‹ Prequel: Deadly
Status: On hold for a bit while I write out the prequel! Check it out?

Infectious

Prologue

Another year has passed, but it feels like longer. We were finally able to make it after that last attack and find somewhere else to stay. But I should know better. There will be a time when we have to move. As I sit on the ledge looking out at the city, the old familiar footsteps of Jason brings a smile to my face.

But the look on his face tells me this won't be a happy chat like always. His head is down, looking at his feet as he continues to walk over to me. His hands are in the pocket of his torn, black hoodie, which gives me the sign, he's not at all looking forward to this chat. He pulled himself up onto the ledge with me and looked out at the city just like I had been doing.

Jason just stares out. I watch him curiously wondering what was on his mind. He's never been so hard to read. "Chelsea, what happened that day?" He finally asked still looking out at the dead city. I continued to look at him, but in confusion wondering what day he meant. When I didn't answer him, he looked over at me. Seeing the confusion written on my face, he tried again. "Last year what happened?"

It took me a second to think about what he was talking about. Seconds later, it hit me. "They never told you?" I knew the adults kept secrets, but I thought this would have spread like wild fire since I came back to the group.

"No one ever said how you made it out alive. What happened to you?" He placed his hand on top of mine and just watched me waiting for the answer.

In that second, I felt like I couldn't breath again. It scared me. Taking in a deep breath, I looked back out to the city. There was only one easy way to explain it, but I couldn't get the words to form. It feels like minutes pass, but I know its only been a few seconds since he asked. "I'm Infected Jason."
♠ ♠ ♠
-The beginning of a new idea! What do you guys think so far?-