I CANT FIGURE OUT A NAME.

Chapter two -Pieces Of A Broken Heart

When John arrived home that day, he found that his apartment had been ransacked, his notes from the last few days strewn all around the floor. His ornaments collection that he had slowly collected over the years was broken and throw all over the apartment. Shards and marks from them had been made over the wall. Pieces littered the already ditry floor. The marks were spread evenly along the walls, almost like they were planned placements, trying to lead him to something. Johns eyes slowly followed the marks, a small post it note caught his eye next to the most large and vibrant mark. He walked over to it slowly, trying to avoid cutting his bare feet on the floor, and angrily tore the note off the wall. His anger began to well up in inside him as he saw what the note read.

"You'll never find me. Give up now. Before i set her free. The chameleon"

Johns face fell as the gravity of the entire situation he was in began to settle in. He fell backwards into the dark leather sofa that was in his apartment. He looked around the room again, this time slower than before, taking care to study each inch of the apartment, figuring out exactly what could be fixed and replaced almost immedeatly. As he looked around he saw that his desk by his window overlooking the town had been ransacked and ripped open just as much as the apartment had. All the drawers were out and the more detailed of his notes were placed out in order along the surface. His computer had been torn open at the sides. He hurried over to it, not minding the cuts he would now have on his already worn out feet. Bending down to peer inside he saw the hard drives had been taken out. "Shit" John said, as he realised all his contacts of people who might be able to help and all the memories he had with Lois were on those hard drives, now most likely lost forever if he didn't find this 'Chameleon' "Lucky i keep a hard copy of my contacts in my safe" John thought to himself as he stood up and headed for the bathroom.

He walked into the bathroom and flicked a switch which controlled the electric mirror. It swung open and he keyed in the pin to open the safe and took out the papers inside, checked he had all he needed and swung the mirror shut. it was then that he froze in fear. He watched the mirror close and noticed a message on the mirror which he had not noticed before. It was a riddle.

"I store things in cold, and i keep them cool. What am i? This is where you might find me. Hurry quick. I have your diamond. Yours truly, The Chameleon."

John ran out the room and grabbed a pen and paper and hurredly wrote down the riddle, hoping to solve it fast. One thing puzzled him though, only people Lois had worked with before they moved here knew he called her diamond. Something was definatly up. He took the paper and himself back into the living room and began to pace around like a man possesed, all the while thinking about what the riddle could mean. A million thoughts raced through his mind. All to do with Lois. He began to think about her long, soft blond hair, her piercing emerald green eyes, her small button like nose and her long slender legs. He began to cry. The emotion of missing her began to take its toll and was on the surface of his mind.he lent forward, resting his head in his hands and spoke to himself. "Pull yourself together John. You need to be strong and powerful to find her. But where could this riddle lead you?" His stomach grumbled, telling him he was hungry. He picked up his phone and ordered pizza. While waiting for it to be delivered he decided to have a quick shower. He took off his shirt in the living room, adding it to the incresing pile of mess on the floor. He streched his aching muscles of his already toned and chiseled body. The next item of clothing to go was his blue jeans. He checked his muscluar legs for any abrasions or damage. He was going to enjoy this shower. He could already feel his long black hair being greasy on his head. He jumped in the shower and took his time, making sure to wash every inch of his perfect body, all the while thinking about the riddle the Chameleon had left. He got out when he heard his apartments buzzer ring. He got his pizza and gobbled it down with the hunger and tenacity of a man who hadn't eaten in years. He threw on a charcoal black suit and made his way out of his destroyed apartment, not knowing if he would ever return there, and not forgetting to grab his contact sheet before he left. He decided he would go see his friend, Tom, who was good with riddles. He was more than trying to find the Chameleon and his love. He was determined.