Sequel: Slip

What We Left Unsaid

T H R E E

The doorbell rang, echoing through the large house and causing several of its inhabitants to grumble. Before any of them had even managed to get to their feet, the doorbell rang again. And again. And again.

“Jesus fucking Christ, someone get the door, and murder whoever’s there!”

The doorbell rang again, but at least the shortest of the three lounging men had started to get to his feet. He got two steps from the sofa before it rang again.

“Hurry the fuck up, Christ!”

The shorter man paused to flip off the grumpy man, but picked up his pace, this time making it three larger steps before the bell rang again.

“If it rings one more fucking time, I’ll personally tear them apart, and feed the pieces to a fucking vampire!”

The doorbell didn’t ring, as if the person behind the door had heard the threat, but then, just as the black-haired man let out a sigh of relief, it rang again, and the shorter man threw open the door to reveal a snickering blonde, her eyes alight as she clamped a hand over her mouth to stifle the sounds of her amusement, motioning for the man before her, who no longer looked nearly as annoyed as he had when he originally opened the door, to remain silent. She rang the bell again.

“Didn’t Short Shit already open the fucking door? Gates, go kill them!”

“I don’t fucking answer to you, asshole! Go do your own bidding!”

The doorbell rang again.

“Motherfucker! Christ, what the hell are you doing? Now you’re annoying the both of us!”

The blonde gave the shorter man a look that clearly said he wasn’t to respond, before pressing the doorbell once again.

“Shut the fuck up already!”

“Maybe whoever’s at the door ate Johnny. You should go check on that.”

“I don’t give a fuck if it ate Johnny. You go check on the midget. Just fucking stop the goddamn bell!”

She rang it again.

A loud growl was her only response.

“Holy fucking shit, fine, I’ll get the goddamn door, but only because it’s annoying the hell out of me, too!”

Two seconds later, a taller, longer-haired man was at the door, his annoyed expression morphing into one of amusement the second he saw who was at the door. Grinning, he slapped a hand onto the back of the bassist beside him, who was already doubled-over in barely-silenced laughter, before jumping through the doorway and pulling the woman into a hug. She returned it happily, only to shove him away from her a moment later. The blonde gave another gesture to remain quiet, before ringing the bell three quick times.

Gates, Christ, what the fuck is wrong with you two!?

The bell rang one more time.

“Ring it again, fucking ring it one more time!”

The blonde paused, watching as the two men before her eyed each other uncertainly, as if suddenly wondering whether or not the remaining man’s anger would be as quick to disappear as they had originally thought. As the woman reached for the bell again, the shorter man motioned for her to just come inside, and the taller man shook his head warningly. She pressed it anyways.

A vicious growl ripped through the air, and the ground literally shook as the man inside jumped to his feet, wasting no time in making it to the door. He hadn’t even looked at who was standing on the porch before he knocked into her, slamming her smaller frame harshly against the house’s siding. One hand gripped her throat harshly, tightening until he was sure she couldn’t breathe at all.

“Shit! Vengeance, you might not want--”

“Zee, look at who you’re--”

But he didn’t hear them, he didn’t even really comprehend that they were there. Hell, he didn’t even really see who it was that he had pinned to the wall, partly because he was so enraged that he was only seeing red, and partly because after he had pressed the smaller woman into the wall, he had leaned forward, growling as he minimized the space between them so as to limit the resistance she could put up.

But resist she did, waiting a moment before gathering all of her strength and kneeing him right in the stomach. The blow didn’t topple him and didn’t cause him to release her, but he did let out a grunt at the impact, leaning back a bit and unwittingly giving her just enough room to swing her arms wide, throwing all of her force into the motion as she managed to strip his arm from her throat. She gasped as the air flew back into her lungs, but she didn’t stand there and try to regain her breathing, knowing that her attacked was coming at her once again.

Using the wall as support, she jumped into the air and, much as if she was swimming a lap in the pool, kicked harshly off of the wall and sent herself pummeling into the black haired guitarist. This time, it was he who grunted as they made impact, and it was she who dug her hands into his neck, squeezing tightly as she lifted his head and slammed it back into the ground. She was prepared to repeat the motion, but before she got the chance, he had flipped their positions, a knee pressed harshly to her stomach as he allowed his arm to dig into her throat. She made a cough in exchange, before her air supply was once again cut off. Her own eyes now shining as bright of an amber as his, she pulled back her lips in a silent snarl, whipping out her legs and dealing him a harsh blow to his side that allowed her to slip out from under his knee’s weight. It didn’t fix the problem of the arm on her throat, but she figured she still had enough time to complete her next move, curling her body quickly so that she managed to bring her legs up close to her pinned shoulders, before quickly wrapping them around the man’s throat, his free arm doing nothing to stop her own assault.

As he squeezed tighter around her throat, she squeezed her thighs tighter and tighter, until the both of them quickly released their grips and threw themselves in opposite directions. Both gasped as air refilled their lungs, but both refused to wait until their breathing returned to normal, instead throwing themselves at each other once again, this time erupting into balls of fur before they even made contact.

The two other men, who were still watching from the doorway, exchanged another uncertain look, before shrugging and continuing to watch the sparring wolves.

“You know, I’m not even sure if he doesn’t know who he’s fighting anymore... those two never really got along.”

“Understatement of the century. It’s practically a law of nature that they hate each other; I’d say they’re like cats and dogs, but...”

“Oh, Jesus Syn! Do you ever learn how to make good jokes? Personally, I’m just glad it was her at the door, otherwise he would’ve taken his irritation out on us.”

“You mean you, you stupid dumbfuck. You would’ve gotten your ass beaten, not-- where the fuck are they going?”

The two wolves were still rolling, snapping at each other and giving the occasional yelp as teeth sunk into their flesh, but in their fighting, they had started to shift toward the side of the house, and had somehow managed to barrel full-speed down the sloping yard.

“You don’t think they’ll end up... damn, I’d almost want to see that...”

“Go the fuck ahead. I, for one, am getting back to that movie though, regardless of whether or not you or His High-ass-ness care to join me.”

As the two grumbling men made their way back into the house, the two wolves continued with their onslaught of tooth and claw, both constantly attacking the other but neither able to gain the upper hand long enough to pin the other down. As they bit, scratched, and pounded into one another, they paid no mind as to where they were going, that was, until, several minutes later, they found themselves in the middle of a meadow. After the black wolf managed to get a rather harsh bite into the neck of the muddy brown wolf, the female had cried out loudly in pain, and they were suddenly made aware of the fact that they were no longer alone.

STOP!”

Both wolves froze, the black fur still filling the mouth of the brown wolf as she remained exactly where she was, mid-bite. From their current angle, both wolves could make out the visibly angered man that stood shaking not ten yards in front of them. Both wolves could also make out the nice little picnic that was set up behind him, and the pretty redheaded woman that was watching them with wide eyes. And, as if the sights weren’t enough to prove they were very clearly interrupting, the musky scent that filled the air -- one they hadn’t originally noticed -- was a slap in the face.

“Ava, release my idiot of a guitarist, and Zacky, move the fuck away from her,” the larger man ordered, waiting until they both had done so before continuing. Running a hand over his face and sighing, he focused on rushing through what had to be said. “Well, this is a surprise, for three reasons. We weren’t expecting you, Ava, but welcome back! And Zacky, I told you and everyone else in that house not to come over here under any circumstances. More importantly, though, you have other things to fucking be focusing on right now, and you don’t have much time, or did you forget? But I’m not in the mood to lecture, so would you two just get your asses away from here? I don’t care if you continue fighting, just do it somewhere else.” The alpha waited a moment, before huffing when the pair didn’t immediately leave. “Now!”

Both wolves turned and bolted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to give a huge thanks to both Bren.Gates and ThePast_IsReal for being super-awesome and commenting on the last chapter!