The Rivals

That's What Terrified Me

||Anita||
As Quinn took the mike from me and started yelling at Eve all I could do was blush. Kissy faces? Did they know? Cody had been being an asshole and going on about how I should dump Paul, that’s what he’d been saying. I’d told him to shove it, and he’d kept at it. I had almost been on the verge of tear by the time he was done. It was horrible. He’d kept saying how Paul didn’t love me, how he’d never loved me. I knew the skanks had probably put him up to it, but it still hurt.
I snapped back to reality when Eve grabbed the mike again. “So Bobbie, did you wait for more, or less than ten minutes after Paul dumped you to sleep with Cody?” I felt tears sting my eyes, I knew they were playing head games, but I couldn’t help it.
They were right.
Quinn whispered for me to focus as Eve kept going. “So, does Paul know? How did it feel to go through all this work and he dumps you for Kelly again? Why would he ever want you to begin with?” I hopped onto the apron as she just kept going and going. “So did Cody come onto you or did you crawl to him and beg him to sleep with you?” Quinn was about to go in, but I smacked her on the back and slid in the ropes.
“Shut your whore mouth.” I snapped. Eve looked terrified, and she should be, I was going to rip her face off. The bell rang and I just grabbed her around the throat, rage coursing through me. I threw her into the corner post, hopefully breaking something. She screamed out in pain as I ran over and did a flip off her face.
“Bobbie, cut it out!” Quinn snapped. “Just win the match!” But it was like Quinn was a thousand miles away as I grabbed Eves face and slammed it into the corner post again and again, screaming at the top of my lungs.
“Bobbie!” The ref pulled me off Eve and I saw her nose was busted and bleeding really badly.
“Get up Eve. Get up Hoeski.” I screamed. Eve was cradling her nose and trying to get to Barbra, but I had no intention of letting her go anywhere. I kicked her right in the ribs and she doubled over in pain. “Who’s weak now?!” I screamed, I could feel tears forming in my eyes, but I didn’t care. This was all her fault. I threw her into the ropes and hit a flying roundhouse. I was going to the top rope when I felt Quinn smack me.
“That’s a tag, Bobbie, get out of the ring.” I looked at Quinn, who was concerned to say the least. I hopped out of the ring and went down to the floor, running to the other side of the ring where Barbra was trying to hide behind the announcers table. While Quinn pinned Eve I grabbed Barbra and smashed her face into the table over and over again. I felt a hand and I was eventually restrained, but I kept trying to get to Barbra, fighting whoever it was.
“Let me go! They’re going to pay for this!”
“Ani, let it go.” Cody? I pulled back and glared at him, having to keep up that I hated him and to make sure the skanks thought it was real. I shoved past him and stormed offstage. As soon as I was back I collapsed and took a deep breath. Now that the adrenaline was gone I was exhausted. I heard someone come sit by me and looked over to see Quinn.
“That was…interesting.” She said.
“Sorry.” I said simply. “I just kind of…snapped.”
“Oh, believe me, I don’t care, it was beautiful. Ace on the other hand, will have your, well, our asses for this.” She looked over at me. “But it was well worth it.”
As we both smiled we watched as Barbra and Eve were both brought in on stretches, Cody walking with them. He looked over at me and our eyes locked, but then he turned back to Barbra and Eve.
“Whatever they have, they better tell him soon.” I whispered.
“So…Why was he in your room?” Quinn asked, her devilish smile shining as we got up and started walking to the locker room.
“We were just talking.” I lied, my face red.
“Bullshit.” She said simply. “So are you two together?” I sighed.
“I still don’t really know.” Quinn frowned.
“Well, separation makes the heart grow fonder, right?”
“Right.” I said as we walked into the locker room. We had just changed and were walking out only to be greeted by Johnny.
“Rosewood, my office, now.” He growled.
“This isn’t your-” I started, but Otunga walked up behind Johnny and I looked back at Quinn as I followed Johnny to a small office. He shut the door and turned about fifty shades of red.
“What in the Hell were you thinking Rosewood?! You broke Eve’s nose and three of her ribs, she’s out for six weeks!”
“Well you can make her fight like you did me.” I snapped.
“Watch it.” He threatened. “Unless you want Cody to defend his title in a six on one handicap steel cage match!”
“I hate Cody-” I started
“Don’t expect me to believe that bullshit. I know everything that goes on with my superstars and him slithering out of your room is definitely something I would know!” I turned white and felt my knees go weak. There was no one there, how could he have known that?
“How-”
“Don’t worry, Barbra and Eve don’t know. Just Otunga and I.”
“Why are you helping me?”
“Because, I hate them even more than I hate you. But you need to watch it. You pull something like that again and we’ll both be in some serious shit. Now get out.” I ran my hands though my hair and stormed out to see Quinn only a few feet away.
“What the Hell happened?”
“He told me that if the Hoeskis tell everyone the dirt on him, he’ll give away Cody.”
“Fuck.” She muttered. “How did he see you two?”
“I don’t know, I’ve been running over it again and again in my head and no one was there.”
“What about when he went in?” She asked. I bit my lip.
“I don’t know.” I admitted.
“Well, I heard that Barbie and Eve are both in the hospital, so we might be good for a few days.
“You mean we might get some peace and quiet?” I teased. Quinn laughed.
“Actually though.” She muttered. “I’m going to go wait for Phil; I’ll meet you at the hotel, okay?”
“Alright, see you later.” I said, waving as I walked away.
“See you!” As I was almost outside a door opened and I felt someone pulled me inside a dark room. I went to scream, but they covered my mouth.
“Ani, it’s me.”
“Cody? Jesus, don’t scare me like that!” As my eyes got used to the darkness Cody faded into my line of vision. He gently kissed me and smiled.
“God I miss you.” He said. He reached past me and locked the door to what I now realized was an abandoned dressing room. I walked over and flipped on the makeup lights, casting the whole room in a reddish glow. I sat down on the ledge of the table and looked at Cody.
“So did you find anything out?” I asked. Cody sat down next to me.
“Not yet, they trust me now though. They saw what I said…did to you and…” He turned to me, his brilliant blue gray eyes shining. “Ani, I’m so sorry.”
“Cody, you did what you had to-”
“That doesn’t make it okay.” I reached over and hugged him to me. I remembered seeing Paul pinned against the wall today, the look in his eyes when he saw me, and gripped Cody even closer to me. “Ani, I really am sorry.”
“Cody, like I said, you did what you had to. You’re keeping me, Quinn, and Phil safe by giving yourself up to those leeches.” He wouldn’t take his eyes off me and I sighed. “I should go.” I said.
“No, please Ani.” He said, cradling my face in his hands. “Please don’t go.” Then he pressed his lips back to mine. He sat me on the ledge and stood in front of me, wrapping my legs around him and unzipped my jacked and he set it down next to me and slid it away. He ran his hands down my sides and began to slide my dress up. I felt my face turn red as I pulled away and tried to pull it back down.
“Cody I have to go.” I whispered. “Someone already saw you come into my hotel room. We don’t know if anyone’s helping the Hoeskis-” Cody started kissing my neck and words left me as I whimpered and felt my heart start thudding.
“Barbie and Eve are in the hospital, I don’t even think Chris is here tonight, Paul probably is already headed for the hills, there’s no one else to worry about.”
“Cody please.” I murmured as a chill raced through me, this was taking about five hundred percent of my will power to tell him no right now.
“Stop talking.” He whispered, and pressed his lips back to mine and continued slipping my dress up, tearing off his shirt and hugging me closer to him.
“Cody, if you care about me, then stop.” Cody sighed and angrily pulled back.
“Why? Am I not good enough for you now or something?”
“No it’s not that-”
“It’s because I’m not Paul.” Cody said simply.
“Don’t be ridiculous.”
“He was the one who pointed it out you know, we both are about the same height, good looking, black hair-”
“You know that’s not it.” I started.
“Then what is it?!” He demanded. “Every time I get close to you you find some excuse to push me away again!”
“Please.” I stood up and walked over to him. “It’s not you; it’s just that your timing is always terrible.” I tried to joke, but his frown didn’t budge.
“I’m crazy about you Ani, and if you don’t feel the same way I’ll walk out of here right now and I’ll never bother you again, I promise.” He said finally.
“Don’t go.” I pleaded. I hugged him to me. “Please, I need you right now.”
“Then let me…” Cody’s face was bright red. “Let me love you. I know Paul hurt you, but I won’t.”
“Cody…” I whispered. “Maybe we can meet at a different hotel or something, come back at different times…” Cody roughly pulled me against him.
“Or we could just do it now.” He said, running his lips down the side of my neck. He laid me down on the floor and began to slide my dress off when we both heard my phone vibrate in my coat. Cody sighed and stood up, grabbing it and tossing it to me.
“Sorry.” I said, but he just silently slipped his shirt back on and sat by the mirror. “Anita.” I said quietly.
“Hey, where are you?” Quinn asked.
“The stadium, why?”
“I could have sworn I saw Chris slithering about, if you’re with Cody, get out of there now.” I leapt up.
“Where are you?” I asked.
“Trainer’s room.”
“I’ll be right there.” I hung up and turned to Cody. “Quinn saw Chris, so I’d better get out of here. I guess I’ll…see you later.” I fixed my dress and grabbed my jacket. I was about to open the door when Cody grabbed my arm.
“Holiday Inn, the one right off the interstate, one hour.” I blushed, but nodded quickly before running out and finding Quinn in the trainer’s room with Phil. Quinn was getting her ribs double checked.
“How’s he doing?” she asked as she hopped down and we started for the parking garage.
“He’s understandably stressed about this whole thing.” I said.
“You unstress him?” Phil asked with an evil smile. Quinn punched him in the shoulder.
“Leave her alone. Besides, it’s not like you’re a nun.” She teased. I blushed as I got into my rental.
“Hey, I think I’m going to go get some food, I’ll see you two tomorrow.” I said as they hopped in their car.
“Alright, night!” they said waving. I got onto the interstate and pulled into the Holiday Inn. I saw Cody’s rental. There was a note on the windshield that said “503”. I swallowed my nervousness. Was I just using Cody to replace Paul? They did look quite similar, except Cody didn’t have a beard, but that was pretty much it. As I got into the elevator I thought about when Cody and I had almost kissed. The look in his eyes, the butterflies in my stomach, I couldn’t fake those. I really did care about Cody,
And that’s what terrified me.
As I got to room 503 I took another deep breath before I knocked. Cody opened the door and smiled, pulling me inside and locking our lips together. He flipped off the lights and pulled me over to the bed, gently laying me down, his lips never leaving mine. He ran his hands up and down my sides, sending shivers through my entire body. He then slid off his shirt and pulled my dress off over my head. I ran my hands down his chest until he grabbed my hands and pinned them above my head, kissing me so intensely my head was racing. Then he just pulled back and looked at me, brushing a piece of hair out of my face.
“You have no idea how happy I am you came.” He whispered. I rolled over on top of him.
“You have no idea how happy I am that I did.” I said, smiling. And as we spent the night together in each other’s arms I knew that no matter what Eve, Barbra, Chris, and Paul threatened to do I would never let them take Cody from me. I was so happy, as happy as I’d been with Paul, but, a different kind of happy. The kind of happy that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
The kind of happiness they call love.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWWWWW
Okay, you know it's coming, so here we go...
Will Eve and Barbra get their revenge?
Why is Chris being so quiet?
Will Johnny keep Ani and Cody's secret?
ONLY SEG CAN TELL YOU NOW!
Xoxo TMG