I CANT FIGURE OUT A NAME.

Chapter Five - Cold Storage Pt.1

The Chameleon laughed as he watched John from jump in his car, Grateful that he had placed a camera outside to check when the best time to leave was, he was only getting started, if John thought this was bad, the worst was yet to come. He grabbed the keys to his 1969 Shelby GT500, picked up his wrap of knives and walked out the cold metal door to Lois, not forgetting to place his next riddle in plain sight. A game of cat and mouse had begun. With the mouse getting slowly closer to the cats final trap.

Lois awoke to the sound of a slamming door, coupled with a sharp pain in her shoulder. “Sleep my pretty, were leaving” Whispered a soft voice in her ear. She could feel the warmth of his breath on her neck as she passed out again for what must have been the tenth time in that day.

John ran down the street and jumped into his car, fumbling with the lock as the electronic locking system no longer worked, he pulled out into rush hour traffic, narrowly missing another car. He breezed through several red lights, rushing to get to the edge of town, as time was not on his side. He glanced in the rear view mirror only to be met with the lights and sounds of police sirens flashing in the distance.

Lois reawakened to the sound of a roaring engine. Her knowledge of cars kicked in and she realised she was in the small tightly cramped boot of a 1969 Shelby GT500. “Elenor” she whispered. Her favorite car. It was also Johns. She found moving to be futile as it was so cramped. A bump in the road caused her to hit her head and again, she was knocked out cold. Her final thought before she went out like a light was. “Again? Really?”

John reached the edge of town in record time, he skidded his car to a halt in front of the storage unit. Rushing out of the car he managed to catch his foot on the open door, tripping, he managed to regain his balance before he hit the ground, doing a forward roll before standing up. He sprinted forward kicking open the old wooden door to the unit.

The door shattered under his impressive kick, and John rushed in, running down a long dark corridor, only a few lights flickering on and off down it. It was like the power was being diverted to somewhere else in the building. John began to see blood on the floor. His anger and fear began to rise and it only strengthened his resolve to find her. He reached the end of the corridor, barging through with his shoulder not knowing what he would find. He stopped and looked around the almost picth black room, his gaze focussing on a chair in the centre under a spotlight. As John approached the chair he began to notice blood around the chair, mainly at the back where there was a roll of bloody barbed wire. John panicked. Distressed, he looked around the room again, hoping to notice something else. That’s when he noticed it, a glimmer of light coming from what looked like under a door. He rushed towards it, opening it slowly, not knowing what he would find behind it.