Status: Finished! Look for the sequel!

When Worlds Collide: Book One, Water

18

Several weeks passed, and it was now music night. Iroh was singing, and I was sitting there with my flute, completely lost.
I have no idea what I’m doing. I thought.
I eventually picked up on the tune a little bit, and started to play, softly.
After we finished the song, we turned, and saw two soldiers and Admiral Zhao had come aboard.
“Well,” he said, when he saw me, “we meet again.”
I glared.
“I came to speak to Zuko,” he said, and Iroh nodded, leading the way to Zuko’s room.
Iroh knocked before entering, and I could just barely hear Zuko say that he didn’t want to play the Sungi Horn.
“No, it’s about our plans,” Iroh said. Wait, what plans? Where was I? “There’s a bit of a problem.”
And then Zhao walked past me into the room. “I’m taking your crew,” he said.
I walked in to see Zuko jump up off the wall. “What?” he asked.
“I’ve recruited them for a little expedition,” Zhao continued, “to the North Pole.”
“Uncle,” Zuko said, “is that true?”
“I’m afraid so,” Iroh replied. “He’s taking everyone. Even the cook.” we wiped his eyes with his sleeve, and I patted his back.
“Sorry you won’t be there to watch me capture the Avatar,” Zhao said. “But I can’t have you there, getting in my way again.”
Zuko charged, but Iroh held him back.
Zhao calmly walked away, going towards Zuko’s swords.
I saw Zuko’s eyes widen.
“I didn’t know you were skilled with Broad Swords,” Zhao said, swinging it through the air.
“I’m not,” Zuko said, “they’re antiques. Just decorative.”
I saw the Zhao’s eyes, and I knew he didn’t believe him.
“It’s true,” I said with a smirk towards Zuko. “I made him show me one day, thinking the same thing you did. He almost took off my head.”
Zuko sent me a thankful glance.
“Have you heard of the Blue Spirit, General Iroh?” Zhao asked.
“Just rumors,” the General replied. “I don’t think he is real.”
“He’s real alright,” Zhao said. “He’s a criminal. An enemy of the Fire Nation,” he said, giving the sword back to Zuko. “But I have a feeling that justice will catch up with him.”
Then he left.

Later, after Zhao had left with the crew, I was in Zuko’s room with him.
“So... the Blue Spirit,” I said.
He looked at me. “Why did you do that? Cover for me, I mean.”
I smiled. “I know it was you. And I couldn’t let the enemy know that, could I?”
Zuko sat up. “How did you...?”
“Um... I just remembered something from my feverish state,” I rushed.
He gave me an odd look, then cleared his throat. “Sam... can I ask you about the Cody guy?”
I pressed my lips together, and sighed. Talking is the best way to get over things, right?
I finally sat down next to Zuko on the bed. “I guess.”
“So... who is he?” Zuko asked.
“He’s... my ex boyfriend,” I started. “We were together for three years.”
Zuko nodded.
“A lot of our friends would joke about how we would get married after high school, and name our children after them.” I smiled, and was a bit confused when Zuko tensed beside me. I glanced over at him, and saw him looking at me.
“But... what happened?” he asked.
“Well... I was leaving for the whole summer, and went over to his house to tell him I was leaving. When I went into his room, I found cheating on me with a girl from school. He didn’t even notice I was in the room,” I whispered.
A tear slid down my cheek, as I relived that day. “After that, I just left. I didn’t want to hear his excuses.”
Zuko’s arm was around me, and I leaned into his side, sobbing. Why was I still upset over this? Why couldn’t I forget it already?
“It’s okay,” Zuko soothed. “That guy was an idiot. He didn’t deserve you.”
I smiled through my tears. “Thanks Zuko,” I said. I hugged him, burring my head into the crook of his neck.
He rubbed my arm, and kept whispering things to me. Eventually, my tears stopped, and I pulled away. Almost instantly, my eyes met his.
“I...,” I started, but trailed off, still lost in his eyes. He started to lean in, and I froze. Right before our lips touched, Iroh came into the room, and we jumped apart.
“The crew asked me to wish you good travels, Prince Zuko,” he said. Then he looked at us. “Am I interrupting something?” he asked.
I blushed. “No. I was just going to my room.”
Then I quickly walked out, avoiding all eyes.

Later that night, after Iroh had left for his walk, I was up on deck, drawing. I made sure to hold the pen right this time as I drew from memory my home.
Bang.
I jumped, and looked up. There, was a pirate, climbing aboard the ship. My eyes widened, and I started to make my way to the door so I could go below decks to warn Zuko. I was almost there when I tripped over something-a Sungi Horn?
All the pirates eyes went to me, and before I could scream, they gagged me.
Great.
They tied me up in the Captains quarters, and were gone. Now what?
I sat there for a bit, completely helpless. I heard someone coming down the hall, and thinking it was one of the pirates, I panicked. I crawled back closer to the wall, trying to hide in the shadows. The door opened, and in stepped Zuko. I sighed in relief, and tried shouting to get his attention. Stupid. I thought. I’m gagged.
I started to bang my head against the wall.
I saw Zuko look, and his eyes widened. “Sam! What happened?” he asked, while untying me.
Once he took out the cloth in my mouth, I answered. “Those pirates from a while ago,” I said. “They snuck on board. I don’t know what they did, because they threw me in here.”
He helped me up, and we were silent for a while.
Then we heard something.
“What is that?” I asked.
We both looked toward the door, and suddenly, everything was on fire. I grabbed Zuko’s hand, panicking. There was an explosion, and we were threw out into the sea. We went under the water, me clutching Zuko’s chest. I held my breath, and felt Zuko’s arms around me, holding me close. I felt him pull me down farther under the water, avoiding parts of the ship that was falling with us. He started swimming with me in tow towards the shore.
We came up out of the water, and I gasped. “Oh my gosh. How come,” I said, still gasping, “that in my world, nothing happens to me... but here, this is the third time I almost die because of water.”
Zuko pulled me up to the rocky shore, both of us lying there. “What do you mean third? This is only your second.”
I shook my head. “No. One, when you saved me. Two, when that big storm hit. And now, three.”
Zuko sat up. “Why didn’t you tell me?”
I shrugged, also sitting up. “We should probably-“
“Sam?” Zuko interrupted.
I looked. “Yea?”
And before I could say anything else, his lips crashed to mine.
At first, I was frozen. But then, I closed my eyes and kissed back. I felt his fingers in my hair as I wrapped my arm around his neck.
What am I doing? my mind asked, but I ignored. I hadn’t realized until now just how much I really did like Zuko. He was sweet, and kind, and all around great. Really, who wouldn’t fall for him?
All to soon, he pulled away. He smiled softly and I had a faint blush on my cheeks.
“We should probably go,” he said quietly.
I chewed my lip and nodded. “Okay. But... since the boat, um, blew up... wouldn’t everyone think that we were... dead... or something?” I said.
“Yea? So?” he asked.
“Well... Zhao thinks your dead. He thinks that there’s no way you can interfere now,” I said.
His eyes brightened. “Of course! Sam, you’re a genius!” he exclaimed and pecked my lips.
I blushed again, my face flaming red. He chuckled at me, and pulled me to my feet.
“Come on,” he said, “I have a plan.”

Later that evening, Zuko and I had... um... gotten rid of a couple of soldiers that were about our size. Zuko’s fit fine, but mine was pretty big, considering it was made for a guy.
Currently, we were just exiting a closet where we were doing a final check of things. Just as we closed the door, we turned and saw Iroh.
We both froze, and I was at a loss for words.
We were alone in the hallway, so maybe that’s why Iroh grabbed us both into a quick hug. “I’m so glad you are both alright,” he said.
My jaw dropped. “How did you...?” I trailed off, shaking my head.
He smiled and winked. “That’s my secret,” he said. “Now, what is the plan?”

The plan was simple. We would be stowaways, and wait for when we landed in the North Pole. Then Zuko would go to get Aang, and I would do my magic from the sidelines to make sure that never happened.
Zuko and Iroh didn’t know about that last part of course.
Right now, it was about a day or so before we landed, and Zuko and I were in our room. Somehow, luck was with us and the two guys who we had gotten rid of were evidently friends and were roommates.
“Zuko?” I called.
“Yea?” I heard him reply from the other side of the small room.
“Can you promise me something?” I asked.
I heard shuffling and then Zuko was sitting down at the foot of my cot. “Anything.”
I sat up, and scooted over to him. “When... when you capture Aang... can you promise not to hurt him?”
He hesitated. “I... I promise, that as long as I have something to do with it, the Avatar won’t get hurt.”
I smiled and kissed his cheek. “Thank you,” I whispered.
He smiled and held my face in his hands, then kissed me.
I was really starting to like it here.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok.
1.) i'm sorry it took so long.
2.) i'm sorry that its a lot shorter.
but today i di a thing for school, and i start wed.
omg. high school. #dying
so again, sorry for the late update and stuff... um... i've decided that i'm not gonna set up dates for when i have to have up chapters, because i just can't work like that. so im just gonna get on the computer every free chance i get and write till my finger tips bleed.
lol. no. i'd go blind before that.
SO. i will start on writing the next chapter. because i'm almost done with season one, which mean almost done with th first 'book' if you want to call it that. but its not a book. to me anyway.
so... lets play a game. if you're still reading the crap called the authors note, on your comment, i want you to sign it with 'grapes'
AND DON'T SAY ANYTHING. lol.
thanks for reading! :)