‹ Prequel: Admiring From Afar
Status: Active!

You Still Have All My Heart

Perfect Girlfriend

The next morning when Cassandra tried to get up she couldn’t. She looked down and saw a tan muscular arm around her waist holding her down. She smiled when she saw it. Then, she remembered yesterday’s events and frowned to herself. She couldn’t believe that someone followed them around the carnival and secretly took pictures of them. She remembered how she felt a little weird that day. She had a feeling that someone was following them or looking at them the whole time but ignored it since she wanted to have fun the guys from Sleeping With Sirens. She was glad that Zack didn’t make a huge deal out of it. She was glad that he trusted her, but she knew that that trust would be gone soon. She needed to tell him about sleeping with Jason during that party.

Cassandra grabbed her phone off the table next to the bed and quickly texted Jordan to warn her of the photos with the guys and that she should tell Alex herself before he gets told by someone else. She got a reply after a couple minutes.

Thanks, it would have not been pretty if he saw. I’ll tell him soon : )

Cassandra decided that she couldn’t stay in bed anymore. This happens to her a lot. Once she wakes up she can’t just lie in bed doing nothing. She had to get up and start the day or else she would feel like she was wasting time. She gently touched Zack’s arm and slowly moved it off her body. She moved her pillow so that he would be hugging the pillow. She always did this because she knew that Zack would wake up immediately if he felt as if he wasn’t holding her anymore. She wanted him to sleep more because she knew that he hardly gets sleep on tour.

She walked into the kitchen and decided to make him an omelet. She got out eggs, milk, a little bit of butter and a bowl. After measuring everything out she added it to the bowl and began to whisk it. She put it in the frying pan and decided to add a couple of peppers at the last minute. Right when it was done cooking she found Zack slowly walk in while rubbing his eyes with his hands.

“When I woke up you weren’t there so I got worried,” he told her after he sat down.

“No need to worry, I’m still here,” Cassandra told him with a smile. She put a plate in front of him and one where she would be sitting and put half of the omelet on each. She put the pan in the sink and grabbed both of them glasses and filled them up with orange juice. She then sat down and started to eat her omelet.

“Oh, shit, I forgot,” she said.

“What?” Zack asked her worried.

Cassandra just smiled and got up and walked over to the refrigerator. She pulled something out and placed it on the table with a smirk. Zack smiled when he saw the bottle and immediately grabbed it and squirted the tomatoey goodness on his egg. Cassandra just laughed when she saw him squirt about a third of a cup of it on his plate.

“What?” Zack asked her when he saw her giggling.

“It’s just funny how much you like ketchup,” she told him while laughing a little.

“It makes everything taste delicious,” he told her while putting a huge forkful in his mouth.

“I’m sure it does,” Cassandra said while rolling her eyes teasingly.

The two ate in silence after that and when they finished Zack suggested that they just spend the day inside and watch movies and Cassandra agreed. They needed a little bit of alone time together since they haven’t really been alone since the beginning of the tour.

“What do you wanna watch?” Zack asked her while looking through their movie collection.

“Toy Story 3?” she suggested.

“Sure, whatever you want,” Zack told her while pulling out the DVD. He popped it into the DVD player and sat down on the couch next to her. Cassandra curled up next to him and he put his arm around her.

About halfway through the movie Cassandra felt something on her shoulder. She turned her head and saw Zack’s head resting on her shoulder. He seemed to have fallen asleep while watching the movie and Cassandra just smiled at him. She knew that he would be tired. She gently held his head as she got off of the couch and put a pillow under it. She turned off the TV and let him rest for a little bit. She decided to work a little bit on the pictures from the photoshoot with Sleeping With Sirens. After editing them a little bit she heard someone knock on her door. When she opened the door she found Alex standing there with a frown on his face and his hands in fists. She didn’t get to greet him since he just stormed past her into her little apartment and walked into the kitchen. Cassandra stood there for another couple of seconds trying to think of a reason why Alex would be here instead of with Jordan. She walked into the kitchen to find him rummaging through the fridge.

“What are you looking for?” she asked him after watching him for a while.

“Beer,” he said without looking at her. He was still looking through it and when he didn’t find what he was looking for he started to look through the cabinets. “Why don’t you have any fucking alcohol in here?” he asked her with a frustrated frown on his face.

“We brought it all to the party yesterday,” Cassandra told him still confused as to why he was here. “Why are you here?” she asked him after he gave up and sat down at the table.

“Jordan fucking cheated on me with that prissy looking guy from Sleeping With Sirens or whatever. They should change their fucking name to Sleeping With Sluts because everyone knows that this isn’t the first time she’s cheated on me,” Alex told Cassandra angrily. He wasn’t even looking at her. He was glaring at his hands that were on the table.

“Oh, you found out about that?” she asked him.

“Yeah, I fucking found out about that. Wait, you knew about it? You knew about it and didn’t tell me? WHAT KIND OF FRIEND ARE YOU? LET ME GUESS, YOU GUYS WERE FUCKING LAUGHING ABOUT IT BEHING MY FUCKING BACK! WEREN’T YOU?!” he screamed at her.

“Look, Alex. Let’s talk about this more quietly and calmly. I know you’ve had fights with Jordan before but there’s no need to blow it out of proportion!” Cassandra hissed at him quietly. She didn’t want to wake Zack up.

“TALK ABOUT IT QUIETLY AND CALMLY. I’VE TRIED TO DO THAT IN THE PAST AND LOOK WHERE IT’S GOTTEN ME! NO WHERE. MY GIRLFRIEND FUCKING CHEATED ON MY WITH A GUY WHO’S SUPPOSEDLY ENGAGED. AND ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS KNEW ABOUT IT AND DIDN’T TELL ME! WHAT NICE FUCKING FRIENDS I HAVE!” he screamed at her with tears starting to run down his face.

“Okay, you need to stop the fucking screaming because Zack is sleeping the other room and I don’t want you to wake him up. Got it?” Cassandra told him while glaring at him.

“OH, ZACK. HOW COULD I FUCKING FORGET. HE PROBABLY KNEW ABOUT IT TOO! WHERE IS THAT FUCKER? I BET HE’S NOT EVEN SLEEPING. HE WAS PROBABLY LAUGHING ABOUT IT TOO!” Alex yelled. Now, Cassandra had it. She slapped his face and Alex was finally brought out of his hysteria. All he did now was slide to the floor and cry uncontrollably.

Cassandra just walked over to him and rubbed his back telling him that everything would be okay. After a couple of minutes, Zack wandered into the room asking what was going on.

“I woke up to yelling,” he said as he walked in. Cassandra just pointed to the crying lead singer. “What happened?” he asked her.

“I guess he finally lost it. I guess he saw the picture of Jordan kissing that guy and finally lost it and let out whatever he was holding in all this time,” she explained to him.

“Oh,” was all that Zack said. He walked over to where Alex was and sat down on the other side. “Dude, you can get through this. Do you even know the whole story?” he asked his friend.

“Yeah, she cheated on my again. End of story,” he told Zack bitterly. He had finally calmed down a bit.

“I’m sure she had a reason for it. A good fucking reason. Jordan wouldn’t do that to you,” Zack told him reassuringly.

“How do you know? What if she was tired of me? What if she likes guys with black hair and ones that are taller? What if it was his chest tattoo?!” Alex asked mainly talking to himself.

“I’m sure she wasn’t tired of you. Why don’t you ask her that?” Cassandra told him.

“I can’t,” Alex told them.

“Why not?” Zack asked him.

“You wouldn’t know. Cass has never cheated on you,” Alex muttered. “Why can’t I be dating you? Why do you have to be engaged to Zack?” he asked Cassandra.

“Don’t worry Alex. I’m not as great as you’re making me out to be,” Cassandra told him.

“Yeah, you are. You’re probably the world’s best girlfriend. Right Zack?” he asked his friend.

“Well, she is a pretty good girlfriend,” he said agreeing with is friend.

“See! Zack seems to agree with me,” Alex said. “You’re the most perfect girlfriend,” he said with a frown.

“C’mon guys, I’m not that good of a girlfriend,” Cassandra said feeling slightly uncomfortable. How could she tell Zack that she cheated on him when he admitted that he thought she as a great girlfriend?

“Yeah, you are,” Zack told her, “no need to be modest. Your kisses are always the sweetest, you’re kind, funny, beautiful, and great in bed. What more can you ask for?”

“I’m not that great,” Cassandra repeated. She was starting to feel extremely uncomfortable with the conversation.

“Yeah, you are. Zack’s making you sound like the girl every guy dreams of,” Alex told her with a smile. “Damn, why can’t we be dating?”

“Really, you wouldn’t want to date me,” Cassandra told him nervously.

“I’ve been dating you for quite a while and it’s been probably the best years of my life. I’m so glad that my parents told me that I’m marrying you,” Zack told her with a smile. He leaned over Alex and kissed his girlfriend lightly on the lips.

“See! You guys the most perfect couple. Not to mention you’ll be the first to me married. Why can’t I have something like that?!” Alex exclaimed in frustration.

“Trust me when I tell you that I’m not the perfect girlfriend,” Cassandra repeated quietly.

“I don’t believe you,” Alex told her while smiling.

“Yeah, me either. The whole time I’ve been with you you’ve been perfection. It’s so easy to fall in love with you it should be illegal,” Zack told her while smiling at her. Love was the only emotion in his eyes.

“Well, y-you should,” Cassandra told them. She figured it was now or never. He was going to find out somehow and she would feel better if she told him. “Be-because, because I..” she started. Both boys were staring at her intently, encouraging her to go on. “Because I-I cheated on you,” she said quietly.

“What? I couldn’t hear you sorry,” Zack told her with a smile. He looked like he was telling the truth. She did say it extremely quietly. Zack may have not heard what she said but Alex heard it loud and clear. His expression went from playful to surprise to depressed.

“So, there really aren’t any perfect people in this world, huh? In the end, people are just going to let you down so why should you get your hopes up? Life’s just one big disappointment,” he said quietly. He shook his head and then got up off the floor and left the apartment.

“What was that about?” Zack asked her, confused. “Why did he say that?” he asked after a minute of silence.

“Because it’s true,” Cassandra told him while looking at the floor.

“Excuse me?” Zack asked her.

“Life is a disappointment. You said that I was a perfect girlfriend but you’re wrong be-because I-I cheated on y-you,” she stuttered on the last word. She hoped that he wouldn’t run away. She wanted him to tell her that he forgave her and that he loved her too much to break up with her. However, she knew that that wouldn’t happen. She knew that Zack would be furious with her and that he would leave her. That’s why she wasn’t surprised when he grabbed his coat and left the apartment; leaving her to wallow in her misery.
♠ ♠ ♠
__

I’m really sorry that I didn’t update yesterday. I had to do some hardcore studying since I took the Chemistry SAT II today. I hope that this chapter makes up for it :D
So, how do you like the chapter? ;D

I really liked writing it so please comment & subscribe & I’ll love you forever and ever! C:

Total count: 2,177 words. Impressive.

Also, you should totally check out my friend, Jordan’s spin off of this story, You Had Me At Hello. It’s Jordan and Alex’s love story <3 There’s only one chapter out but it’s really good and awesomely well written c:

Anyway, please comment & subscribe & I’ll love you forever &ever<3