Forgive Me

Californication

Normal POV

A silence had fall between Brian and Ollie, before Brian broke it.

“So,…how are you?”, he asked.

“I-I’m fine. I’ve a lot of work and many books to read as well. What about you?”, Ollie asked back.

Brian chuckled. Ollie hadn’t changed. She was still glued to her books.

“I’m…okay.”, he lied.

“Very convincing.”, Ollie retorted.

Brian waited a few seconds. “I-I’ve a lot of things on my mind.”, he admitted.

Ollie bit her lower lip. “Is it about your wife?”. She knew that she was a part of Brian worries, but she didn’t want to say it loud.

“Not only…”, the brown eyed-man answered.

The tension was obvious in their conversation. In fact, Ollie knew perfectly what Brian had on his mind, but she didn’t want to be the one to talk about it first.

“You can tell me.”, she encouraged.

Brian thought about it. He wanted to talk about the last time they saw each other, but he was afraid of Ollie’s reaction.

“I think about…a girl..”, he started.

Ollie hesitated. She couldn’t help but feel unsure and a bit jealous. She thought Brian would speak about her, well about them. What if that girl was a chick he met in California?

“O-Okay”, she finally said.

Brian felt the tremble in Ollie’s voice and smiled. “I think I like her. I think I already told her….and…the last time I saw her I think she started to be upset.”, Brian continued.

Ollie felt reassured. At least, she was almost sure he wasn’t talking about another girl. But…did he just say he thought she was upset?! She frowned.

“What do you mean?”, Ollie wanted to know.

“I tried to kiss her. And I’m pretty sure she didn’t like it. I screwed everything up.”, Brian voice was almost inaudible now.

Ollie was blushing deeply. She shook her head. It was stupid to blush when you’re on the phone! She regained her composure. “Did she tell you she didn’t like it?”, she asked shyly.

“No”, Brian chuckled nervously. “But it was obvious. She ran away and…I didn’t have the opportunity to tell her goodbye properly.”

“Maybe she…”, Ollie hesitated. “she feels bad for what she did…”

“Is that was you think? I mean…I’m not sure.”, Brian replied.

Ollie sighed. She had to clear things with Brian, but she was really stressed about it. “That’s not what I think. That’s what I know, Brian. I…I’m sorry if I hurt you but I’m not ready for that kind of thing. I like you though; you’re a nice person, and a sweet guy. And I don’t want you to be unhappy or something, so you should…”

Ollie stopped as tears started to form in her green eyes. Brian started to cry as well.

“Give it a try, Ollie. Please. We’ll take it slowly; we won’t be in a hurry. I promise. I need you in my life, Ollie.”

Ollie’s heart was beating really fast by now. The raven-haired woman was also crying heavily. She wanted to listen to her heart, to tell him that she wanted this as much as him. But her reason kept telling her that she’ll end hurt and broken, as always.

“We live far away from each other, Brian. It won’t work.”, she pointed.

“You can come live here with me…”, he proposed.

Ollie was almost hurt by this proposition. She couldn’t leave, and she already told Brian why.

“I can’t. I’m sorry. I have University. And I have my family. I already told you that I need to stay at home.”

“Okay. I’ll come then.”, he s said, in a serious tone.

“No, you won’t. You can’t. You have the band. You have your friends, your life…You have to stay.”, she reasoned.

Brian sighed. “Okay…okay… At least I tried.”
The guitarist started to be angry. He didn’t understand why life was such a bitch with him, and why Ollie was so stubborn. “Sorry if I disturbed you while you were reading one of your dear books!”, he added, sarcastically and a bit harshly. “Take care of yourself.”

Ollie wanted to answer, but the call was over. She started to cry loudly, and she went to Maddy’s room. She explained what happened, and asked her sister if she could stay with her tonight.
Maddy didn’t know what to do or what to say so she simply nodded, and hugged her sister tightly.
She shook her head. Ollie was so complicated, she thought.

************************
Ollie’s POV

****In the morning****

Ollie woke up alone in her sister’s bed. She growled as remembers from yesterday came to her mind.
She got ready and headed for the kitchen.

She stopped when she was her mother, Joan, and Maddy obviously waiting for her.

“Hello…”, she said unsure.

“Good morning sweetie. Take a seat”, Valerie advised.

“Okay…”, Ollie did as she was told.

“We have something to tell you honey. We’re moving.”, Valerie continued.

Ollie frowned. She didn’t questioned why they were moving, because it was eventually one of Joan’s stupid decisions.

“Oh…and where are we going?”, she said, surprised.

“California.”, Joan answered, with his ugly voice.

Ollie’s eyes went wide. She trembled a bit, but when she saw Joan’s gaze, she didn’t even try to argue.

“When?”, Ollie asked again.

“The flight is in one week. But everything has to be packed in six days. A company will bring our stuff in California.”, Valerie explained.
The middle-aged woman looked at her daughter, biting her lip. “And it also means that you have to give up University…”

Ollie stopped and looked at her mother, anger started to form in her stomach. Eventually, Joan managed to convince her mother of this.

“I can continue it in California”, she retorted.

“You won’t. Instead you’ll find a job, and Maddy too. Don’t argue, it’s useless.”, Joan said.

Ollie bit her lip in anger but said nothing.

She now had only a few days to pack all her stuff.

“What’s the name of the country, by the way?”, the green-eyed young lady asked.

“Huntington Beach”, her mother replied.

Ollie hadn’t heard about this city before. But at least it was in California. Maybe she’ll see Brian more often. Wait NO! She forced herself not to think about the man. She hadn’t the right to, after what she said to him the day before.
He might probably hate her now. She deserved that. His life would be better without her.

The green-eyed girl came back in her room and sat on her bed. She should start packing today.

Maddy’s POV

The brown-haired beauty climbed the stairs and headed straight to her computer. She had to tell Zack that her family was moving in California. She was so happy.
She wrote an e-mail and sent him to Zack, the man with whom she was starting to fall deeply in love.

Zacky’s POV

Zacky felt tired. It was about midnight in California. The raven-haired man decided it was time to go to bed. He was exhausted because he had spent the day trying to make Brian forget about Ollie.
Zack checked his e-mail one last time, and what he saw made him come back to Earth. He has an e-mail from Maddy!
He could feel his heart beat faster than usual. Yeah, that girl had that effect on him.

He opened the message and started to read. His eyes went wide, and his jaw dropped. He blinked and read the message once again.
He got up and almost run to Brian’s room.

The lead guitarist was on his bed, playing some random melody on an acoustic guitar.

“GATES!”, Zacky shouted.

Brian almost jumped. “Calm down, dude! What’s going on? Have you seen a ghost?”

“No…Maddy wrote me an e-mail. She said she was leaving Scotland, with her family.”, Zack explained.

Brian didn’t see the point in that. “Yeah…and what?”, he asked on an annoyed tone.

“She also…asked me if I’ve ever heard about a city called Huntington Beach in California, cause it’s where they are moving…”, Zack simply answered.

Brian stopped and looked at his best friend. Zack was more than happy that Maddy will move in HIS city, but he also kept in mind that Ollie would come too, which explains Brian ‘s face right now.

The brown-eyed man looked lost. “Ollie…She’s coming too, I guess?”, he asked, just to be sure.

Zacky slowly nodded, and sat on the bed next to his friend.

“It will make things harder for me. Life’s a bitch!!”, Brian complained, taking his head in his hands.

“I know, Bri. And I’m sorry. Uh…I have to answer Maddy’s message, so if you need anything, I’m in my room, okay?”

Brian nodded, and Zacky left the room.