Status: okay, okay. I'm editing-Michelle

Double Trouble

My Favorite Things

I woke up in the middle of the night with the urge of wanting milk, I knew that was a sign of me getting my period. I slowly got out of Avery’s embrace and headed towards the kitchen where I grabbed some milk and started to heat it up. I heard a light rumble and I went up to the window seeing that there was rain, I guess there is going to be a mini storm. Upon hearing footsteps I turned around with wide eyes, but relaxed once I realized it was just Jonathan.

“What are you doing up so late?” I asked.

He chuckled. “I could be asking you the same thing.”

The microwave beeped letting me know that my milk was finally warm. I went to grab it and I smiled, Jonathan kept looking at me; I raised my eyebrow.

“Is there something wrong?”

“No, it’s just uh, I’m surprised that you’re drinking milk this late.” He scratched the back of his head.

“It’s only 2:30 am. Hey Jonathan would you like some milk or is it too late for you,” I smirked.

He chuckled, his voice deep and mesmerizing. “It’s fine, but thank-”

There was a loud thunderclap. I only jumped slightly and Jonathan seemed unphased and there was a door slam.

“Shit,” I muttered, putting the cup of milk down.

Avery practically ran into view and I could see her looking for me frantically. Once she noticed me she ran into my arms and started to cry and holding me tight.

“Shh, it’s ok Ave it’s just thunder nothing bad is going to happen. Hey Jonathan can you do me a favor look into the DVD stack and find ‘Sound of Music’ please,” I said to the bewildered captain.

He followed my instructions and began to look for the DVD while I continued to whisper sweet nothings into Avery’s ear as she continued to cry.

“Um.. is everything alright?” Kaner asked sleepily from the doorway. I nodded and continued rubbing Ave’s back.

“Yeah, everything is alright. Hey Jonathan, once you find the DVD put into the player.” I took Avery and led her to the couch, and continued to sooth her until she stopped sobbing, and just clutched onto me.

“Just don’t leave me please, I can’t lose you.” She sobbed.

“I’m not leaving you, and even if that were to happen I’m there for you. I always will be shh.”

Luckily the movie was put on and we watched it for awhile, Avery just lightly sobbing and shaking every time there was thunder. Once we got to the song of thinking of all of our favorite things, Avery had visibly calmed down and was starting to fall asleep again. I asked Patrick if he could take her to the room and tuck her in and warned him to not try anything or he would never have children. I sighed and went back to the kitchen and grabbed my now cool cup of milk and went back to the living room, I wasn’t tired anymore. I just kept watching the movie and I could feel Jonathan’s stare, I looked over and saw that he was staring at me. It looked like he wanted to ask me what had just happened but didn’t know how to approach it. I sighed thinking it over, should I tell him or should I just keep my mouth shut? I looked over at Jonathan again and I bit my lip, I hope I don’t regret this.

“When we were younger, our mother left us,” I said. “Avery was closer to her than I was and it happened to raining bad that night almost like a thunderstorm, cliche I know but I guess it reminded her of when she left. Although it wasn’t the fact of mom leaving that made Ava afraid of thunder...”

“What was it?” Jonathan asked softly.

I was focused in my thoughts that hearing his voice made me jump. He immediately got up from his seat and sat next to me, embracing me. I was shocked it felt nice, his strong arms protecting me and I could feel a faint blush appear. I awkwardly got out of his embrace and looked into his eyes and I felt myself get lost into his dark eyes, what is wrong with me?

“Um, later that month I was sleeping and I could hear a faint storm coming on and I liked it because it was relaxing but I could hear Avery tossing and turning. I thought she was just being restless but then there was a thunder clap. Her scream it was broken and helpless that I immediately became scared, I got up and tried to wake her up-” tears were welling up in my eyes. “Her scared look as if she had seen Freddie Krueger, I never want to see that look. That’s why I am always going to be at her side, she is my little sister and I will do whatever it takes so that she never feels alone.”

He just grabbed me and held on to me tight, his lips on my forehead. I didn’t understand why he was acting the way he did but it felt nice, someone can actually make me feel safe. Jonathan and I kept watching the movie , he had gotten a bit more comfortable with me in his arms; it seemed that he was trying to make sure that I wouldn’t feel unsafe. The movie was playing and I felt my eyes get heavy, I should get up and go to my room but it felt comfortable; sometime in between I fell asleep. I woke up to a screech, I tried to get up but I couldn’t and felt a pair of arms pull me closer to a body; craning my neck to see who had me in their arms my eyes widened. I heard a shout come from Avery before seeing Patrick running his curly hair sticking everywhere, Avery had her hockey stick in her hand and was looking at the blond menacing. Oh god this could end badly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here is an update. I hope that Marian Hossa, is well and I'm not even going to express my rage at the Coyotes. Nor the NHL, Shanahan....cause really. Anyhow...please comment.
We love y'all...

AGAIN MIBBA Y U DO THIS...