The Rivals

Thank You

~Quinn~
I was pacing like a mad woman. She had barely got through Jake and somehow managed to beat Nick, but god damn it she wouldn’t be able to beat Paul. She was exhausted and in pain I could see that and going against Paul was going to break her. I wanted to go out and stop it, but I wouldn’t lose my career like that. When she beat him I would beat the hell of those two tramps Barbara and Eve and find out what they had over Ace and put an end to the madness.
“Quinn, babe stop it you need to stay calm.” Phil said wrapping his arms round me holding me still.
“How can I? I trust Anita to the best she can out there, but beating Paul and saving both mine and hers career I don’t think she can.”
“Then if that happens, we’ll both go to TNA.”
“NO if that happens you’ll stay here, you’re finally on top and it is staying that way.” I told him defiantly.
“Quinn…What the hell do you want Runnels?!” I turned to look at Cody, he looked defeated and sad.
“What do you want Cody?” I asked less harsh than Phil had.
“Quinn…I need to talk to you privately.” I looked up at Phil and he nodded his head. He kissed my forehead before walking away some holding up five fingers telling me I had five minutes.
“So speak Cody.”
“I think…I think I’m in love with Anita and I just ruined it.” He struggled but then let it all spill out. “She captivates me and she’s so beautiful. I didn’t know how to approach her and when I did she was so indifferent, women usually threw themselves at me. But I was determined to win her over. Then I heard about Eve and Barbara and I thought it was the perfect way for me to get to her. But they took everything too far and I knew it would only crush Anita, but it was too late I was so far in. Now she’ll never want me. But Paul I wanted to tell her straight away, but those witches were so manipulative and vindictive especially Eve. Paul tried to make himself out to be a martyr and when Anita didn’t want to hear he told her I was involved. Quinn I really care about her I just want to protect her.” He actually started to cry.
“Cody...Cody it’s ok.” I soothed him pulling him into a hug and rubbed his back.
“But it won’t be I’ve ruined any chance of getting with her. He made her believe that the only reason I got to be her bodyguard was because I’m working with them. But Teddy heard me talking to Dustin and how I felt about Anita. Teddy felt that maybe I was just what she needed to get over Paul.” He was telling the truth, Teddy was like a father to Anita and Cody knew I would go ask him so he wouldn’t risk telling me a load of bullshit.
“I’ll talk to her, she’ll take some time to come round, but I’ll talk to her. Oh God!” Cody turned to look at the monitor. Nattie and April were distracting the ref, but Eve and Barbie had snuck down leaving Beth and Sarona to deal with them. In the ring Paul was setting up for the 450 splash. “She’s going to lose!” My heart dropped if I went down there they are guaranteed to fire me and then Anita just for the sake of it.
“I’ll be back!” Cody shouted bolting through the curtain and down to the ramp.
“What the hells he doing?”
“I’m hoping Phil that he’s going to help Anita.” And he did. Cody pulled Anita away from Paul and pulled him down. He kicked him and hit Cross Rhodes. He ran back up the ramp Anita looking confused. April and Nattie left the ref and as he turned back round Anita pinned Paul one, two and three! As Cody came through the curtains I hugged him again.
“Thank you Cody and I promise I will talk to Anita.” He got a little flushed and rubbed the back of his neck.
“Just let her know how sorry I am. Please.” I nodded and he walked away.
“What?” Phil asked pulling me into him as I grinned like crazy person.
“Well I’m not losing my job and Cody well he’s pretty smitten with Anita. I think he’s telling the truth about him unwittingly being dragged into it all.”
“Quinn, just be careful. Please.” I smiled and kissed him softly.
“Don’t worry all I’m going to do is tell her what Cody told me. She can make her own mind up. She may want nothing to do with either of them.” I turned back to the monitor as Anita picked up a mic.
“Well Eve I just beat your challenge, I beat all my opponents, what else? You gonna put Quinn against Kane?” Don’t give her ideas, I panicked for a second sure that Eve would actually do it. “I’ve had enough of your pathetic games! Next time you pull a stunt like this I will end you.” She dropped her mic and walked away.
“ANITA!” I shouted happily pulling her into a hug. “Thank god you won, I thought you might lose to Paul.” She looked at her feet.
“Honestly I think I would have. I was so tired. But then Cody…” I nodded and started to walk towards the locker room waving to Phil.
“I know, he was telling me his side of events when I saw you losing. I was going to come down, but he said he’d take care of it. And he did.” I didn’t want to push her into knowing what Cody had said, but thankfully she asked.
“And what did Cody have to say? I suppose I best hear it before more drama comes from it.” She asked a little irritated. So I told her all he had told me.
“And well there’s been a few times that I’ve seen Cody’s concern for your well-being peek through. My personal feelings on it are he’s never not been wanted and for you to not pay him much attention other than to get annoyed with him it frustrated him. And when he’s come across Eve and Barbara’s plan he’s been sucked in and it’s got too far along for him to come out of it looking good. But he doesn’t know what they have over Ace so he’s not as in it as they would all like us to think.” She frowned confused by it all.
“I just don’t know Quinn.”
“I know I’m still somewhat sceptical and Phil definitely is. You don’t have to do anything Anita. If you want I can get them all to back off.”
“What you can actually make sure him and Paul leave me be?” I smirked.
“Anita, it’s me Quinn. The only Broski with more pulling power than me is Matt. I’m friends with most of the guys and gals here. I can assure you they will keep their distance. Hey do you wanna go out tonight just us girls Beth, Nattie, April and Sarona?”
“Why?”
“Well they have been nagging me about it. I think they want to make amends and actually bother to get to know you. None of us ever did before so now we want to do it right. It’s not feeling guilty or pitying you we want to get to know you because you’re a good person and they like you.” She was unsure. “Come on I promise it’ll be fun and Phil’s meeting Scott again so we can use them as an excuse if you feel awkward and want to leave. Please?” I stuck my bottom lip out and she laughed.
“Oh alright fine, just us girls though right?” I nodded.
“I promise.” I left her then saying I would meet her in the lobby in an hour and half and I left to go get changed.
♠ ♠ ♠
What has Jericho been up to he’s been quiet to quiet?
Will Anita choose between Cody and Paul or tell them both to go to hell?
Will Eve and Barbie try again?
And how will the meal go?
Only TMG can reveal
SEG :D
Quinn Going Out