The Rivals

Silently Hoping

~Quinn~
I felt bad that I had left Anita to sort the whole pregnancy and telling Paul and Cody, but she’d got herself into the mess, I could only support her. I wouldn’t tell her who to pick, she’d have to figure that out herself. But having her fight while pregnant was nagging at me. I felt terrible. If this was the hunt for the divas title she’d have dropped out, the only reason she hadn’t was because it was our shot at the tag titles. I should cancel the whole thing, tell her that I refuse to fight while she’s pregnant.
I arrived at the arena and was shocked to see that we were in single competition. Me against Kofi and Anita against Ron. This was not good.
“Phil what the fuck do we do?” I asked panic in my voice.
“I…crap you’re going to have to cheat.”
“Phil we’re face we can’t cheat,” I rubbed my face, but he was right the only way was to cheat as Anita wouldn’t lie down and let Ron pin her.
“Hey everything ok?” Anita asked coming to us. I shook my head.
“You’re in a match against Ron, we’re going to have to cheat.” I sighed.
“Oh,” She looked at her feet. “Maybe it’ll be ok, I can fight we’re face so we can’t cheat.”
“Hell no if you think for a second I will allow you to fight without me there to help you got another thing coming Anita.” I snapped. I saw Cody watching us and it clicked.
“Does Cody know about.” I put my hand on my stomach and Anita nodded. “Well then we’ll just have to make use of his heel persona, he can come down and get involved a win and lose is fine right?”
“If I say no?”
“Then I take myself to Paul’s office right now. You’ll hate me for it, but I’ll take your hate and that baby being born over you resenting me if it dies.” I said crossing my arms.
“Ok fine.”
“Cody! Come here.” He jogged over to us looking slightly suspicious.
“Yeah?”
“I need you to interfere in Anita’s match.” He looked at me confused.
“Why aren’t you supposed to be covering her in the matches?” I sighed.
“Yes, but it’s a singles match. So I need you to go down and interfere it’ll give Ron the win, but it’s better than…the alternative.”
“Ok yeah I will, don’t worry about it.” Anita and I headed off to the locker rooms to change.
“Ok right I’ll be back in a few.” I smiled hugging her.
“Good luck Quinn.” She smiled and sat down. As I walked out of the locker room I bumped straight into Paul.
“You! What the hell are you playing at?! Why are you making her wrestle?” He snapped at me his body shaking angrily.
“I’m not making her do anything you jackass! If it was up to me she wouldn’t be wrestling, but she wants to and I’m not going to stop her! I will not take this from her unless I have to!” I snapped back.
“You’re just a money grabbing skank like all the other divas. You’re using her to get the titles so you can get a big bonus and you don’t care whether she loses the baby or not!” I slapped him hard. The door to the locker room opening.
“I’m not using anyone, I don’t want her fighting, but she wants to so I will do everything I can to make sure she’s safe!” Anita touched my arm. I turned my face softening. “I have a match I’ll be back soon.” I took off angry as ever. I hated Paul, I blamed him for a lot of things that had happened and I especially hated how he accused me of endangering Anita and that baby for my own personal gain. He didn’t know me, so he couldn’t say anything about me. Kofi was already down in the ring as my music hit. I took a deep breath and plastered a smile to my face and walked out. I got into the ring and shook hands with Kofi. The bell rings and we lock up he twists round me into a waist lock followed by a head lock. I hit a couple of well-placed elbows and break out of it hitting a Pele kick. I follow up with a spring board Moonsault and a quick cover. He gets up at 2. He whips me into the corner and follows up with a monkey flip and hits the Boom Drop. I clutch my rubs and roll to the side. Kofi covers me, but the ref see’s my leg is under the ropes. Kofi pulls me away, but I hook him up for a small package, he kicks out just before 3. We exchange blows then I whip him into the corner hitting a drop kick as he comes back. As he gets up I hit a super kick and the go in for the Kill Drop I hit it and get the win. I climb the ropes celebrating and drop down I help Kofi up.
“Good match Quinn I can’t wait for this Sunday’s paper view.” I smiled at him.
“Me too, we are so walking away with those titles.” Then we walk backstage together. Phil is waiting there to greet me. he shakes Kofi’s hand then pulls me to him.
“That was great out there Quinn.” He smiles kissing me. Anita made her way to us as Kofi and Ron spoke.
“Quinn I’m sorry about Paul.” She sighed.
“It’s fine Anita, I guess I understand why as I don’t want you fighting either.”
“What did he do?” Phil asked curiously.
“He blew his top at me. Reckons it’s down to me that Anita is still fighting. But Anita agrees she shouldn’t be fighting I’ll be the first to Paul’s office dragging her with me.”
“He’s a jackass.” Phil growled holding me closer. Ron’s music hit and he went down.
“Yeah well it’s possibly his baby and you would flip just as much if it was me pregnant with your child.” Phil shrugs.
“I guess you’re right, but still he needs to back off.”
“Good luck Anita. Cody will be here to go down ok?” I hugged her. “Just be careful please and don’t do anything reckless.”
“I won’t.” She smiled and walked out to her music and the fans screams.
“Cody you know what you’re doing?”
“Yeah Quinn I do. Have…have you spoke to her again about quitting?” I sighed.
“I have, and I want her to but she wont and I’m not going to force her unless I think she is recklessly endangering herself.” He nodded sadly. Cody was so sweet, unlike Paul who was being a total jackass.
“I don’t want to lose her or the baby.” He said more to himself. But before I could reply he ran down to help Anita.
“Man that kid is love struck. If you forget about all the shit that happened, he’s actually a really good guy. I think him and Anita are better than her and Paul.”
“You really think so Phil?”
“Yeah I mean he ain’t flipping about her choice’s and although he isn’t happy about it he isn’t charging around like a bull in a china shop.”
“I know, but at the end of the day only Anita can make the choice of who she wants to be with and I think whoever is that baby’s father is in with a bigger chance of getting with Anita.” I sighed silently hoping it was Cody and not Paul.
♠ ♠ ♠
How has Anita’s match gone?
Will they win the titles at the PPV?
Who will Anita choose?
And who is the father of the baby?
Only TMG can reveal :D
Quinn Smackdown