‹ Prequel: Lost In Stereo
Sequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Complete! Sequel coming soon! ---->

Just The Way I'm Not

Chapter Fourteen

A few days after Jack had kissed her, and they finally had another day off. They were in Ireland that time and were just pulling up to the hotel they would be staying at overnight before they headed back out to finish the last of the tour. There was only about a week left of the tour and after being in Europe for only about three weeks, Soph was exhausted and ready to go home. She was starting to get a little homesick and was worried and excited to see what was going to happen with her and Jack.

They really hadn’t had a chance to talk about what had happened with the small kiss he had given her a few days ago, but now they finally had a chance to talk. To really talk and see what that kiss meant to each other. Soph wasn’t taken back or cared that he kissed her. Well, yes she cared, but she hoped that it had actually meant to him what it had meant to her.

But now she had a chance to talk with him because they were just pulling up to the hotel and the other busses were already there. She jumped out excitedly just as it finally pulled to a full stop and grabbed her backpack before rushing inside and finding the other bands waiting in the lobby for their managers to get their room keys.

Kora and the others came in behind her shortly after and she was already making her way over to the All Time Low boys and smiled when she caught Jack’s eye. She walked over and stood close to him and he wrapped a arm around her kissing the top of her head. The others must have been making fun of him because he was frowning and saying something to the others but she couldn’t tell what was going on.

“Ok, same roomies as usual,” Kora said as she caught up with the rest of them and handed a room key to the boys and one to Addie.

“Oh speaking of rooms, you two can have a room to yourself. Jack and I are sharing.” Soph said as Addie glared at her. Don’t start, it will be fine.

Alright fine, but I just want to tell you to be careful. Addie signed.

Soph just rolled her eyes, Yes mom.

“Are you ready?” Jack asked and she nodded following him to the elevator with the rest of the boys in his band.

When the elevator doors closed, Alex and Rian shared a look before Alex started talking. “Now children, I want to remind you that there is a strict no sex before marriage policy in this band. So I don’t want you to do anything we wouldn’t approve of.”

“Really? You lost your virginity when you were fifteen Gaskarth, I wouldn’t be talking.” Jack replied as Soph started laughing.

Alex rolled his eyes, “May I remind you Barakat, that you only lasted a year longer than me.”

“At least I had the control to wait a while longer.”

The elevator stopped and they all walked down the hall to their rooms. Like it always was, each room of their rooms were right next to each other and Soph had a feeling that they were all going to listening and trying to hear what they were saying. But it wasn’t a big deal since all she really cared about at that point was talking with Jack and getting everything worked out.

Jack opened the door and let her walk in first and she set her bag down on the bed closest to the door. He walked over to the other bed and smiled to her as he sat down on the edge and patted the place next to him. She sat next to him not knowing what to say and hoping that Jack knew what t say.

“So, about that kiss,” Jack said finally and she gave him a small smile.

“Was it just as amazing for you as for me?” She asked, catching the relieved look that he gave her when she replied.

He nodded, “Yes. I was hoping that you weren’t mad at me for that. I don’t know what came over me; I just had a sudden urge to kiss you. I don’t know what’s going on with me.”

“I could never be mad at you. I have sort of wanted the same thing for a while now. I just didn’t understand where it was coming from and I pulled away from you. I am sorry about that again. But I had a talk with Alex and he seemed to help get my head on straight even though we barely know each other.”

“Wow, so Alex is useful for at least one thing,” Jack joked as she smiled shyly when she noticed how close they were getting.

She saw him glance down to her lips and she closed her eyes and leaned forward. “Kiss me,” she whispered and before she could even fully finish his lips were on hers.

She as disappointed when he suddenly pulled away and began to worry that it was actually something he didn’t want. But when she opened her eyes and looked at him again, she saw that he was looking at something behind them and turned to see Alex, Rian, and Zack standing there all talking at once.

“About time,” Alex huffed as he flopped down on the other bed and gave them a teasing smirk. “Do you want us to leave so that we can let you suck each other’s faces off again? Or do you want me to go do a condom run for you?”

Soph blushed dark red as she buried her face in Jacks shoulder and felt him pull her close and laugh at her reaction. She felt him say something back to Alex, hoping that he would tell him to go away and leave them alone, but by the look in Alex’s eyes, she knew he wasn’t going anywhere. So she gave up on hoping they would get the hint and smiled when she saw that they had brought some drinks and a deck of cards. This was going to be an interesting night.

She had texted Addie and Kora to see if they wanted to join but they never replied back and she took that as either they were already doing something, or they were pissed at her. And right now, either one could be true. But she wasn’t going to dwell on it. She was going to have some fun with the guys. Besides, she had wanted to get to know them a little better since they were after all Jack’s best friends, she wanted to know more about Jack’s life and who had came into Jack’s life after she had left.

“So do you guys want to learn a new game?” Soph asked as she took the seat between Jack and Rian at the small table.

“Does it involve drinking?” Alex asked as Zack cheered.

Soph rolled her eyes, “Is that all you ever think about? Does your girlfriend even know where you are?”

“Yeah, Zo’s out with Tay shopping or getting their hair done ore something. All I know is that they’re off doing some random girl things and won’t be back for a while. Why? Did you want to go along?”

“God no, I hate having to do all that girl crap. I order all my clothes online and only get my hair cut when it gets too annoying.” She replied as Rian laughed.

“You should have been a guy,” Rian said.

“God, life would have been so much easier then.” She muttered. “Anyway, so do you want to learn this game or not?”

Alex bowed, “Teach us oh wise one,”

“Well then shut up and start pouring the wine,” she opened the box of cards as the boys cheered more. She shuffled the cards and when Alex came back passing around the glasses, she started to deal them out while she explained how the game worked.

It took nearly a hour for the boys to focus enough to actually understand how the game worked and they ended up only playing one round before they got distracted again. By then, Soph gave up on trying to explain it to the drunken boys and somehow a epic game of truth or dare was started.

“Soph!” Alex said pointing to her and giving her a evil grin. “Truth or dare?”

“Truth,”

Alex pouted, “Aw you’re no fun!”

“Like I’m really going to trust you and pick dare when I barely know you.” She replied.

“Aw but this is a perfect way to trust us!”

She rolled her eyes, “I still pick truth.”

“Fine, be that way.” Alex muttered as he tried to think of something to ask her. “Aha! I got it! First kiss!”

Soph blushed and looked away trying to avoid Jack’s eye. She glared at Alex who gave her a smug look in return and told her to just answer it and get it over with. “Fine, Jack.”

There was only a moments silence before everyone started talking at once. Alex was freaking out while Rian turned to Zack and held out his hand as the bassist grabbed his wallet and handed the drummer a twenty.

“You bet on us?” Jack asked, glaring at his band mates. Rian just shrugged and put the bill in his pocket while Alex continued to freak out. Soph honestly didn’t understand what he was freaking out about. It was just a kiss when they were like five and it wasn’t that big of a deal. She just wanted to have her first kiss with someone she trusted, and asked Jack.

“Like you should be talking Jack, you and Alex bet on how long it would take Cass and I to get together when we first met.” Rian replied.

Jack laughed, “Oh yeah. And I lost too. Damn you and your slowness. I was only two days off but you two had to be all nervous and weird about it and take forever to figure out your feelings for each other.”

“Is that even a word?” Zack asked after taking another sip of wine. They all looked at him wondering what he was talking about and he continued, “Slowness. Is that a word?”

“Who cares if it’s a word? I don’t have the brain function to go into debate about it.” Alex said finally seeming to calm down. “What I want to know is why the hell you would pick this big idiot to you you’re first kiss, Soph.”

She shrugged, “I was five. I didn’t know any better. How was I supposed to know he would become one of the biggest man-whores in the world?”

Everyone started laughing, everyone except Jack that was. He was coping a fit trying to defend his ‘good name’. Everyone just ignored him as Alex announced that it was Soph’s turn to pick someone for truth or dare. She looked around the table instantly eliminating Jack since he really didn’t count. She already knew almost everything about him and she knew that he would pick truth so he didn’t count.

“Ok Alex,” She finally said smiling sweetly at the singer. “Truth or dare?”

Alex rolled his eyes, “Truth.”

“Really? Just because I picked it you’re going to be a girl and get back at me for picking it?” He just nodded giving her a smug look. “You’re such a girl.” She tried to think of something good to ask him since she wanted him to think twice about picking truth. It had to be something really good.

She was still trying to think of one when everyone’s attention was turned to someone walking in the room and she looked up to see Zo standing there with an amused and slightly annoyed expression.

“Seriously guys? I can hear you loud and clear through the walls.” She said as the boys all started to tease her not really taking her seriously. “And you all have press in the morning, and I don’t want to deal with grumpy boys. So go to bed.”

“Yes mom,” Rian muttered as he drank the last of his wine in one gulp and then stood, throwing his cup away as he headed to the door. “Night guys,”

Alex and Zack followed suit shortly after and Zo smiled to Jack and Soph wishing them a goodnight before linking hands with her boyfriend and walking out of the room. Soph laughed as she stood and went to her bag to grab a few things to change into and then disappeared into the bathroom.

When she came out a few moments later, she saw that Jack was already in one of the beds doing something on his phone. She rolled her eyes and stood there a moment trying to figure out if she should share a bed or sleep in her own. As if he knew what she was wondering, he smiled and patted the space next to him and gave up over thinking it and got in next to him.

He pulled her close and she snuggled into him resting her head on his chest and felt her eyes start to get heavy. But she felt Jack say something and her eyes opened and glanced up so that she was able to read his lips.

“So, what does this make us?” He asked and she could see the slight nervousness in his eyes as he asked her.

She smiled, “I was hoping something that this could be something more than friends.” She replied honestly and saw his eyes light up.

“Me too,” He kissed her forehead and then a slight blush painted his cheeks. “So does that mean that I can call you my girlfriend now?”

“Defiantly,” his smile widened as he leaned down and pressed his lips against hers and she cuddled back into his side after yawning widely.

He kissed the top of her head as she started to let her eyes fall closed once more and fell asleep quickly. She was the happiest she had been in a long time and for once when she slept, she didn’t dream of anything of importance. Usually it was something about what was going on at the moment, but the dream she had that night was that somehow her grandma was still alive and she was able to see where she was in her life at the moment and was able to see that Jack and her were back together again.

So naturally, when she was woken up, she had a small smile on her face. Only she realized that she didn’t need to be awake and felt the bed moving as someone got up. She groaned and rolled over opening her eyes to see Jack up and walking around.

“What are you doing up?” She asked sleepily as he turned and smiled to her as he walked over and sat on the edge of the bed gently pushing some of her hair out of her eyes.

“I have press in a half hour, Flyzik just called and I need to get going.”

She rolled her eyes, “No. It’s called a day off for a reason. You should be in bed not off doing rockstar stuff.”

“Yeah I wish I was too. But it won’t take that long, I promise.” He replied with a small smile. “But I was thinking, when I get back maybe you and I could go around and see the town. We don’t have to leave until a little later tonight. What do you think?”

“That sounds great,” he leaned down and kissed her softly. “But call me when you’re on your way back so I can get ready.”

“Ok, but for now just go back to sleep. Ok? I’ll see you soon.” She nodded and he leaned down once more to press his lips to hers before he stood and kissed her forehead telling her to go back to bed before he grabbed his things and left.

She smiled to herself as she rolled over onto her side and grabbed his pillow and snuggled it to her chest as she began to fall asleep. Yeah, she was really happy. She never wanted to lose him again, and would do anything to stay with him forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of corny but whatever. It's adorable. I have to admit. Anyway, so I've already got like six subscribers to Painting Flowers! Yeahy! Thank you to whoever already subscribed!!!!! Love you guys! Like I've been saying, this is almost done. I still don't know how much farther I'm going to go, but my plan is to know by the time the next chapter is up! So hope you guys are liking and keep commenting! I would love to hear feedback! =D