Status: okay, okay. I'm editing-Michelle

Double Trouble

She's a Lightweight

I sat next to Alina and hugged her, silently comforting her. She continued to draw, her pencil flying across the page, drawing skilled lines to create a bigger picture.

“Hey, everything is going to be alright.” I said softly, laying my head on her shoulder once she stopped drawing.

“I hope so. I just don’t want to ruin anything.” She replied with a sigh. I lifted my head and gave her a stern look.

“You are not going to ruin anything. You are going to be a part of the team, and you’re going to make it even better. We’re going to be like the Sedin twins, but more epic. We’re going to be able to kick John Carlson’s ass on the ice, and I’m not dying.” Alina cracked a smile at the last one and I grinned.

“Yeah, we will.” She replied.

“And don’t worry your pretty little head. Jonny-boy will come to his senses and realize he’s being an idiot. Or I’ll just probably confront him myself and make him feel as guilty as possible.” I said. “Yeah, I like that idea....”

“You’re crazy.”

“I know.” I got up and winced.

“Are you now feeling pain again?” She asked me.

“How did you know?”

“I saw you wince. It was pretty obvious. I’ll go get your painkillers. And call the boys.” She answered standing up.

“Yay! Happy pills! Wait, why are you calling the boys?” She grinned at my confusion.

“No reason. They want to help keep you entertained.” I nodded my head.

“Ok.” I took the pills from Lina and swallowed them down with water.

Lina grabbed her phone and called some of the boys and not even ten minutes later they had arrived.

“Did she take her pills?” Sharpie asked excitedly. She nodded.

“Yep. Now wait about ten minutes for them to really start working.” Kaner plopped down next to me while Sharpie sat across from me with Leddy. Sure enough, ten minutes later, I could feel the effects of the pain killers.

“Guys, why isn’t Jonny-boy here?” I asked, my voice laced with sadness. Sharpie took that as a cue to get out his video camera.

“So, ladies and gents, you all learned of Avery’s injury, and she’s still in recovery. And she just took her pills.” He said to the camera.

“Why will no one answer me? Patty-Cakes, why isn’t Jonny-boy here? You two are in a relationship, and he’s usually wherever you are. Is he mad at me?” I asked Kaner, my voice getting smaller and tears welling up in my eyes.

“Oh god guys. She’s a lightweight.” Sharpie chuckled.

“He’s not mad at you. He’s just busy.” Kaner answered patiently.

“Then why isn’t he here. He doesn’t have to be busy.”

“I hope you guys know that I am not helping you guys once she watches this video.” Lina said.

“Why don’t we do something while we wait for everyone to come?” Leddy asked. I nodded.

“Ok. LETS WATCH MULAN!” I said excitedly, getting up. “Whoa. Dizzy.”

“How about you sit down, and we get everything set up.” Kaner said grabbing onto me gently but firmly. I giggled.

“Okay. Hey Patty-Cakes, you’re really warm.” I snuggled into him, emitting an aw from everyone. “What did I do?” I asked looking up at everyone. I just shrugged when I didn’t get an answer.

“Are you ready to watch?” Sharpie asked. I nodded my head quickly, before scrunching up my nose.

“I think you should avoid sudden movements.” Lina said, coming up to me with my blanket. Kaner slowly helped me back onto the couch and sat next to me. I automatically snuggled into his side and grinned as the opening of Mulan played.

Lina sat down on the recliner next to the couch and the boys just sat wherever, Sharpie keeping the camera trained on me. I couldn’t help but sing along to all the songs. The first few obnoxiously, while giggling. When Reflection began to play, Lina and I harmonized perfectly, hitting each note with ease.

“Hey, when did you two become such fantastic singers?”

“Since always.” I answered back, shifting in my position so that I was laying down much more on Kaner.

“Does she always get this cuddly?” He asked. Lina nodded.

“Oh yeah, the more drugged up or drunk she gets, the more affectionate and emotional she gets.”
“Good to know.”

“SHH, THEY’RE SINGING MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOU!” I exclaimed, shushing anyone who opened their mouth to say a word, before singing along. I shifted my seating once more before laying comfortably on top of kaner, taking my place in his lap. With that I could feel my eyes get heavier as my vision blurred and sleep took over.
♠ ♠ ♠
HI BABIES.

I missed you all. If I could, and you all lived next to me, I'd make you all hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and have us all cuddle up on a couch near the fire and tell you all bedtime stories. I'd like to point out that some of the events that happened in the novel happened in real life.

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.

And I'm pretty sure most of you don't even read this boxy thing.

But thanks for reading!
xoxo Lilah