The Rivals

It's Not Your Fault

~Quinn~
I just stepped out of my room to grab some ice for my Pepsi and saw Cody come past looking a mess.
“Whoa Cody wait!” He stopped and turned round tears in his eyes again. I never realised he was so sensitive until now. “Cody what’s wrong? What’s happened?” I went and put my arm round him and led him to my room. I sat him down on the couch and sat down next to him.
“I-I had a moment…” He struggled getting it out as he tried to stay in control of his emotions.
“With Anita, I know she told me.” He nodded. I started to rub his arm soothingly.
“I went to tell her how I feel. Get it out there…to see if it was just a moment or if she…”
“Wanted to make it more than a moment.” I finished for him and he nodded again.
“Yeah, but he was there. Paul.”
“What?! Paul was in her room? What is she doing?!” I sighed and took in Cody. He looked so defeated. “Hey it’ll be ok.” I hugged him and let him cry on my shoulder. I made soothing noises hoping to make him stop. I couldn’t believe Anita would take Paul back in so quickly.
“No its not.” He pulled away and looked up at me. “They have something on me. “ He looked uncomfortable.
“Cody if you don’t tell me I can’t help.”
“Why do you even want to help?” He sniffled looking down at his feet.
“Cos it’s the kind of person I am. And you’ve been making amends lately. If I can help I will.” He looked up locking his eyes with mine.
“They caught me with…” He fidgeted his eyes still locked with mine. “Eve caught me with Spice, she said at the time that she’d keep it secret. And that was fine.” I tried not to judge him knowing full well that Spice was another name for Synthetic Cannabinoids. “But it’s made worse by the fact that they weren’t mine. She’s using it against me, but to step up and say it wasn’t mine will only drop who’s they were in it. I had taken them from him so he wouldn’t overdose.”
“So I can confirm this by going to the actual owner of the drugs? I’m guessing it one of the other guys?” Cody looked at me like I was crazy.
“I can’t tell you! You’re straight edge and you’d just snitch. I’m trying to cover for him not get him suspended.” I guess I couldn’t blame him for not trusting me he didn’t know me well enough.
“Cody relax, just because I’m straight edge doesn’t mean that I judge everyone and hate anyone who isn’t. I only ask so I can prove it and then I can deal with those two skanks. They can’t go around blackmailing everybody.” I took his hand and tried to make him see I had no intention of snitching on anyone.
“….Ted.”
“Dibiase? Really? Wow I never thought Ted would. Ok well Ted isn’t going to lie to me if I ask him. So they’re black mailing you with drugs and fear over your best friend’s drug problem.” I stated.
“See there’s nothing that can be done.” I shook my head.
“No there is, but I need to find out what they have on Ace. Then I can reveal it or pass it on so it’s dealt with putting them two out of business. Cody just relax, I’ll talk to Anita. And we’ll sort this out one way or another.” I smiled when he was calm enough and relaxed I sent him on his way.
Anita had clearly been avoiding me since our workout the day after I spoke with Cody. She went all out and we were both too exhausted to talk and since then I hadn’t seen her. However on Raw she had no choice it was our first time as an official tag team. I was changing in the locker room in to my new gear a black crop top, a pair of denim shorts, black ripped leggings and converse high tops covered in straps when she came in.
“Hey Anita.” I smiled over at her.
“Hi so you ready?” She didn’t look over at me.
“Of course I am. So…” I didn’t want to come across as interfering.
“What?”
“A little birdie told me Paul was in your room the other night.” She blushed lightly.
“He came to see me, but look it’s not important.” I bit my lip this was pushing things.
“It was to Cody.” She paled clearly she felt bad for him and maybe right now was not the time to bring it up. “Come on we have to get out there we got a match against Meyer and Tuft.” I pulled her from the locker room. We stood at gorilla with Phil and waited as the guys went down first. Then our joint music hit Krawling by Linkin Park. The crowd didn’t really react not knowing who it was until Justin announced us and then they hit the roof. We came out together and ran down either side slapping fans hands and sliding into the ring before climbing the turnbuckle to pose for the fans. It looked like Tyler Reks was going first. I bumped fists with Anita and faced him. Charles Robinson the ref for the match signalled for the bell and Tyler didn’t wait to give me the advantage he just came at me. I sidestepped him and grabbed him hitting a double knee back breaker. I went to work on his back and applied the Lotus Lock. He eventually powered out of it and slammed me to the mat. But being near our corner allowed me to tag Anita in and the second I did Bobbie chants broke out. She sprung straight on to the ropes and hit a head scissors takedown. She followed up with a springboard Moonsault and went for the pin and got a two. She went for a submission but Tyler countered and whipped her into their corner. Curt tagged in and pulled her from the ropes and hit a clothesline then picked her back up Irish whipping her into the ropes. I tagged myself in though they didn’t realise it. Anita ducked his attempt at a clothesline and I hit a missile drop kick. Tyler climbed in and we took him down with a double Enzuigiri.
“Poetry in motion?” I asked and she nodded. We picked him up and whipped him into our corner as I dropped to my knees. Anita ran forward using my back to give her some height and hit a leg lariat in the corner to Curt. He toppled forward on to his back as Anita climbed out and pulled Tyler down so he couldn’t get involved. I climbed the turnbuckle and hit a Moonsault senton for the pin and the win. Anita got back in and we had our arms raised in victory. We both took to the ropes to celebrate. I felt so exhilarated. This was what I had always wanted. The chance to fight in the men’s division. If they had the cruiser weights division still I would have gladly stepped into that, but the WWE had long since got rid of it. We got backstage celebrating all the way over our first official victory as a tag team.
“That was fantastic Anita!” I shouted pulling her into a hug once backstage. It was too soon for the fans to see we were friends so far now we were still frienimies.
“We were, that was great!” I turned and hugged Phil kissing him.
“I’ll get changed and then come wait for you to finish your match.” Anita and I walked to the locker room in relative silence.
“So Cody came to you last week?”
“No I saw him run past on the verge of tears.” Her head dropped guilt etched on her face. She didn’t ask again and I didn’t want to push just yet. I had just changed in to my street clothes when Hoeski one and two walked on in.
“What the fuck do you want?” I snapped.
“Oh Quinn that’s not very nice.” Eve pouted mockingly.
“No we are being nice, but when we smash your face in then we won’t be nice!” Anita shot back.
“Oh we are so scared.” Barbie said shaking her hands. Something was up they would never so recklessly taunt us. They knew full well the kind of damage we can deal them. I ignored what they were saying and let Anita blast back at them. I looked between Barbie and Eve although they were both being smart mouthed I could see the fear in Barbie’s eyes. Clearly they were hoping something would work and were trying to give someone time.
“What’s happening?” I glared at them.
“What are you talking about? We aren’t doing anything!” Barbie shouted. I definitely knew something was up. I went to go past, but they both blocked me. Anita was straight to my side. We knocked them out of the way I yanked open the door and ran straight into Sarona, Paul was watching from a little ways away.
“Quinn! Its Chris!” I didn’t need her to say anything else panic taking over and worry as to what he must be doing to Phil. I ran to gorilla, what could he be doing that would have even Sarona so worked up I burst on to the ramp. Chris was kneeling over Phil a bottle of whiskey in his hand and was trying to pour it into his mouth.
“NO!! Get the hell away!” I ran to him and he dropped the bottle backing away. I didn’t care about him right now, just Phil. I dropped down beside him as he spat out the alcohol that had violated his mouth. “Baby oh god.” I helped him sit up wiping at the alcohol round his mouth when a shadow fell over us. The crowd was in uproar with what had taken place. I looked up and saw Chris. My shock and concern for Phil quickly turned to anger. I stood up and lunged at him only to be hit in the mid-section with the baseball bat he must have used to take down Phil. I fell to my knees gasping for breath. Phil was trying to get to me, but Chris just slung me over his shoulder and started for backstage. I came through Anita hollering and struggling with the skanks.
“PAUL HELP HER!” But Paul just stood there. Chris started to jog my stomach was rolling. Then I was dropped I looked up to see Cody fighting with Chris. I pushed myself back to the wall breathing deep and fast. I pushed up as Chris managed to get the upper hand and punched Cody in the face he stumbled back. I stepped up and lashed out with a kick to his head and he went straight down. I pulled on Cody saw his nose bleeding so I pinched it and made my way back to Phil’s locker room. I sat him down and cleaned him up. I was still shocked and worried I hoped Phil was ok.
“Thank you Cody. Will you wait here I need to go see if Phil is ok.” He nodded.
“I’m here Quinn.” I turned and flung myself at him kissing him over and over.
“Phil… Baby I’m so sorry. I should have helped, should have been…” He stopped me by kissing me.
“Quinn you have nothing to be sorry for, Chris however is a dead man.” He looked past me to Cody glaring unsure what he was doing here.
“Cody helped me get away from him. Paul just stood there even though Anita shouted for him to help me. Chris punched him in the face, but I was up and well he’s probably got a concussion right now.” I smiled and went back to Cody taking the tissue from his nose to see if it was still bleeding. “Ok it’s stopped. And Cody thank you.” I smiled and hugged him. Phil walked over and held his hand out.
“You’re alright Runnels.” Cody took his hand and shook it.
“Well Quinn’s trying to help me out of the mess I’m in and I couldn’t let Chris take her.” He looked at his feet and sighed. Anita took that moment to come in.
“Thank god you’re ok! Phil you ok? What’s Cody doing here?”
“Cody helped me unlike Paul. What the fuck is his problem?” I snapped and felt guilty it wasn’t her fault. “Sorry Anita it’s not your fault.”
“No but I would like to know exactly what his problem is. I can’t believe he just let it happen. I’m going to find out what is going on.” She said anger in her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what is Paul’s problem?
Will Chris try again?
What will happen between Anita, Cody and Paul?
And will they ever find out what Eve and Barbie have over Ace?
TMG reveals next :D