The Rivals

Please Wake Up

||Anita||
I took in a sharp breath as I followed Quinn’s eyes and saw Paul standing there. He beckoned for me to come over to him. I swallowed nervously and looked at Quinn, unsure whether we should run or if I should go to him.
“Go on what’s the worst he can do? I’ll be in Phil’s locker room when you’re done.” She said smiling. I nodded.
“Okay, just be careful Quinn.” This bullshit was almost over, but probably more dangerous for us than ever before. I knew Chris wouldn’t lose Quinn lying down, and if Eve and Barbra found out what was going on…. I shuddered at the thought as I walked over to Paul.
When I had talked to Cody he just insisted that everything he said about Paul using me was true, he just didn’t know why. I sighed, what could Paul even use me for? I’m not a champion of any sort. I only had a title for about two weeks before losing it again. In the grand scheme of things, I’m not that important to the company.
But I thought about what Quinn had said too, about the only way the skanks finding out about my nightmares was Paul or I telling them, I know I sure as Hell didn’t. So that meant it had to be Paul, there was just no other option. I put on a brave face as I locked eyes with him. “What do you want?” I asked. He looked hurt.
“Ani, I wanted to see you, you don’t have to be so cold.” He said.
“Well, you saw me. Now goodbye.” I started to walk away, but he grabbed my shoulder.
“Ani, what’s wrong with you?”
“What’s wrong with me?” I snapped. I looked around and shoved Paul into a small dressing room, shutting the door behind me. “The only people who could have told the skank twins about my nightmares are me and you. I know I didn’t tell them, so you better start explaining.”
“Ani, I would never tell them that! After I’ve we’ve been through why would I ever do that to you?” I thought about what Cody had thought Paul’s only reason would be and spat his words at Paul.
“Because you knew if you helped them Johnny would get you promoted more. And you have been.”
“I worked hard to be promoted more, that has nothing to do with whatever the Hell they’re up to.” He said. “I’m going to guess that that’s not even what you believe.” He said, sighing.
“I don’t know what you’re talki-”
“I’m talking about your little fuck buddy Cody tearing you farther and farther away from me.” He snapped. “How could you do that to me Ani? I love you and your side of the bed wasn’t even cold before you hopped in the sack with that little slime ball creep!” Paul slammed his hands on either side of me, pinning me to the wall. I recognized the look in his eyes. Every time anyone mentioned Cody it was like Paul was this different person. An angry, vengeful, terrifying monster, nothing like the sweet loving man I knew. “Well?” He said.
“Paul…I saw you with Barbra and-”
“I hate Barbra! Why do you fail to realize that? She doesn’t mean a damned thing to me.” He growled.
“Except when she’s letting you play doctor with her!” I snapped, getting back in his face.
“I was being blackmailed!”
“I felt totally betrayed Paul! I died that day!” I screamed, feeling tears in the corners of my eyes. “Cody was there with open arms and he cared for me! And he’s my friend, not my fuck buddy you jealous asshole!” I felt my anger boil over and shoved Paul away from me. “Now let me out of here.”
“I can’t.” He said simply, trying to quiet me down.
“What the Hell do you mean ‘you can’t’ Paul?”
“Because, they’re looking for you.” He said.
“What?” I snapped. Then I felt my heart stop as it hit me. I grabbed the front of Paul shirt and pulled him down to my eye level. “Where are Quinn and Phil?!” I growled. Paul refused to look at me. “WHERE ARE THEY?!” I screamed.
“Ani?” I heard a voice outside the door, it was Cody.
“Help!” I said. “I’m locked in here!”
“Ani.” Paul warned. “Please, you have to trust me on this one.”
“I will never trust you again Paul.” I snapped, frustrated that once again I might not be able to help my friends. Finally the door flew open, knocking Paul backwards and out cold as I quickly sidestepped it. Cody stood in the doorway and I ran into his arms.
“Ani, are you okay? What did he do to you?” Cody gripped me tightly to him.
“The bastard was hiding her, I knew we couldn’t trust him.” I felt my blood turn to ice. I turned to see Eve standing there with a smirk on her face. I looked up at Cody, who looked crushed. “Alright lover boy, time for her to reunite with Quinn.” She snapped. I tried to squirm away, but Cody held me even tighter. “Turn her around.” Eve instructed. So Cody flipped me so I was facing her.
“You’re supposed to be in the hospital.” I muttered in disbelief.
“I’m a better actress then you give me credit for Anita.”
“But Johnny-”
“Works for me, he’s helpless and gives me what I want, and I intend to keep it that way.” She growled. “Which is why we have to get rid of you and Quinn.” I felt like I was going to cry.
“But Cody….” I felt tears in my eyes as I realized that I should have trusted Paul all along.
“Ani, I knew I couldn’t just take you from Paul, so when Eve came to me…I didn’t have a choice, I had to.” I tried to struggle away from Cody, but it was useless, I felt my body go limp. Why could I not trust anyone?
“Alright Romeo, that’s enough. You got your way, Chris will get his, everyone’s happy. Now move it.” Eve turned and smiled at me. “I can’t wait to tell the Universe that you’re insane you little bitch.” She said, and smacked me across the face.
“Eve stop it.” Cody snapped.
“Watch it or I’ll find someone else who wants your spot. I’m sure Drew Galloway would be chomping at the bit to get Ani and your belt.” I felt the muscles in Cody’s body tense. Then I felt as he shoved me and grabbed Eve.
“Run Ani!” He hollered. I was in shock for a moment before I leapt up and booked it as fast as I could to the catering area. I looked around, frantic before I saw Phil talking to Stu, Cena, and Randy. I booked it up to him as Eve followed me, but when she saw the four of them behind me she cringed and slithered away. I looked at Phil; he saw the panic on my face and grabbed me.
“Where is Quinn?!” He growled, shaking me.
“I don’t know.” I said, pulling myself away from him. “They have her, that’s all I know.”
“Who has Quinn?” Cena asked.
“Chris and Barbra.” Phil snapped. He was pissed; I’d never seen anyone this furious before. I heard Randy, Cena, and Stu gasp. Then Randy’s breath hitched in his throat and Phil spun around and grabbed him.
“Did you know?!” He snapped.
“N-no.” Randy said. He looked like he’d just pissed his pants; none of us had ever seen Phil like this before. “But I saw Barbra and Chris loading something into the back of a car…I just assumed it was equipment or something.” Phil turned back to me, his eyes looking black and sadistic in the lighting; he grabbed my shirt and slammed me into the wall.
“Where is Paul?! I’ll beat it out of that little shit!” He screamed. “Where is he?!” it took Cena, Stu, and Randy to pull Phil off of me.
“Paul isn’t involved. Cody’s been tricking us this whole dammed time!” I said, getting my footing back. “But I can take a wild guess who’d know where she is.” I said.
As we marched to Johnny’s office I filled in Cena, Stu, and Randy. Should something happen we might need allies. Besides, Phil’s pretty athletic and so am I, but I don’t think we could each take on two people for God knows how long. We could use the three of them if things got really ugly. I kicked in Johnny’s door and he went white.
“It’s not the end of the-” Before he could even finish Phil grabbed him and pulled him over his desk, getting right in his face.
“Where did they take Quinn? Tell me you God Damn piece of shit!” Otunga looked ready to pounce, but when he saw Cena, Randy, and Stu he stopped and just slithered out of John’s office.
Pansy.
“Look, all they told me was if we had any photography studios nearby.” Johnny said.
“And?!” I demanded.
“There’s one about six miles away, but-”
“WHERE?!” Phil screamed in his face. Johnny gave us the directions and the four of them ran out of his office, but as I was leaving I heard Johnny.
“Anita.” I spun around to face him. “They were going to expose me… You know what that’s like…” I shook my head and ran out to catch the others. But I couldn’t forget the look on Paul’s face, him begging me to believe me, to trust him. And I hadn’t listened. Now everyone hated me and…
No. I had to help Quinn, and then I could figure this out once and for all. As I was getting closer to the parking garage I saw the dressing room I’d pulled Paul into. I ran inside, but he was gone. I felt my heart stop. What if they had him?
I ran faster than I’ve have in my life into the garage and leapt into the van. Phil hit the gas and we peeled off to the studio Johnny had described. Sure enough we saw the van Randy recognized and pulled up. Phil raced in the door, all of us jogging in after him. The next thing we knew the lights were out and the door slammed, locking itself behind us. I felt a shiver creep up my spine as I slowly got onto the floor. It was probably safer down here with the lights off, no sneak attacks. But before I could tell the others to follow suit I head a sharp metallic sound and heard Phil drop. Then three more as Cena, Stu, and Randy dropped behind me.
“That should be all of them, hit the lights.” Chris said.
“No, five of them came in, you only hit four, where the Hell is the fifth?!” Eve snapped. I felt a shoe under me as I was flipped over.
“Well, I have five people on the ground, so maybe I hit two of them, now hit the lights; I’m not a dammed bat.” I closed my eyes but still felt the vibrant light fill the studio.
“Jesus, Chris what did you do?!” Cody. It took everything I had to keep a still face as someone gingerly picked me up. “What if you killed her?!” Cody yelled, so he was the one holding me.
“Please, like she’ll ever take you back after Paul told her the truth.” Eve snapped. I could hear the click of her heels as she walked over.
“Guys, this is, like, serious. I doubt they care about Anita and Quinn, but we have Phil and Randy and Cena and Stuart-”
“Shut up. We’ll drop Stu, Cena, and Randy back at the arena and tell Johnny to cover it up. No problems there.”
“Eve, you know Phil won’t stop.” Cody said. “Neither will Paul.” He whispered the last part and I felt my heart skip a beat. They didn’t have Paul, thank God, he was safe. I felt Cody brush a piece of hair out of my face. Then I heard Eve’s heels clicking again and the next thing I knew I hit the ground.
“Cody you’re on thin ice as it is. That whole ‘trick her to get Phil’ thing totally backfired.” Eve growled. “Now I have to clean up your mess. If you don’t seriously watch yourself, I’ll tell the whole world about your little drug problem.”
“Do it! I don’t care anymore.” Cody snapped. “You can’t do this! Not to Ani.” I felt my heartstrings ache.
“Then I’ll tell the universe that’s she’s insane.” Eve growled.
“…What?” Cody asked.
“She’s not mentally fit to compete! We dug it out of her old records when we were in New Orleans. She shouldn’t even be here; she’s been hiding it for years, she has nightmares every night. She suffers from insomnia.”
“But when we-” I heard Cody gasp and what sounded like him clamping a hand over his mouth.
“When you what?” Eve hissed. “Tell me dammit!”
“Eve, what do a young boy and a young girl with tons of sexual tension do when they’re alone?” Chris sneered. “After they fucked he was so exhausted he obviously didn’t notice that she didn’t fall asleep with him.” I fought to keep a blank face as I remembered that night. Cody had fallen asleep quickly, that was true, but I cuddled up against him and fallen asleep without a single nightmare for the first time in years, it had been a miracle.
“Hey! And Cody called me a slut?” Barbra whined. I felt Chris kick me.
“The only real slut is right here. She’s using you Cody. She was going to crawl back to Paul the whole time. She just wanted to use you to find out what we were doing.”
“And it worked.” Eve said. “Barbie, take her to where Quinn is. Cody, you’re going to help me get these three clowns back to the stadium. Chris, take care of Phil.” She growled.
“With pleasure.” Chris said with sick delight in his voice. As Barbra came and picked me up I jolted to life and kicked her square in the face. She reeled backwards bleeding. I spun around to see Chris. I bit my lip, I’d beaten him before, I could do it again. I lunged only to feel a pipe or something knock the wind out of me. I dropped onto my back and looked up to see Eve smiling, holding the pipe in her hand.
“Looks like we’ve got ourselves a little eavesdropper.” She said. Chris grabbed my from behind, pinning my arms behind me. “How much did you hear?” Eve growled.
“Go to Hell!” I snapped. Eve smacked me with the pipe again. I gasped, trying to catch my breath. I looked past her and saw Cody, but looked back to Eve. I glared at her, letting her know there was no way I’d take this lying down. I had to kill time until Phil and the others woke up, then this might be a fair fight. I spat at Eve and she smacked me again. Cody started to take a step towards me, but Eve turned to him.
“You do anything and this bitch is going to the mental hospital!” She growled. I took the chance to use Chris as for balance and drop kick her in the back of the head. She turned around and smacked me in my still tender stomach again. I coughed and could have sworn I saw blood. Cody grabbed the pipe from Eve.
“Stop it! You’re killing her!”
“Shut up!” She screeched. I felt helpless as I saw her reach back again.
Please guys, wake up.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH NO
Will Anita and Quinn escape?
Will Phil and the others wake up?
Where is Paul?
Will Cody help?
Only SEG can tell
xoxox
TMG

Anita Smack Down