Status: Finished! Look for the sequel!

When Worlds Collide: Book One, Water

11

An hour later, Iroh still wasn’t back.
“That’s it,” Zuko said. “C’mon Sam, let’s go get him.”
And suddenly, I was being dragged back into the forest. I realized that a few of the soldiers came with us.
“Uncle!” Zuko shouted, storming through the brush, “Uncle, where are you?”
I sighed. “This is so deja veux,” I muttered.
Zuko ignored me, rolling his eyes.
We arrived at the pool of water that we last saw Iroh, only to find he wasn’t there.
“Sir,” a guy said, “maybe he thought you left without him.”
“Somethings not right here,” Zuko said, a thoughtful look crossing his face. Then he turned.
“That pile of rocks,” I muttered.
“It was a landslide, girl, can’t you tell?” the same man said. His voice sounded like he didn’t like the idea of women doing anything other than making sandwiches... Ugh.
“Land doesn’t slide uphill,” Zuko defended me, glaring at the masked man. I snickered. “Those rocks didn’t move naturally. My uncles been captured by Earth Benders.”

Half an hour later, Zuko and I were walking alone-except for the rhino that was following us- in search of Iroh.
I was humming to songs that only I would know- things like One Direction, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and stuff- while Zuko would chuckle at me every once in a while.
At one point, I was humming my favorite song- I Want You Back by Cher Loyd- and I just decided to start singing it-terribly off key.
“Remember all the things that you and I did first? And now you’re doin’ them with her? Remember all the things you I did first, you got me, got me like this! Ohhh!” I sang.
Zuko laughed openly now, and neither of us were paying attention, which lead to me tripping over something, and Zuko falling on top of me.
“Ugh...,” I groaned.
Zuko chuckled again, and rolled off of me. “Let’s say that’s payback for when the rhino bucked us off and you used me as a cushion,” he said.
I glared playfully. “Whatever... that was your fault anyway.”
He rolled his eyes. What did you trip on anyway?” he asked
I shrugged. “I don’t know, you go see. I’m lay here for a while,” I sighed, looking up at the sky. I was tired. We’d been walking for what felt like ages.
“A shoe,” I heard him say. “You tripped over a shoe.”
I raised my head up a little. “It’s Iroh’s,” I gasped. Wow. I must’ve not been watching the show as much as I thought I did.
“How do you know it’s Uncles?” Zuko asked.
I shrugged.
Zuko smelt the shoe, and instantly recoiled. “Yep. That’s Uncle Iroh,” he said.
I giggled. “Told ya so.”
He rolled his eyes. Hmm. He did that a lot. “Come on, if we ride the rhino we might be able to catch up to them.”
“But...,” I said, giving him puppy dog eyes. “I’m tired. And I can’t get up.” I lifted my arms, and waited for his sigh as he came over and lifted me up. I walked over to the rhino, trying, and failing, to get on.
Zuko sighed and helped me up. I blushed as he got on behind me.
“I could’ve done it you know,” I muttered.
“Yeah, in a few years,” Zuko joked.
I laughed. “No... a month tops.”
I heard him sigh.

We were riding on a path, following animal prints when we saw Appa.
“The Avatar,” Zuko breathed. He started to turn and follow him, but he looked back towards the way that Iroh most likely was. I watched the internal battle taking place in his head, waiting on the outcome. I knew what his choice would be, but I was still nervous.
What if he chose differently? A minute later, he continued on our original path.
Another ten minutes, and we had left the rhino back in the forested area while we were watching four Earth Benders surrounding Iroh.
I silently gasped when one of them-the leader it looked like- raised a rock over the generals hands.
Right before it dropped, Zuko ran forward and kicked it away. He used his foot to break the chains that were holding Iroh.
“Excellent form, Prince Zuko,” Iroh complemented.
“You taught me well, Uncle,” he responded.
I smiled at their small conversation.
“Surrender yourselves,” the leader said, “it’s five against two.”
Five? But I only counted....
A hand went over my mouth, and I was being dragged out from behind my rock.
“You’re clearly out numbered,” the leader continued, “and we have the upper hand.”
“Sam!” Zuko shouted when he saw me.
“That’s true,” Iroh said, sending a comforted look towards me, “but you are clearly out matched.”
Before I knew it, a battle had taken place in front of me, and within seconds, Zuko attacked the man that was holding me.
“You okay?” he asked, and I nodded. “Good. Now go hide behind a rock or something and stay there. I don’t want you getting hurt.”
I nodded, and ran. How was it that yesterday, we hated each others guts, and now, Zuko is saving me, and we’re friends?
I sighed. I guess its one of the worlds mysteries. At one point, I noticed that four men were down, and one, the leader, came from no where.
He just happened to used the rock I was hiding behind to earth bend with. He noticed, and smirked. He raised it over my head, and dropped it.
“Sam!” I heard Zuko and Iroh yell. I screamed and raised my hands up over me in a feeble attempt to protect myself. My eyes were shut tight, and from behind my eyelids, I saw a bright light, and felt an intense heat.
And then... nothing. The rock never did touch me. It was silent in the rocky field, and I slowly opened my eyes to see three sets of eyes staring at me.
“What?” I asked, and that was all it took for Iroh to take down the leader.
“You... you’re...,” Zuko stuttered.
“What? What happened?” I asked. What was going on?
“I thought you said you weren’t Fire Nation? That you were from Kangaroo Island?” Zuko shouted at me.
My eyes widened. “I’m not! I mean... I...” I shook my head. “You’re making me confused. No, I am not Fire Nation, and yes I’m from Kangaroo Island.” Yes, I’m still sticking to the same story. I wasn’t going to tell anyone else about my... other worldly home.
“But you just fire bended!” Zuko said.
I squinted. “Really? Now you’re going to start telling me I’m a bender? I told you, I’m not! I can’t water bend like Katara, and I can’t fire bend like you two.”
Zuko looked at me like I was stupid. Even Iroh gave me a weird look.
“Sam...,” Iroh started, “you did fire bend.”
No I didn’t,” I said stubbornly. “I can’t bend. Where I’m from... Kangaroo Island.... no one can bend.”
Zuko raised his eyebrow. “I think we need to get back to ship and discuss this. Before these people wake up,” he said.
“There’s nothing to discuss,” I said, but followed him anyway.

We were back on the ship, in Zuko’s room. I was laying on his bed, refusing to get up. Zuko tried sitting on the foot of the bed, but I just grinned and kicked him off. He landed on the ground with a thud, and I laughed.
“Mine,” I chuckled darkly. He rolled his eyes, and went to go sit at his desk. “Now, what did you two want to ‘discuss’?” I asked, rolling my eyes.
I don’t why everyone insisted I was a bender. And now that two different groups of people have accused me of two different elements, I knew for sure they were messing with me.
“Sam...,” Zuko started, looking into my eyes. I couldn’t help but fidget under his gaze. “Do you remember that game we played earlier today, with the questions?”
“Yea...,” I said confused.
“Well, we’re going to play that now. Except I’m the one asking the questions, and no lying.”
My eyes widened a fraction. “O-okay,” I stuttered.
He nodded. “Whats your name? Your real, full name,” he said.
“Samantha Michelle Simmons,” I answered.
“Where are you from?” he asked.
I hesitated. “I told you... Kangaroo Island,” I lied.
He shook his head. “I said no lying. And I know you’re not from there. I can tell by your eyes, your complexion,” he said. “Besides, you said something about a ‘country’ the other day.”
Oh great, the only man in the world who actually pays attention to what women say... “I... can’t tell you,” I said.
“Why not?” Iroh asked. I jumped, forgetting he was there.
I sat up on the bed. “It’s... complicated. And Katara, Sokka, Aang and I decided it would be best if it was kept secret.”
“If a few little kids can understand it, then why can’t we?” Zuko asked.
I looked at the floor. “You wouldn’t believe me anyway,” I whispered. “It would be impossible to explain, and even more impossible to prove it.”
“Try me,” Zuko stated.
I bit my lip, still refusing to meet his gaze. After a few more moments of silence, I finally sighed. They weren’t going to take no for an answer, that much was clear.
I finally looked up, and was startled to find my eyes locking with Zuko’s two golden orbs. I shook my head, clearing it of all thoughts.
I sighed. “I’m not from Kangaroo Island,” I started. “I’m not from... here. This world I mean.” I glanced over at Iroh, only see that his face was expressionless. “I guess you could say I’m from a different dimension.”
I looked up at Zuko, waiting for him to say something. He looked shocked, almost disbelieving. Almost.
But then he nodded. “It makes sense,” he said.
“I... wait, what?” I asked, unsure that I heard him right.
He nodded. “You’re always saying weird things. And the way you act. It makes sense,” he said, shrugging.
“I’ve heard of other worlds...,” Iroh said to himself, “but I never dreamed...”
My jaw dropped. “You guys believe me?” I asked. “I don’t have to prove it to you like I did to the others?”
Zuko shrugged. “I don’t know why you would need to prove it. All the proof I needed was one conversation with you.”
Iroh chuckled. “Or an argument.”
Zuko nodded. “That too.”
I sighed. “Am I really that bad an actress?” I asked.
Zuko chuckled and nodded.
“Guess I can cross off ‘pop star’ and ‘movie star’ off my list...,” I muttered.
“See?” Zuko said. “That right there is proof. What the heck is a pop star?”
I laughed. “I guess you’re right...”
“But, this leaves questions on the table,” Iroh said.
“Like what?” I asked.
“Like how you’re able to fire bend, and possibly water bend,” he replied.
I groaned and fell back down onto the bed. “Oh, I know!” I said with fake excitement, “You guys probably hit your head, and was in a daze. That’s why you didn’t notice that one of you threw the fire ball thing-y.”
I could practically hear Zuko roll his eyes at me.
“I think we’d notice if we hit our heads, Sam,” he said.
I shrugged. “You never know.”
“I have an idea,” Iroh declared. “Tomorrow morning, while I am training Prince Zuko, I will teach you a simple, basic fire bending move. Then, we will see if you are a bender or not.”
I sat up to see Zuko nodding. “Sounds like a plan,” he said, and Iroh said goodnight, leaving to go to his own room.
“Wait. Don’t I get a say in this?” I asked.
Zuko grinned. “Nope,” he said, popping the ‘P’.
I groaned, and stood up. “I’m going to bed,” I told him. “Night Prince Zuko.” I smiled and left the room.
“Night other worldly Sam,” he called.
I turned and stuck my tongue out at him.
As I lay in bed, I couldn’t stop thinking. How did I become friends with the banished prince? And how did he and Iroh believe me so easily? Why was I so happy that they did?
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY TWO UPLOADS IN ONE NIGHT. AND MY KEYBOARD HATES ME FOR SOME REASON.?
sigh. i can't type at all. so i'm trying to be careful, but YOLO.
jk. i hate yolo.
ANYWAY.
sorry for any mistakes... i think i need an editor or something XD