‹ Prequel: Newer Beginnings

Rain

I Suppose You Could Get Used to Anything.

It rains a lot in this part of the world.

It used to bother me when I first moved here, but I’m used to it by now. I guess you could get used to almost anything if you experience it enough, and God knows I’ve experienced a hell of a lot of rain since I came here.

The rain trickles down the window, droplets merging together as they fall slowly towards the ground. I can hear the rain falling on my roof, and I find it restful. I close my eyes and let the sound wash over me. I’ve come to love that sound. I never used to, not in my old life, but here… it’s beautiful.

You have a lot of time to yourself when it rains. I rarely go out these days, and the constant patter of water outside has become a soundtrack to my new life. Sometimes I work, sometimes I play guitar, but mostly I just reflect. It’s nice to have somewhere still where I think, somewhere where I don’t worry about car signals or distance.

It’s also nice to have a proper roof over my head.

I’ve travelled so far in my time, across many roads and miles, and I don’t know how long I’ll be able to stay. All I know is that I’m happy here. I don’t know how long it will last, but for now it’s enough.