‹ Prequel: Admiring From Afar
Status: Active!

You Still Have All My Heart

Vacation

Zack didn’t come back that night, which didn’t surprise Cassandra. He was probably staying at Jack or Rian’s house until he found a place for himself, or until another tour started, whichever came first. Cassandra decided to spend the whole day editing the photos she took the day before and then she would pick the best thirty-five and mail them to their manager.

She spent an hour or two editing them before she was interrupted by her stomach rumbling. She tore herself away from the computer and walked slowly into her kitchen. She was extremely surprised to see Jordan sitting at her kitchen table eating a donut with a coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Cassandra asked her friend, looking at her suspiciously.

“I have the day off today. Is it so bad that I wanted to spend it with my best friend?” Jordan told her friend with an innocent look on her face.

“I guess not,” Cassandra said doubtfully. She walked over to her refrigerator and looked through it to see what she wanted to eat. She decided that since she had a lot of fruit in it, which she didn’t want to waste, she would make a fruit smoothie. She grabbed the boxes of strawberries, blueberries, and cherries and put them all into the blender on the counter. She added a little milk and she hit the bled button and waited a couple of seconds before turning it off and pouring her smoothie into a glass. She sat down across from her friend and started to drink her smoothie. Cassandra and Jordan enjoyed a little small talk while enjoying their breakfasts. Once they finished, they cleaned up and Cass told her friend that she had to do a little work. Jordan was totally fine with that and turned on the TV. Cassandra decided to move into the living room so that she could keep Jordan company.

After editing for another three hours Cassandra was finally done and she had picked the ten that she picked the thirty-five that she liked the most. She sent them to the manager via email and she then closed her laptop.

“You finished?” Jordan asked her friend when she heard the click her friend’s computer made when it was closed.

“Yup,” Cassandra replied with a smile on her face. “You wanna see?” she suggested to her friend.

“Sure,” Jordan replied. She turned off the TV and moved towards where her friend was sitting.

Her friend showed her the picture she had sent to the manager of Pierce the Veil and Jordan was in awe at her friend’s work.

“You really took these?” her friend asked Cassandra.

“Yup. Yesterday I went to see them in concert. They seemed like really nice boys,” Cassandra said.

“Their lead singer is pretty hot. I’d bang him,” Jordan commented when she saw another picture.

“Vic, Vic Fuentes,” Cassandra told Jordan.

“Vic Fuentes. I’ll have to remember that,” Jordan said, mostly to herself.

The girls finished looking at the pictures and Jordan was shocked at how good her friend was at her job.

“So, what do you want to do today?” Cass asked her friend while closing her computer.

“Well, I came here because I wanted to discuss something with you,” Jordan told her friend. She was looking at the wall behind Cass, not at her.

“I’m all ears,” Cass told her friend, looking at her eagerly.

“I was thinking that we take a vacation. Just you, me, and Ana. I think that we need to get away from Maryland for a little while, so we can clear our minds. We both need to get away from our drama with the boys. I think it’ll be good for us,” Jordan explained.

Cassandra thought about it for a while. She would be able to get away the guilt she was feeling because of Zack. She would be able to get away from Jason and the past. When she came back Zack would have hopefully calmed down and they’d be able to talk again. This wouldn’t just be good for Cass either. This would help Jordan too. She would be able to get away from Alex and their toxic relationship. She might be able to meet a nice boy who would treat her right and wouldn’t be a douche bag like Alex was.

“I’m in,” Cass told her friend with a huge smile after thinking about what this trip would entail. “Where were you thinking of going?” she asked her friend.

“I was thinking the west? Maybe we could go to Tempe and visit Jenn?” Jordan suggested to her friend.

“That sounds like a great idea,” Cassandra told her friend. “How long do you think we would stay?”

“I was thinking two weeks? Three weeks tops?” her friend told her.

“That sounds so perfect,” Cassandra told her friend with a smile. “All we have to do is tell Ana about our plan and then we can go!”

The two girls made their way to the restaurant where Ana was currently working. They said hi to the hostess and they asked her when Ana’s break would be. The girl told them that she was on her break right now. Cassandra decided to call her to find her. She picked up the phone on the fourth ring.

“Hello?” she answered the phone.

“Hey Ana. It’s me Cass. I heard you were on your break right now and I just wanted to talk to you about something,” Cass told her through the phone.

“Oh, I’m just in the coffee shop right across the street,” Ana told her friend.

“I’ll be there in five,” Cass told her and then hung up. “She’s in the coffee shop across the street,” Cass told Jordan. The two girls walked into the shop and immediately saw their friend sipping a cup of what looked like tea. The girls sat down across from their friend.

“Hey,” Ana said when they sat down. “So what did you want to talk about?” she asked.

“Well, Jordan here, came up with a fantastic idea. She said that we should get away for a while. Go on vacation. Get away from the drama here and clear our minds and thoughts. So what do you think?” Cass asked her friend.

“Sounds like a great idea-” Ana told her friend.

“So you’re in?” Cass interrupted her friend with a big smile on her face. They could all go on a trip and go sightseeing together. It would be fantastic.

“-for you guys,” Ana finished her sentence. This caused Cass and Jordan’s expressions to dampen a little.

“What do you mean? Jordan asked her friend.

“Well, I would love to go with you, but I don’t think I can take any time off yet. I just started this job and I can’t afford to make a bad impression. I’m really sorry,” Ana told her friends with a frown.

“I understand. Don’t worry. We’ll keep in touch with you so much that it’ll seem like you’re there,” Cass told the girl with a smile on her face.

“I’m looking forward to that,” she said with a smile. “So when are you guys leaving?” she asked.

“Well, I was thinking in three days?” Jordan said, looking towards her blonde friend, not sure about her reaction since they didn’t discuss this yet.

“Yeah, that sounds about right. It gives me enough time to inform my boss and get everything ready,” Cass said.

“Awesome, well if you need any help packing you know who to call,” Ana told her friends with a wink.
“I may just have to take you up on that offer,” Jordan told her friend with a smirk.

“Well, just let me know and I’ll be there to help,” Ana told her friend. She looked behind Cass to see what time it was and freaked out a little when she saw that she was ten minutes late. “Oh shit, I gotta go, but I’ll talk to you guys later,” she told her friends. She quickly gathered her trash and threw it out on her way out of the shop.

“So I’ll look on the computer tonight for some airplane tickets. Where do you wanna go first? Or do you wanna be in Tempe the whole time?” Jordan asked her friend.

“Well, I was thinking we could go to Cali? I’ve always wanted to go there and maybe try and surf a couple of waves. We could stay there for a week and then we could stay in Tempe for week and then leave,” Cass suggested.

“Sounds good. So I’ll look for a flight to Cali. Anywhere specific? I was thinking like San Diego. I don’t really want to go to Hollywood or any place like that. I could do without the celebrities and paparazzi,” Jordan told her friend.

“Sounds awesome,” Cass told her friend. “I’ll tell my boss at my photoshoot later today. I just realized something. We’re going to be gone for my birthday. I think we’ll be in Tempe around then so do you wanna spend it with the Maine boys? Then when we get back we could hang with our friends here,” Cass told Jordan.

“Yeah, sounds awesome. I gotta go because I have an appointment in twenty minutes but we can talk moer about this later,” Jordan said.

“Yeah no problem. I gotta go soon too. I’ll talk to you later,” Cass said and then Jordan left. A couple of minutes later Cass left to her photoshoot. She hoped that her boss would let her take so much time off.
♠ ♠ ♠
__
outfits

Sorry the ending was terrible. I was lacking ideas and I wanted to post this. I’m also sorry that it’s not as long as the other ones I’ve posted recently. Next week’s will be better. I promise <3

Thanks to:
Devastating Home.
Faux Cattle