Status: Finished! Look for the sequel!

When Worlds Collide: Book One, Water

20

As we were flying pass the moon, everything turned red.
The princess immediately clutched her head, and Sokka was quick to make sure she was okay.
“I feel faint,” she said, still holding her head.
“I feel it too,” Aang said, and I looked to see him clutching his head also. “The moon spirit is in trouble.”
“I owe the Moon Spirit my life,” Princess Yue said.
“What do you mean?” Sokka asked.
“When I was born, I was very sick, and very weak,” Yue said, beginning her story. Most babies cry when they are born. But I was born as if I were asleep, my eyes closed. Our healers did everything they could. They told my mother and father I was going to die. My father pleaded with the spirits to save me, and that night, beneath the full moon, he brought me to the oasis and placed me in the pond. My dark hair turned white, and I opened my eyes and began to cry. And they knew I would live. That’s why my mother named me Yue-for the moon.”
I sighed from my spot, stroking Zuko’s hair. “A back up,” I whispered to myself.
“What?” Katara asked.
“The moon spirit must’ve known that something would happen,” I said. “And needed a plan.”
She sighed and rolled her eyes, going back to ignoring me.
Soon, we landed in the oasis. We jumped off and saw Zhao saying how he would be famous, and was naming off names that the future generations would call him.
Silently, Aang sent Momo over to him, and the little lemur ran over and hopped on Zhao’s head.
When Momo finally left him alone, he turned and saw us.
We readied for battle, Aang and Katara getting ready for bending, Sokka pulled out his boomerang, and I grabbed my fans from out of my pockets. With some practice, I had figured out how to fire bend with them.
Zhao’s eyes landed on me, and he gave an evil smirk. “You just can’t choose a side, can you?” he asked. “Oh well. Don’t bother.” Then he raised the bag that had tho Moon Spirit fish in it.
We lowered our weapons, and Aang stepped up. “Zhao,” he said, “don’t.” The monk held up his hands, trying to get the admiral to calm down.
“It’s my destiny,” Zhao said, “to destroy the moon, and the water tribe.”
“Destroying the moon won’t just hurt the Water Tribe,” Aang reasoned. “It will hurt everyone. Including you. Without the moon, everything will fall out of balance. You have no idea what kind of chaos that would unleash in the world.”
“He is right Zhao,” Iroh said, coming into the oasis. We all looked, and I smiled at him.
“General Iroh,” Zhao greeted. “Why am I not surprised to discover your treachery?”
“I’m no traitor Zhao,” Iroh said, pulling down his hood. “The Fire Nation needs the moon too. We all depend on the balance. What ever you do to that spirit, I’ll unleash on you, ten fold! Let it go now!” he shouted.
My eyes widened when I saw how angry he was.
“Zhao looked defeated, and fell to his knees. Silently, he let fish go, back into the pond. Then, his face contorted into angry, and threw fire at the water, instantly killing the spirit.
My eyes widened, and we looked up at the disappearing moon. I glared. “Now you did it,” I spat. “I hope enjoy living in a world with oceans with a mind of their own.”
Iroh attacked Zhao, sending everything he had at the admiral. I watched in awe as he took down four men in four hits. Zhao looked terrified, and backed away. I watched as he ran.
Everyone started to walk towards the pond, and I started to follow, until a hand went over my mouth.
I spun, and was shocked to see Zuko. He silently beckoned me to follow him, but I shook my head. “I’m going to check on the spirit,” I whispered, so quietly I was surprised he could hear me.
He hesitated before sighing and nodding.
I blinked, and he was gone.
I chewed my lip before following the others.
Iroh was picking up the dead fish, and Princess Yue was crying on Sokka’s shoulder.
“It’s over,” she said. “There’s no hope now.”
“No,” Aang said, his eyes and tattoos glowing. “It’s not over.” He walked out into the pond, and Katara tried to stop him, but Iroh held her back. We watched as the water began to shimmer and glow, and then Aang suddenly went under with a splash. Everything began to shine blue, and a huge creature made of water emerged.
After the water died down a bit, everything was still again.
“It’s too late,” Katara said. “It’s dead.”
We were silent for a moment, and then Iroh looked at Yue. “You have been touched by the Moon Spirit,” he said. “Some of its life is in you.”
“Yes,” she said, “you’re right. It gave me life. Maybe I can give it back.”
She stood up, and Sokka grabbed her arm. “No!” he said. “You don’t have to do that.”
“It’s my duty, Sokka,” Yue said, a tear running down her cheek.
“I won’t let you,” he insisted. “Your father told me to protect you.”
Princess Yue took a deep breath. “I have to do this,” she said, and stepped away from Sokka, putting her hands on the dead spirit. It glowed for a second, and then she fell. Sokka caught her before she hit the ground.
“She’s gone,” he said softly. “She’s gone.”
Again, we were silent. After a while, the princess vanished. The spirit fish began to glow again, and Iroh put it in the water, where it began to swim. The small pond began to glow, and a ghostly form of Princess Yue appeared.
“Goodbye Sokka,” she said, placing her hands on his face. “I’ll always be with you.” They kissed, before Yue was gone, forever.
The moon came back, and began to shine brighter than ever.

That next morning, I was still with Aang, Sokka and Katara-much to her dismay.
Zuko had come for me earlier, but I told him that I would stay with them. He wouldn’t leave until I promised that I would see him again, and then he had kissed me goodbye.
Now, Katara was talking to the water bending master of the North Pole, while Sokka was talking to the chief, and Aang and I were off to the side.
After a while, before we left, we were all looking at the setting sun.
I sighed.
“What’s wrong?” Aang asked.
I shook my head. “Nothings wrong. I just never thought that I would go through so much in such little time.”
He smiled. “Now, it’s time for our next adventure.”
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG. LAST CHAPTER. YAY.
comment? who's ready for the sequel??
I AM.