Status: Call me Maybe.

Count on You

Black Raspberry

“So this is the lobby, obviously.” I smiled, dragging Christian into the Palm Woods Lobby. The lobby was painted a pale yellow color, with dark green and red striped curtains that, surprisingly, well with the matching furniture. There weren’t many kids in the lobby, just a few walking in or out, or getting something from the vending machine. “You might want to watch out for Mr. Bitters. He doesn’t quite like us.” I added, thinking back to the time we decided to play ‘Lobby Hockey’. “After the hockey incident he doesn’t have a very high tolerance for the things we do.” I said nodding my head in the direction of the four boys, who were now messing around in the pool.

“Hockey incident? Since when did you play Hockey?” Christian asked, as I walked over to the elevator, pressing the up button waiting for doors to open.

I nodded my head, trying not to laugh. Christian was right, the most sports I’d ever gotten into was Cheerleading, and well, cheerleading and hockey were two very different sports. I’d never really understood anything else; besides football, since I cheered for it, but other than that, I was a confused mess. ESPN and my fellow guys friends would have to explain things to me, and even from the simplest explanation, I never understood one thing.

“Well you see the boys are Hockey players from Minnesota, they’re used to playing Hockey a lot, and well there’s no snow here. So! We decided one day they wanted to play Hockey, so the lobby is was! And I had told them I’d be the ref since I don’t play Hockey, but Carlos and Logan insisted I try, so I kind of did and hit a lamp, while James hit the computer and then Carlos hit Mr. Bitters with the stick.” I took a breath, judging the laugh on my best friends face “And well he got really angry, and since then, he doesn’t really like us.”

Christian let out a loud laugh, clutching her stomach. The idea of me playing sports must have be funnier than I first expected.

“Oh! Stop laughing.” I whined, looking over at the elevator doors that had just opened. “Let’s go! I’m going to show you you’re room!” I said, grabbing her arm and pulling her and her bags into the elevator.

“So, I’m staying with you, right?” Christian asked, tucking a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear. “’Cause we haven’t seen each other in a long time.” She laughed, lightly.

“Of course we’re staying together!” I smiled, pressing the button for my floor.

The elevator ride was short and quite. Nothing was said, just silence as the elevator brought us up to floor 3 and opening the doors. I stepped up, Christian following, and walked to my apartment, opening the door, and skipping inside. It was still relatively clean, even after the short pillow fight the four of us had after James left. The kitchen, however, was still a mess from breakfast this morning.

“I tried to clean for you, but just ignore the kitchen; Logan came over before I could get to that.” I said, over my shoulder as I continued into the bedroom, opening the door. The bedroom was a pale purple color with white borders. There were two beds against the wall, white wood, low headboards, with matching nightstands. A small looking closet was set against the far wall, and two tall white dressers were set up against opposite walls.

“That dresser is yours.” I said, smiling, pointing to the dresser on the far side of the room. “And obviously the bed next to it will be yours; I cleaned out a spot in the closet for you, as well.” I plopped down on the light purple silk comforter of my bed, watching Christian walk over to her new dresser.

“You didn’t…procreate on this bed did you?” She asked, looking from the bed to me.

“N-no!” I yelled, covering my face which was now a bright red color. “Why do you think I always have sex with people?” I asked, dropping my hands.

“Really?” She asked, laughing as she put her suitcase down started to unzip it kneeling on the floor. “It’s you Lana, everything is sexual with you.”

I shook my head. “I’m not like that anymore, I swear! I’ve changed.” I said, looking at her, playing with the ends of my hair. “Logan and I have only has sex like….three times.” I said, scrunching my nose up while I thought. “Yeah only like three times.”

Christian laughed, taking out a few items of clothing and dropping them on top of the bed, before looking back into her bag. “Well that’s new.”

“You make me sound like a whore.” I laughed, swinging my legs onto my bed. “Well granted I kind of was one back in Florida.” I sighed, thinking back to how I used to be. “But I’ve changed a lot since I’ve come here. Sort of woke up, ya’know?” I said, nodding.

The window in the bedroom was open, letting the shouting from the pool float up into the bedroom, echoing on the walls.

“Is it always this loud?” Christian asked, getting up and sitting on her bed.

“No, the curfew is ten at night, and we have classes every Tuesday and Thursday from nine to three. So it’s quite. It’s usually really loud on the weekends.” I smiled, getting up and walking over to the window glancing out and shaking my head.

The boys had left; which means they’d be up soon.

“Well that’s not bad. At least I’ll get to sleep some.” Christian laughed.

There was a loud stomping coming from the living room, and a loud chorus of voices.

“I saw her first, I call her.” James voice was loud as, Logan and Carlos came into the bedroom.

“No! None of you are having her.” I said, giving Logan a hug. “She’s off limits to you three, understand.”

Kendall and Carlos nodded, James shook his head.

Christian laughed lightly, shaking her head. “James, I’m not going to date you. You’re not my type.”

I laughed, sitting back on my bed, taking Logan with me. Kendall went over, taking the seat on the small makeup chair I had, Carlos sat at the end of my bed, and James went over sitting down next to Christian.

“So, Christian, tell us about yourself.” Kendall smiled, looking over at Christian.

I smiled looking over at my friend; her face has a slight pink color on it. I raised an eyebrow, looking from her to Kendall and back to her. There was no lie that Kendall was attractive, but he didn’t really seem like Christian’s type; but I assume that LA can change that.

After all, Logan was never my type. If we were back in Florida, I would have been all over James in a heartbeat.

“Oh and tell us about our Lana! All her secrets!” Carlos said laughing, looking over at me.

“Well…if you really want to.” Christian laughing, looking over at me smirking slightly.

I was beginning to think introducing the boys to her was a bad idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long!
We love comments!
xx