surprised as I had just been thinking about going to see her, but I could see she was upset I ushered her inside and sat her down on the couch.
“What happened?!” I asked my voice laced with concern. She sighed.
“I need you to do something for me.” She said.
“Only if you tell me what happened.” I needed to know so I could try and help if I could. She took a deep breath and looked at her feet.
“I went in the men’s dressing room looking for Paul and… and Barbra…” She was in floods of tears. I couldn’t believe he had done that after everything he had stood by her through. “Anyway, I need you to get my stuff, I just can’t see him right now.” I rubbed her back as she got her tears under control then held my hand out for her key. I marched over to her room and opened the door. Paul pounced the second I was through.
“Quinn?! Where’s Ani I need to talk to her!” He pleaded.
“Yeah well buddy, she don’t wanna talk to you!” I spat. “I’m not saying it was right for us to treat her the way we did, but I expected better from you. You’ve ripped her heart and crushed. And with that blonde piece of shit no less!”
“Please Quinn just here me out!” He begged as I started to collect Anita’s things.
“You have till I’ve finished packing.”
“I have to tell the truth it’s been going on a while, since you and her became frienimies…” He told me what had happened, I wasn’t sure if I believed him or not, but if it was true he shouldn’t have done it. Anita is a grown woman and capable of making her own decisions. “Please Quinn just make her understand, I love her. I love her so much. I can’t lose her.” I wavered maybe he was speaking the truth and just let his idiocy and his dick decide what to do.
“Fine I’ll ask if she wants to know, but I won’t force her to listen. So stay away until she comes to you.” I warned taking her stuff and walking out back to my room.
“Where’s Phil?” She asked me as I handed her stuff over.
“Visiting with a buddy of his. You’re welcome to stay here.” I offered, but she shook her head.
“I’ll just reserve a different room, it’s fine.” She insisted. I looked at her for a long time. Deliberating on whether to tell her what Paul had told me.
“Do you want to know what he said?” She shook her head.
“I should have seen this coming.” She mumbled. I just hugged her not knowing what to say as nothing would make her feel ok. But I could try and make her smile at least.
“It’s okay Anita, it’s going to be alright, I’ll beat her ass for you.” She chuckled.
“If anyone is going to bust up her little skank face it’s going to be me.” I knew she was only half joking Barbie was going to get the beat down of a life time.
“It’s going to be okay Anita, who knows? Maybe now you’ll get to meet a new guy who Barbie won’t get near. Matt Cardona’s nice-” She shook her head. I was kind of joking as Matt was a great guy, but I knew she’d be raw over this for a long time.
“For now I’m just going to sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Maybe I should insist she stops tonight.
“Anita-” I started.
“Goodnight Quinn.” And she left. Why did life always have to be hard for those who didn’t deserve it?
I woke up to Phil kissing my forehead.
“Hey sleeping beauty. Miss me?” I smiled stretching then pulled him down into a kiss.
“What do you think?” I asked as I let go. He chuckled. I frowned remembering Anita and what Paul said.
“What’s wrong? Quinn something happen last night?” He asked suddenly concerned.
“Yea, but not with me…” I told him everything that had happened and what Paul had said.
“I don’t know Quinn that sounds iffy to me. It’s not a very good excuse.”
“I know, but at the same time he was heartbroken and it seemed genuine.” I shrugged.
“I don’t know Quinn, but you can’t fix everything, so just be there for her if she needs you and leave it be. You to have made friends you don’t want to unravel all that know.” I nodded, he was right. I showered and got changed. When it was time to go Anita met us outside. She told me about tonight and how she would accompany me to the ring also how she wanted someone with her in case Paul tried anything. I was upset about this as Paul was the only one to stand by her and after all the warnings I gave Barbie she hadn’t heeded any of them. I promised to make Barbie pay dearly for this again, but Anita just shook her head.
“They deserve each other. Two worthless skanks.” I was really starting to feel that I should just tell her whether or not she wanted to listen, but just shook my head and ushered her to mine and Phil’s rental. As we drove there I again thought about telling her what Paul had said, but then wondered who they would get to watch Anita. We were told straight away by being greeted by Runnels.
“So you finally dropped the old man huh?” He cooed. Me and Phil glared at him.
“Can it pretty boy.” Phil growled. He was older than Paul, and I was only a year or so younger. Cody ignored him.
“So did you just realize you couldn’t resist me anymore or..?” Anita looked up at Cody and he realized he’d said something wrong.
“He cheated on me actually, so if you could never mention that name to me ever again, except to say he was hit by a truck, I’d be very much obliged.” Cody didn’t quite know what to say as she continued to stare at him. I thought best to intervene and again I wondered if he did actually care about her, but was unsure how to show it without being a complete ass, he was use to the divas throwing themselves at his feet.
“Well, we better get dressed.” I said, grabbing her shoulder and leading her away from as awkward situation.
“Thanks.” She said. “But what about-”
“Phil? He can handle himself, besides, what are team mates for?” I said with a huge smile. Which was true Phil would beat the ever living snot out of Cody if he tried anything. We changed and Anita went to leave, but I could see Paul outside he stopped her from closing the door and pulled her off. Good as it would come better from him than me. I left a few minutes later thinking I seriously needed to consider new ring gear and made my way to Phil’s locker room.
“Hey handsome.” I smiled as I walked in seeing him sat there still in his street clothes. I frowned I was sure he had a match.
“It’s been cancelled. If Anita wants someone to watch her back I can do it if she wants. Saves her having to put up with that idiot. And why did Teddy pick him he’s a heel we’re all faces.” I shrugged my shoulders and sprawled out on the couch my legs across his.
“Hmm what do you think to new ring gear?” He chuckled tugging at the strap on my chaps.
“I like these, it reveals without being completely skanky like Barbie.” I smiled at that until the door opened and I saw Anita. She looked…torn.
“Anita what’s happened? If it’s Barbara I’ll kill her!” She shook her head furiously and I glanced at Phil.
“I’ll wait outside.” Phil said kissing my head and leaving.
“Quinn…t-tell me what did Paul say to you?” Ah damn it all to hell. I motioned for her to come sit down and she did, for a second and then got up and began pacing like a caged animal.
“Ok I don’t know if it’s the truth, Phil wanted me to stay out of it in case I made things worse. But he says it’s Ace. That Ace came to Paul and said that if him and Barbie didn’t become an item that he would fire you. But Ani this started way back before Wrestlemania, when we were trying to put our differences aside. He said it had been going on since then. That the only reason he did it was because he wanted to protect you. You’d been through so much and things were looking up. He went along with it. I don’t understand it myself, I can’t understand why he didn’t come to you or Teddy. I don’t know like I said if it’s the actual truth, but it sounds that farfetched that it might be. But I do know he still loves you deeply. But my problem with is story doesn’t stop at not telling you, but at what Barbie could have over Ace to get him to black mail Paul into it. Really Anita you need to talk to him. He might be able to tell you more than I can.” She nodded I don’t think she knew what to make of it. I knew Phil would do a lot for me, to protect me, but not that he’d come to me and we’d deal with it together. “Look Anita you stay here, while I have my match. I’ll be ok with.” She cut across me.
“No I’m coming out with you.” She sounded empty. But I nodded and she followed me out. I was going against Hunico tonight as him and Camacho had become tag team partners. As we made it to gorilla I nodded at them, not really ever having anything to do with either of them. Then Cody sidled up to us.
“You listen to me right now Runnels. You come down with us your only purpose is to make sure no one and I mean no one gets near her. You’ll leave her be too or I will beat the shit out of you.”
“And then I’ll beat you even more.” Phil said wrapping his arms round me.
“Sure whatever you say boss lady.” He smirked at me then looked at Anita who hadn’t seemed to have noticed our little interaction and his smirk faltered his concern for Anita showing through. My music hit, Phil squeezed me gently and let me go down Anita and Cody following behind. I jumped in the ring posing as Anita and Cody walked round to the other side. Hunico and Camacho came down and Hunico got in the ring to booing from the crowd. My match was going well I was winning after a rough start. I hit a scissor kick and ran to the ropes, but Camacho grabbed my leg. Anita came to help, but Cody pushed past and got in Camacho’s face I watched bemusedly not noticing Anita move to the other side of the ring until I carried through with the body splash I had intended and saw Barbie in her face. Anita looked hurt and I’d had about as much as I could take with Barbie as I blew past Hunico and suicide dived over the top rope onto Barbie. I got up and smiled at Anita before climbed back in. I hit a leg drop to Hunico before ascending the ropes and hitting the Moonsault senton claiming the win. Only for Eve to flicker onto the monitor some paperwork in her hand. What now?
♠ ♠ ♠
What does Barbie have over Ace?
Is Paul telling the truth?
Does Cody really care about Anita?
And what does Eve have?
TMG brings the answers next time
SEG :D
Quinn