Status: okay, okay. I'm editing-Michelle

Double Trouble

I'm Not Avery

I just stared up at the wall and sighed. I had the urge to cry yet at the same time I didn’t want to because it felt like it wasn’t worth it. The front door opened and I heard Avery walk in and I just saw her walk by me to her room. A few minutes passed before she came into the living room.

“Hey,” she said exhausted.

“Hey,” I responded, not moving. “How was practice?”

“Exhausting. That’s for sure. How was your day?” She sat down on one of the armchairs we owned.

“Uneventful, I broke up with Henry. That cheating bastard.”

“What the fuck? With who?”

“Some blonde chick, I don’t even know her name. I just saw them getting all cozy and then boom caught them going into a hotel.” I sighed.

Avery came up to me and hugged me. Feeling that warmth and love a few tears finally slipped out and then I was crying, curling up into a little ball while Avery comforted me. It's not that I loved the man, it just hurt that someone was taking me for a fool.

“Come on. Let’s get you cleaned up and into something comfortable. We’ll put in some romantic comedy that has some hot actor and a stupid plot line, and stuff ourselves with Cookies ‘n Cream. How does that sound?” She said rubbing my back.

I sniffled nodding. “Alright, can we watch Pride and Prejudice?”

Avery just nodded and started to get all the supplies of what would happen if we were either on our periods or in an emergency; this was an emergency. Avery had grabbed the movie, the ice cream and my favorite part the amount of junk food that was added in the mix.

“Why did you not tell her you love her!” I yelled at the main character.

“He’s such an idiot! And don’t get me started, hey you yeah little miss I ain’t going to accept your love after he had told you.” Avery sighed.

“They’re just too prideful to admit their feelings,” I sighed. “I-”

The doorbell rang and Avery went to answer it and the first thing I heard was that deep voice in which I never wanted to hear again.

“Why the fuck are you here?” Avery growled. “Hey!”

Henry appeared in front of me with those puppy eye looks looking sorry, but that small smirk gave it away; he was not sorry.

“Why are you here?” I asked monotone.

“Babe-”

“Don’t fucking call me that,” I glared at him. I hated pet names with such a passion, I would off balls for that reason.

“Look all that you saw was not real and I just want you back.”

“Oh I know it’s real and I suggest that you leave before Avery gets her her hockey stick and shoves it up your ass.”

He looked at me with wide eyes he knew that I was not kidding. “Babe I-”

“I think she told you not to fucking call her that,” Avery growled.

Henry turned around and there stood Avery with her hockey stick and three pucks.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Henry asked her. Both her and I stared at him as if he were insane.

“Did you really just ask me that? You had the nerve to cheat on my sister, come uninvited to our home, call her 'babe' against her wishes, and still as me what I think I’m doing? Well, I’ll tell you what. I’m going to give you ten seconds to leave, or I’ll shoot these pucks right at you, and shove my stick up your ass,” Avery fumed.

Henry didn’t even think about it twice he got up and bolted out the door. Avery and I looked at each other and then burst out laughing. The fact that it took him not even five seconds to get his ass out of the apartment was too amusing.

“I never understood what you saw in him,” she said.

I laughed. “Now that I think of it I don’t either, I guess it was those blue eyes. Lesson learned don’t trust a guy with blue eyes or blond hair.”

Avery just hugged me and then I felt something cold on my back.

“You did not just put ice down my back,” I said low.

She looked at me innocently. “Well I couldn’t waste the ice that I was ready to throw at Henry, now could I?”

I just stared at her, she was getting noticeably nervous. “Lina...”

“You’re lucky that I happen to love you or I’d murder you by now.”

“I love you too Lina. So very much! Now, go get a different shirt on and lets continue watching Mr.Darcy and Elisabeth be stupid and too stubborn to admit that they love each other.”

“Fine,” I got up and changed my t-shirt to my Brooks Laich jersey.

I went back to the living room and Avery just looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

“Really a Caps jersey?”

“What? Ave, we grew up in Virginia and we grew up watching the Caps...then again you always liked the Blackhawks and I the Caps.”

“True that and I hope that you will support me before the Caps when we play them.”

“Sorry but bros before hoes.”

“Of course, hey will you come to tomorrows practice?”

“Uh...I guess so, sure why not it’s not like I have something better to do.”

“Yay!” She hugged me and then we went back to watching the end of the movie.

We decided that it was time to sleep because holy fuck the practice hours were too early for anyones liking. My mind kept thinking about everything that had happened today and I just cuddled up more trying to forget everything in hopes that I can just move on.

The morning came and I cooked some breakfast for the both of us making sure that it would have enough nutrients for Avery yet at the same time wouldn’t be too much that when she practiced she could keep it down. I grabbed my sketchpad and some pencils before heading out to the car and drove out with Avery to Johnny’s Ice House.

Avery went to the locker room to change and I just went to the bleachers to sit down when I saw Patrick Sharp walking towards me smiling. “Hey Avery, I think the locker room is the other way.”

“I’m not Avery,” I said. “I’m her twin Alina,” I smiled at his awed expression.

“She has a twin? Well it’s nice to meet you, I have to go but I’ll talk to you later.”

With that we parted ways. I went to the bleachers and sat down; no one noticed me since I had my head down just sketching whatever I was able to see. I looked up and saw that everyone was practicing and there was a person who was in my direct view and I decided to draw him.

I started with the number nineteen jersey and then his whole back. It was interesting he seemed to have that rigid posture and I was halfway done with the jersey sketch when he skated away. It was then that I noticed that it was Jonathan Toews.
♠ ♠ ♠
HI! Yes I know another story but hell this is with my best friend. Well, this is just well for fun, there really isn't a plot and it helps my brain just let out all the mush out.
But please leave comments it shall make our days, especially now

A/N: edited 10/21/13