The Rivals

Where Were They?

~Quinn~
Something needed to be done about those skanks. Beating them to a pulp was only going to make things worse in the long run. I decided to set up a meeting with Stephanie McMahon. I need help and in a situation like this I felt it needed a woman’s touch plus I don’t think Paul her husband was my biggest fan. While Phil went to the gym I went to meet Stephanie. I hadn’t told him as he would have warned me against it.
“Hello Stephanie.”
“Davro, what is it you actually want?” Stephanie asked sitting down opposite me and ordering a coffee.
“I’m coming to you for help. You know me well enough to know I don’t ask for help lightly. But things have gone too far. Eve and Barbara are basically running things. Setting up matches left, right and centre. Paul and Chris are going around terrorising us. You saw what Chris did to Phil last week and he tried to take me.” She eyed me as I hesitated about Chris taking me. “I’m not entirely sure how you can help, but you’re a McMahon and I know were there’s a will a McMahon will find the way.”
“Really Quinn, I don’t agree with what Barbara and Eve are doing, but I have no reason to interfere…”
“But you could, what would you do if it was Paul and Chris was terrorising him and you? If I was possibly the only person that could help you?” She looked at me for a long time.
“Look I could try and talk to them…”
“No the time for talking has ended and it could make things worse for Anita. They have something…they’re blackmailing Laurinaitis.” Stephanie’s face blanched. “We don’t exactly know what it is they have on him and quite frankly I don’t care except for that if I find out it could stop them and that is my goal.” Stephanie seemed tense she took a deep breath.
“So you don’t know what they have on him? You’d forget that so as long as you, Phil and Anita…”
“And Cody.” I added
“And Cody are left alone then you don’t care a damn about what they have on him?” She seemed stress by this.
“Well you know I’d be intrigued to find out what it is, but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. I just want this all to stop…You know don’t you? Stephanie, tell me what it is!” She grabbed her purse.
“Look I’ll see what I can do, but I can’t make promises.” She started to walk away and I stood up to go after her but gasped at the pain in my ribs for standing so quickly. When I got outside Stephanie was gone. I took a slow walk back to the hotel and as I walked up the steps Anita came barrelling out.
“Oh my god Quinn! You’re ok! Where have you been? Phil is tearing through the damn hotel trying to find you.” She grabbed me in a hug and I winced.
“Ouch ribs Anita, and why didn’t he just call my cell?” I put my hand in my bag, but it wasn’t there. “Shit I left it in the room. I’m sorry to have you guys worried Anita. I…”
“Chris told Phil he had you and that if he hit him then Chris wouldn’t tell Phil where you are.” She kept looking me over to see if I was hurt.
“Anita I’m fine Chris on the other hand, not so much. Where is he?”
“In the bar, drinking and rubbing it in Phil’s face every time Phil checks in there to see if you’re there.” I walked into the lobby with her.
“Can you get Phil?” She nodded as I walked into the hotel bar.
“Quinn! You sexy little thing! Come to find yourself a real ma…” I swung back and punched him straight on the nose. It immediately gushed blood I smiled and turned before gripping my hand as it hurt like hell. I was crushed into someone’s body and as I breathed in and winced I knew it was Phil as I could smell his cologne. And then he started to shake. I pulled back and saw he wasn’t sure whether to cry, laugh or get extremely angry.
“Phil…” He stopped me crashing his lips to mine.
“Where the hell were you?! Anita says he didn’t have you.”
“I went to…the gym.” I was suddenly aware that Chris was eaves dropping and that there were plenty of other stars around and I was no longer sure who to trust. “Come on I need to get some ice for my hand and my ribs, crushed twice in the space of five minutes they ache like crazy.” I pulled Phil from the restaurant and saw Anita. I motioned for her to follow us. As we got into our room Phil ran his hands all over me checking if I was ok, but making things tighten deep down and although I tried to hide it Anita saw and boy did she look uncomfortable, then Phil hugged me again careful of my ribs and the awkwardness passed.
“I went to see Stephanie.”
“McMahon? Why the hell would you do that Quinn?” Phil snapped as Anita passed some ice for my hand and ribs.
“We need help! I can’t watch Chris attack you again and try to force drink down your throat! And I’m sick to death of those whores getting involved and interfering in mine and Anita’s matches. I think I struck a chord with her either that or she knows what they have on Ace.” Phil went to say something, but Anita cut across.
“But what could they have on him that she would know about?”
“I don’t know Anita, maybe they have a deal going some way to screw her brother out of the family inheritance…no that makes no sense.” I huffed. “I don’t know blackmailing is beyond me. I got a problem I’ll the block off whoever’s causing the it.” We sat quietly for a while trying to think what could be going on that would have even Stephanie on edge.
“I’m going to go back to mine. I’ll talk to you guys later and Quinn?”
“Yeah Anita?”
“Next time you go somewhere take your damn phone.” She smirked making me laugh.
“Aye aye captain.” I mock saluted her and she waved before leaving. Phil pulled me to lie down beside him.
“I was looking for you and Chris saw it. He told me he’d got you and you were all his now. I was so afraid, I was imagining all the horrible things he could have done to you,” I placed a finger on his lips and held him to me.
“I’m sorry, I really am. I should have told you, but I know you and what you say when it comes to the McMahon family. But Phil, I’m ok baby.” I smiled softly and pressed my lips to his. He wrapped his arms carefully around me pressing a kiss to my forehead before resting his head against mine.
“I love you Quinn, I don’t ever want to lose you I don’t know what I’d do without you.” My chest swelled and I pressed myself closer to him.
“Love you too Phil, you will never lose me so you’ll never have to find out what you’d do without me.”
We ended up falling asleep and spending the rest of the day in bed. Stephanie’s behaviour and what she must know was grinding on me like crazy. Whatever it was either involved her directly or the McMahon family as a whole. And that was all I could think about even sat in the locker room waiting for Anita to get here as we would be finding out what our punishment would be for what happened last week. The blackmail was all I could think about. I was so lost in my thoughts that I actually didn’t see Anita come in or get changed.
“Hello earth to Quinn, come in Quinn?” I blinked and smiled up at her.
“Sorry, it’s just this whole mess. All I can think about is what Stephanie or the McMahons involvement must be in this blackmail. Its driving me up the wall.”
“Well I’ve been thinking about it myself and…”
“Quinn, Anita you’re up.” Martin said sticking his head round the door.
“Ok thanks Martin, we’ll go out and grab something to eat and talk about this.”
“Yeah sure Quinn.” We walked down to gorilla and out as our music hit. And Victorious Secrets was announced along with Johnny Boy. We slapped the fans hands, posed and climbed in the ring facing Ace.
“Bobbie, Quinn your actions last week were reprehensible, you need to be punished. Eve is out for 6 weeks and Kelly is afraid to come to work.” I snatched up a mic.
“Aww well that sounds like an unsafe working environment to me, I think we should stage a walk out, that’s what you’d do isn’t it?” I smirked, I really should cut the attitude, but he ticks me off he was to blame for everything that has happened just as much as Eve and Barbie.
“I’d watch your mouth Quinn, you should be begging for forgiveness.”
“And why in all that is holy would I do that?”
“Simple your opponent tonight is The Devils Favourite Demon…KANE!” I blanched, Glenn was a decent guy, but he wouldn’t hesitate in smashing me into little pieces. “That’s better, care to beg for another match?” Anita was holding my arm.
“Hell no! Bring him down, I’ll fight him. I Never back down, Never give up and Never stop fighting!” Anita got the crowd cheering.
“Oh I wouldn’t look so smug Bobbie you face the World’s Strongest Man…Mark Henry. Let’s see if you keep that attitude when they have finished with you. Oh and Quinn your match is now!” He shouted just as Kane’s pyrotechnics went off.
“Anita I don’t care what you have to do just don’t let Phil down here.”
“But Quinn, you can’t be serious about fighting him, your ribs haven’t healed he’s going to destroy you!” She said getting in my face.
“Anita you honestly telling me you aren’t going to get in the ring with Mark?”
“Well no of course I’m going to fight…Ok I’ll do what I can.”
“Good.” I hugged her briefly and let her go just as Kane got into the ring. He glared at me through the holes in his mask. This was Glenn’s problem, outside the ring he was a gentlemen, but inside he was a freaking monster. The bell rang and I tried my best to avoid him. Going in for sneaky kicks, but I stupidly got cocky when I dropped him to his knees. He grabbed at me and stood up lifting me for the Chokeslam. I wriggled free and lashed out at his knee, but he swung hitting me with his arm sending me flying on to my back. He was quickly up and lifted me hitting a side walk slam. Pain shot up through my ribs and I gasped for breath. He backed up and I knew he was getting ready for the Chokeslam again, but I wouldn’t stay down I had to get up. Just as I made it to my feet Randy entered the ring taking Kane down. He hit an RKO and Kane rolled from the ring, Randy chasing after him. I let my legs give way and knelt sucking in air. Mike Chioda the ref for the match crouched down beside me.
“Quinn you ok?” I nodded and he helped me stand up and walked me backstage. Anita and Phil were nowhere to be seen. I expected both if not one of them to be waiting for me. I wanted to go to the locker room to see if they were there, but Mike insisted I go to the trainer’s room.
Where were they?
♠ ♠ ♠
Where are Anita and Phil?
Will that be it for Quinn’s punishment?
What does Stephanie know about the blackmail?
TMG reveals next :D
Quinn Meeting
Quinn Street Clothes