‹ Prequel: Admiring From Afar
Status: Active!

You Still Have All My Heart

Hospital

Cassandra was walking around a forest and taking pictures of all of the beautiful scenery. It was amazing how beautiful the scenery was, it almost looked unnaturally beautiful. She snapped picture after picture and smiled when she came across a mother fox with her baby pup. . Hopefully the mother fox wouldn’t notice her since mothers got very aggressive when their babies were around them. Cassandra quietly walked over towards them and snapped a picture. She was able to take the picture without the mother noticing and walked back over to where the trail was. She kept walking and walking until she came across a beautiful waterfall. It was just like the one she had seen with Jenn and the guys when they went camping. She walked over towards it and stuck her feet in, immediately relaxing when she felt the cool water In between her toes.

Suddenly, she was no longer surrounded by nature’s beauty but in her apartment with Zack. It seemed as if she was watching what was happening, not a part of it. It was as if she was floating by the ceiling, looking down at what happened. She watched Zack play on his acoustic guitar. She always loved it when she played his guitar. She could tell that he really loved playing and that he was living his dream when he was on stage playing with the guys. She continued to watch him play his guitar when all of a sudden the doorbell rang. She watched Zack put down his guitar and walk over towards their front door. She could see Zack talk to the person at the door but she still couldn’t see who he was talking to. She watched as he hugged the mystery person and by the slenderness of the arms around Zack’s back she could tell it was a girl. She watched as Zack invited the mystery girl inside. Cass couldn’t help but stare at the girl’s beauty. She was tall but not too tall and she had the shiniest brown hair Cass had ever seen. Her body was nice and she had big boobs, Zack always had a thing for boobs. She watched as Zack smiled at laughed at what she told him and she watched as he gave her a drink. They sat down on the couch in the living room and started to watch a movie. From what Cass could tell by the girl’s action and expression it was a scary movie. Cass watched as the girl cuddled closer and closer to Zack. I’m sure that they’re just friends, Cass thought to herself when she watched them cuddle on the couch. However, that theory was gone when she saw Zack lean down and kiss the girl on the lips. Cass screamed out for them to stop. She yelled at Zack and the girl to stop kissing that she was watching them. She yelled at Zack saying that she thought that he loved her and that he wanted to talk about getting back together. She yelled out that she loved him and that she was sorry for cheating on him. That she didn’t mean it. She yelled and yelled so much that her throat was starting to feel hoarse and she had tears streaming down her cheeks. She yelled until she couldn’t yell anymore and her body was consumed hiccups coming from her chest.

Then, once again she was transported to another place. This time she was back in the car with Jason. He was explaining something to her while she concentrated on trying to read the street signs. Suddenly Jason screamed out.

“CASS! WATCH OUT FOR THE DEER! YOU’RE GOING TO HIT IT! WATCH OUT!” Jason screamed.

Cass swerved when she heard Jason scream out. She didn’t want to kill a deer plus it would be murder on the car. She was frightened and unfamiliar with the area, two terrible combinations. She quickly turned to right and hit the brakes with all of the force she could muster and the next thing she knew the car was out of control. She tried to gain control over the car again by turning the steering wheel in the opposite direction she was spinning but it was no use. The car was out of contr-


Beep! Beep! Beep!

Cass heard the annoying sound and all she wanted to do was make it stop. She tried to move her hand over to where she heard the noise but she couldn’t. It was as if she was paralyzed. She couldn’t move anything. All she could feel was white hot pain all over her body. She wanted to tell someone about the pain but she couldn’t even open her mouth, all she could do was cry out in her thoughts. It hurts! Help! What’s wrong with me? Make the pain go away! she screamed in her mind. Suddenly, she heard a voice in the room.

“Cass, I’m so fucking sorry that I wasn’t there for you today. I know that I should have since I’m supposed to be your best friend, but I wasn’t. I’m so sorry. I know that you probably can’t hear me right now but if you can I just want you to know that I’m really sorry that I wasn’t there for you. I’m a terrible friend and I would understand if you wake up mad with me. Just please, I want you to know that I love you and that from now on I’ll be the bestest friend a girl could as for,” Cass heard Jordan whisper to her. Cass tried to respond to her friend’s heartfelt words. She tried to cry out and tell Jordan that she forgives her and that she’s already the bestest friend she could ever hope for. However, it wasn’t so easy. She tried to move a part of her body but it was like she nailed to the bed. She was powerless.

“Hey, how’s she doing?” Cass heard a deep voice say.

“She’s still not awake,” Jordan said sadly.

“I’m sure she’ll wake up soon. All we can do now is wait,” the deep voice said. Cass figured it was one guys.

“I’ve done enough waiting! I left her on her birthday and now she’s in a hospital bed?! I’m a terrible friend and the longer she stays asleep the more and more I think that I should’ve been at the party. Who knows, maybe if I was there she wouldn’t be where she is right now. Maybe I could’ve saved her,” Jordan him.

“Honey, I know you’re feeling tremendously guilty right now but I’m sure Cass won’t blame you for anything. She’s not that type of person. What happened, happened and all we can do now is try to get through it,” Austin told her with a calming voice.

“I guess,” Jordan muttered after a while. “I still feel terrible,” she added quietly.

“I know you do, but let’s try to think positively about this, I’m sure that’s what Cass would be saying if she were here,” Austin said.

“I guess,” Jordan repeated.

“Well, I’m going to be right back, nature calls. Are you going to be fine? Do you want me to stay here?” Austin asked her, worried.

“I’ll be fine. You go do what you need to do,” Jordan told him. Cass could hear Austin walk out of the room and she heard Jordan move closer to her. “Cass, please wake up. I need you to be alright,” Jordan whispered. She took hold of Cass’s hand and Cassandra could feel a teardrop fall onto her hand. Jordan was crying. Cass didn’t want that. She hated it when people cried in front of her. She wanted everyone around her to be happy. All she wanted to do was wipe the tears from her friend’s eyes and tell her everything was going to be okay. She knew that’s what she had to do. She tried to lift her hand with all of her strength. She must have succeeded a little because next thing that Cass heard was Jordan’s scream.

“HER HAND MOVED! SHE’S OKAY! AUSTIN! NURSE! DOCTOR! GUYS SHE’S OKAY!” Jordan yelled. Jordan still kept holding onto Cass’s hand. A few minutes later Cass could hear the footsteps of many people. She wanted to see who was there, so she tried again with all of her strength to open her heavy eyelids.

“Is she awake?” she heard someone ask.

“No, but her hand moved so that’s good, right?” Jordan asked.

“Yeah, we’re making improvements. Hopefully she’ll wake up soon,” the doctor said.

Cass tried again, she needed to tell everyone that she was alright and that they could stop worrying about her. She tried opening her eyes and after a couple seconds of struggling she did it. It took her eyes a couple of seconds to adjust to the lighting and get used to working after for not being in use for quite a while. She looked over to Jordan, who was still holding her hand and smiled.

“Hey,” Cass rasped to her friend. Her voice was hoarse from the lack of use and for the lack of moisture in her mouth.

“CASS! YOU’RE AWAKE!” Jordan yelled when she heard her friend.

“Hey,” Cass said with a slight smile on her face.

“Cass, I’m glad to see you’re awake. Tell me a little bit of how you feel,” the doctor told her.

“Well, my head hurts a lot and so does every other part of my body,” Cass started, “uhh, also, my throats really dry so could I get some water?”

“Of course, I’ll tell one of the nurses to bring you some water and some food,” the doctor said with a smile and left the room.

“Cass! I’m so fucking sorry for not being there for you. I really am. I hope you can forgive me. From now on I’ll become the bestest of the best! I won’t let anything happen to you,” Jordan told her friend when the doctor left. “I missed you so much. I seriously had no idea what I’d do if I lost you. You mean so fucking much to me it’s crazy,” Jordan told her friend with tears in her eyes.

“Hey, Jordan, don’t hog her!” someone whined. Cass looked over to corner where the voice came from and saw Pat pouting.

“Awww, Patty! Come over here,” Cass told him with a huge smile. Pat walked over the where Cass was and sat down on the edge of the bed. “You look terrible,” Cass said when she saw Pat’s face up close.

“Well, we’ve all been pretty worried about you and Jason so none of us have really had the time to care about our appearances,” Pat explained.

“Jason! That’s right! How is he?” Cass asked them.

No one answered for while which Cass took as a bad sign.

“C’mon. What’s wrong with him?” Cass asked them.

“Well, his injuries are worse than yours and he’s still not awake,” Kennedy told her from across the room. Everyone glared at him after he told Cass this. “What? Someone had to tell her,” he defended himself.

“Well, we didn’t have to tell her now! She just woke up!” Jordan scolded him.

“Jordan, it’s fine, I want to know what’s going on with him. I need to thank him when he wakes up,” Cass told her quietly.

“Why do you need to thank him?” Jordan asked her friend curiously.

“Because he was the one who pulled me out of the car after the crash despite his wounds,” Cass said with a smile.

“Oh, well you can ask the doctor when she comes back if you can go over to his room,” Jordan told her with a smile. “In the meantime, you can spend some time with us! We’ve missed you!” she told her friend while flinging her arms around Cass’s body; she was careful not to do it too roughly since Cass was still in pain from the crash.

“So, what happened while I was out?” Cass asked the people in her room. She looked around to see just who exactly was in her room. She saw Jordan, Pat, Austin, Alan, Kennedy, and Jenn.

“Well, we were wondering what was taking you and Jason so long to get back when we got a phone call from the police saying they found you and Jason a couple streets over in a bad crash and that they would bring you to the nearby hospital. So, we got everyone out of the house and got some stuff to bring over to the hospital. Right when we were about to get everything and leave Jordan comes in with Austin and Alan wondering where the party is,” Jenn started the explanation.

“Then, we were informed of what had happened and I freaked out. So, we got back into the car stopped at the nearest grocery store to get some flowers, balloons, cards, and candy for you. We were shown to your room and none of us could believe what had happened. It didn’t seem real that you were lying here on this bed with all of these bandages and machines hooked up to you. You looked so pale and lifeless it was scary. I never want to experience something like that again,” Jordan ended.

“Well, I’m hopefully nothing like this ever happens again,” Cass told them. The nurse then came into the room with a tray of food with some juice and water. She placed it on the built in tray that was next to the bed and swiveled it so that the food was right in front of Cass. “Thank you,” Cass said to the nurse with a smile. The nurse smiled in return and then replaced Cass’s IV bag and gave Cass a few more painkillers. The nurse left and the guys started talking again. “Oh, before I forget, how long was I out?” Cass asked her friends.

“About three days,” Kennedy told her. Cass nodded.

“Hey Cass, is it okay if I leave for a bit? I’m starving,” Jordan told her friend.

“Of course! I don’t want you to starve because of me,” Cass told her.

“I’ll join you,” Austin said, “Cass, I’m glad you’re alright. I know what it’s like to be in the hospital and I hope all goes well so you can get out of here as soon as possible.”

“Thanks Austin, it’s nice seeing you again by the way, I wish the circumstances were different but what can we do?” Cass asked with a small smile.

“Uhh, Cass, is it okay if I go as well? I’ll be back really quickly. I promise,” Jenn told her friend.

“Of course! Guys, if you’re hungry go eat! I’m not holding you here hostage,” Cass joked with them.

Everybody left in search of food, everybody except for Alan.

“Aren’t you hungry?” Cass asked him when she saw that he was the only one still in the room with her.
“I ate before, plus I want to keep you company,” Alan told her with a smile.

“Aww, well isn’t that nice of you,” Cass said with a smile. “Come sit over her,” she told him gesturing to the seat next to her. She ate some of the food the nurse gave her and then started talking to Alan. “So, how was the ride over here?” she asked him.

“Kinda awkward since I was sitting in the back and Jordan and Austin were sitting in the front talking, nothing music couldn’t fix, took a couple of selfies on the way as well,” Alan blushed when he said the last part.

“Haha, yeah you do take quite a few don’t you,” Cass teased him, “I’m pretty sure you take more than me! And I’m an actual girl.”

“Hey, when you got a body like this you can’t help but take pictures of it,” Alan joked gesturing to his body. “Gotta keep the ladies interested,” he winked.

“I guess you do,” Cass said with a smile. They talked about a couple more thinks before Alan asked her something.

“When I talked to you on the phone on your birthday, I said that I had something I needed to tell you. Is now a good time to tell you what I need to?” Alan asked her.

“Uhh, sure,” Cass told him.

“Well, I just want to start off with I know that you aren’t looking for anything romantic but I just want you to know that the couple of days we shared in California were amazing and I would love for them to happen over again. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I really like you Cass and I know that you’re not looking for anything like that and we happen to live on opposite sides of the country but I think we could work y’know? I’m not asking for you to answer anything I just want you to know how I feel,” Alan told her while tangling his fingers in his shirt. Cass couldn’t see his face clearly but she could tell he was blushing.

“Alan, you’re by far the cutest ginger I’ve ever met and I agree that the days we spent together were amazing but you’re right. I’m not really looking for anything right now but I’m happy to know your feelings,” Cass told him with smile.

“And I’ll wait for you if I have to,” he told her.

“No, you don’t have to do that. I don’t want you to wait for me because I don’t know if it’ll work out between us,” Cass told him.

“I understand. Well, even if it’s not as a lover I want you to know that I’ll always be here for you Cass. Always,” he told her, grabbing her hands and looking into her eyes. Cass nodded, tears filling her eyes and Cass wrapped her arms around him. He did the same and they stayed that way for a while.

“You’re such a great guy. I’m sure that there’s a girl out there that’s perfect for you,” Cass whispered into his ear.

“Well, wherever she is, she should come out of hiding already,” Alan joked. They released each other from their hug, just in time for everyone else to arrive back in the room. Cassandra was so happy to be surrounded by such great people. She couldn’t ask for a better group of friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
__

jordan’s outfit

Sorry for the late update!!! I’m just going to let you know from here on out that I’m not going to update regularly. I’m sorry but school hasn’t been that great and the classes that I thought would be easy this year have decided that they don’t want me to do well so I have to do extra work so it doesn’t lower my GPA. Ahh, I can’t wait for junior year to be over…

Anyway! I hope you enjoy. I love all of you guys.

Thanks to:
feedmetothewolves;

please comment and subscribe!!!